Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Venom 2 coming out next year not 2021?
You’re right. My mistake. It’s coming out in October 2020 which I can’t really believe since Serkis was announced pretty late in August so I had assumed they’d wait until next year to start shooting and then release it in the year after. That could always change but for now anyway it’s slated for release next year. Huh.

Last edited:
Morbius must be the quietest comic book movie ever to be filming and nobody is talking about it.

Or do we even care?

idk... it's a vampire movie led by Jared Leto (and will probably be marketed as such).

Could get the teen heart throb box office sales. Not extremely likely to blow up, but Underworld and Twilight have their followings.

You’re right. My mistake. It’s coming out in October 2020 which I can’t really believe since Serkis was announced pretty late in August so I had assumed they’d wait until next year to start shooting and then release it in the year after. That could always change but for now anyway it’s slated for release next year. Huh.
Well, they did start filming at the beginning of last month, so October seems like a deadline they can hit.

Morbius still feels like a concept as opposed to something actually happening :funny:

Venom has gotten me on board the potential of the glorious mess of Morbius.

Some recent box office activity that left me bewildered.

Aquaman making a billion at the same time Into the Spiderverse was in theaters. Aquaman was fun but Spiderverse is one of the all time greats and definitely deserves the better box office numbers.

Venom actually performing well. That movie is a steaming pile and I just don't understand it.

The Joker making a billion. I liked Joker as a film (not a Joker film) but I always thought a billion dollar earner had to have a lot of rewatch value and I don't know what that says about our society where people went back to watch Joker multiple times.

Hmmm I do like him a lot. Pretty under utilized in Hollywood. I don't know about him for Dent though. Dent is supposed to be this very likable, handsome charismatic guy. Saarsgard always has that rough edge about him in all the roles I've seen him in. But ok. Guess it's time for his Hector Hammond redemption

Fun fact: Until this moment, I thought his last name was Skarsgard for all these years and that he was related to Stellan, Alexander, and Bill.

Fun fact 2: Married to Maggie Gyllenhaal. Gotta keep the Bat in the family

Morbius and New Mutants are both coming out next year. I wonder which out of the two will make the most money and get the better reviews.

Aquaman making a billion at the same time Into the Spiderverse was in theaters. Aquaman was fun but Spiderverse is one of the all time greats and definitely deserves the better box office numbers.
Look at the Lego movies, unless you're Disney or Dreamworks you're not going to make that kind of money for an animated feature even with it being a comic book movie.

I did not follow anything of the news about Eternals, but female led? The cover character for most series is a dude.
Then again, I'm not as aware of this part of the franchise as I was about Captain Marvel prior to the movie release.
Everything I've heard is Chan will mainly be the lead, but I'm sure Harrington and Madden will be too. Either way it'll have "strong female characters" at the center of it.

Morbius and New Mutants are both coming out next year. I wonder which out of the two will make the most money and get the better reviews.

giphy.gif

I still don't know if New Mutants will ever get released. I did completely forget about Venom 2 and Morbius though.

I forgot New Mutants is allegedly coming out. I still think the idea of a superhero horror movie is still very cool. And the cast is good. From everything I read and seen it's not even terrible or even bad
But at this point there's nothing to do with it.

It's not gonna make a lot of money or move the needle forward or back. At this point the prolonged wait for the movie is the most interesting thing about it.
I really don't get why there's been all this back and forth on it. I assume Disney is just having trouble negotiating with everyone to move it to Hulu

A part of me still thinks with some tweaking and a little imagination, New Mutants would be an interesting way to introduce X-Men and mutants to the MCU.

Just a part though.

New Mutants is definitely interesting. I can't imagine why it wasn't just released. It has a good cast and I doubt it cost much to make, so why didn't Fox just release it? I do think there's a good chance it ends up on Hulu eventually, but do they waste time on reshoots? Do they try and make it connect to the MCU now? There's just so many questions after the deal closed.

I usually don't do this, but part of the reason I hope it's good because that New Mutants thread was one of the most toxic and pathetic threads I've seen on this site. I'd love for the movie to come out theatrically just to piss some of them off

List of total Comic Book Movies coming out next year.

MCU

Black Widow - May 1st, 2020
Eternals - November 6th, 2020

Fox Marvel

New Mutants - April 3rd, 2020(this will be the last Marvel movie made by Fox).

SMCU
Morbius - July 31st, 2020
Venom 2 - October 2, 2020

DCEU
Birds Of Prey - February 7th, 2020
Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5th 2020

Valiant.
Bloodshot - February 21st, 2020

How the hell is Morbius not coming out in October? I get that Venom did great business in that month but I think Morbius would be better served coming out on October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"