Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all 3 of Raimi's Spidey movies but I must admit I found the 3rd rough last time I tried to watch it. The first 2 are still absolute classics though.

If Raimi hadn't had his hands tied, it would have been the quality of the first 2, I've no doubt. I still enjoy it and it 'holds up' as a film in it's own right, but it pails next to the first two, it's just a shame Raimi has to work round so much to get to what he really wants to and even then, cannot execute because of shoe-horned Venom.

Glad I did not suggest a new thread like I was thinking, thanks for the funny comment @flickchick85. :funny:

And if not for Spider-Man 3 we wouldn't get this

tumblr_pn7z7mYHci1rrkahjo1_500.gifv

I'm kind of surprised that non-essentials to the scene were allowed to watch even if they're also in the movie, but Sony is notoriously less secretive than Marvel Studios so I guess maybe it's not so surprising.

Welp.

I have some vacation time so I’m gonna finally watch both parts of Batman The Long Halloween and possibly attempt Dune on HBO Max.

Wish me luck yall. Lol.
If you have the opportunity to check out Dune in IMAX I'd definitely recommend it. It's probably the best utilization of that format outside of Nolan's movies.

And I just watched both parts of The Long Halloween last week. It was better than I thought it'd be with a surprisingly good performance from Josh Duhamel, of all people.

If Raimi hadn't had his hands tied, it would have been the quality of the first 2, I've no doubt. I still enjoy it and it 'holds up' as a film in it's own right, but it pails next to the first two, it's just a shame Raimi has to work round so much to get to what he really wants to and even then, cannot execute because of shoe-horned Venom.
The fact that S-M3 is still as enjoyable as it is with all the interference is definitely a testament how incredible of a storyteller Raimi is. The reason those films, especially the first 2 are classic is because they are pure, with heart, passion, and soul put into every frame. A perfect example of a classic storytelling at its finest with these types of characters.

And I just watched both parts of The Long Halloween last week. It was better than I thought it'd be with a surprisingly good performance from Josh Duhamel, of all people.

He played Two-Face so well in this project. I couldn't even believe my ears that it was him. I was impressed by Jensen Ackles as well.

Granted it's been a few years since I picked up and read TLH, but I liked this adaptation too. The animation wasn't as bad as I thought it was, and some of the changes they made were cool. However....

I did not like the fact that Batman deduced who the Holiday Killer was and just let her go scot-free like that. That was a very un-Batman like thing to do.

But I'd still put it up there with Gotham By Gaslight.

Have fun, at least I hope you did.

So far so good my friend. Thanks lol.

The fact that S-M3 is still as enjoyable as it is with all the interference is definitely a testament how incredible of a storyteller Raimi is. The reason those films, especially the first 2 are classic is because they are pure, with heart, passion, and soul put into every frame. A perfect example of a classic storytelling at its finest with these types of characters.

I don't think there's been a better director for capturing the vibrant energy of a comic book super-hero.

Over the years it seems that panned movies gets love over time, and praised movies gets discredited. The way of the world lol

It's really not:

Take Venom out of the movie, and that scene goes with him because it is due to the Symbiote. This is the type of thing we mean when many of the worst aspects of the movie are a direct result of forcing Venom in it.

I don't even think that scene is that bad when you consider who Raimi Parker is. Pretty in line with the "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" montage in 2. The dancing scene that's an issue in the movie is the one in the jazz club.

That whole scene feels like a giant "FU" from Raimi to the studio :hehe:

Take Venom out of the movie, and that scene goes with him because it is due to the Symbiote. This is the type of thing we mean when many of the worst aspects of the movie are a direct result of forcing Venom in it.
Oh, I think you misunderstand. What he means is there's no way in hell he'd want the movie without that scene. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"