Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may not be a No Way Home trailer today but that doesn’t mean today didn’t have a Spider-Man movie trailer - the first trailer for Spider-Man fan film Lotus was released today:
The filmmaker behind this movie got a surprise seal of approval from none other than director of the other and much more expensive Spider-Man film coming out in December himself.

Last edited:
So superhero fatigue is real and has been real since about Endgame cause my hype for all these CBMs just isn't what it used to be. Maybe a new Superman, but it's not going to be anywhere close to Avengers, TDKR, and Man of Steel Era for me. I was so excited for those films.

So I watched Black Widow again last night and was really, really enjoying my 2nd viewing and thinking this movie was quite under rated, then the last 30-40 mins happened and it just brings the movie down so much. Things just get ridiculous when previously they had been somewhat mainly grounded.

A shame the last act wasn't something less grandiose and ridiculous. And Taskmaster doesn't get any better with another viewing either, thought TM's worst parts also come in the last act.

Were any of you fans of the Teen Titans show back on Cartoon Network? Is it worth a watch?

I just remember the theme song (both English and Japanese versions) was catchy.

I laughed

bi4lixmzkdw71.jpg

So superhero fatigue is real and has been real since about Endgame cause my hype for all these CBMs just isn't what it used to be. Maybe a new Superman, but it's not going to be anywhere close to Avengers, TDKR, and Man of Steel Era for me. I was so excited for those films.
I'm getting close to this point, and really the only 2 comic book movies i'm really hyped for are No Way Home (becauase of the Raimi verse involvement) and obviously Matt Reeves The Batman. Everything else? I'm currently just not all that excited for. I said it in another thread, but I've seen pretty much almost everything I've wanted to see in these kinds of movies over the course of my life. From The Raimi trilogy to TDK trilogy, and the Avengers and all that stuff. I experienced them all. I mean I like the idea of seeing past iterations for nostalgia purposes, and to revisit those characters like we will for No Way Home. It gives me a chance to give a farewell to the Raimi verse, And obviously, Matt Reeves The Batman is promising us a noir/detective story which looks amazing. But I feel like aside from those, the well is drying up for me. Director/artistic driven comic book movies are the only ones that really intrigue me anymore and there's not that many of them tbh.

Were any of you fans of the Teen Titans show back on Cartoon Network? Is it worth a watch?

Yeah, it’s generally a good show and much better than the live action show we currently have. Be warned though as the series can get quite zany and childish at times, but I think the show holds up really well and is surprisingly mature for a children’s show. It’s almost nothing like the original George Perez/Marv Wolfman New Teen Titans run, but it’s still a good take on the team on its own. IMHO the show’s Raven is still the best version of the character in any medium. It’s one of the best serious action cartoons, but it isn’t as good as Avatar The Last Airbender though but it’s still a good show in its own right. As far as how it compares to other superhero shows, BTAS, Superman: The Animated Series, and Spectacular Spider-Man are the tops. This ranks behind them by a lot.

The episodes “Haunted” and “The Beast Within” are pretty much standout episodes for me as just standalone episodes that don’t tie into larger arcs, and show’s adaptions of Judas Contract and Trigon are pretty much exceptional all around, but obviously toned down from their comic versions to make it suitable for a children’s show.

Last edited:
I honestly have more interest in Eternals now after seeing the score, in one of those morbid "how bad can people possibly be making this out to be?" kind of ways

Same here. I think a series of good Superman movies and a legitimately good Batman/Superman team up movie are the only things that can stir up even a fraction of the old hype.

I didn't watch Teen Titans on Cartoon Network religiously, but from what I saw I thought it was a solid show back in the day. What little I've seen of Teen Titans Go! was entertaining too. I've never watched Titans and I have no plans to but I think it's safe to say that the cartoons are still the best Teen Titans adaptations put to screen yet.

I didn't watch Teen Titans on Cartoon Network religiously, but from what I saw I thought it was a solid show back in the day. What little I've seen of Teen Titans Go! was entertaining too. I've never watched Titans and I have no plans to but I think it's safe to say that the cartoons are still the best Teen Titans adaptations put to screen yet.

I would catch episodes of TTG! randomly a few years ago, but I was impressed by the amount of Easter eggs and adult jokes they would put in that show lol.

I'm on the same page. I'm not even that excited for No Way Home because I just haven't been a fan of this iteration of Spider-Man and I'm actually more excited for the possibility of Charlie Cox coming back then anything.

That'll probably change once a trailer drops and we see all 3 Spideys together but still :funny:

Very much looking forward to the Batman and I'll still see Eternals and every MCU movie opening night but my excitement just isn't there like it used to be.

I'd have to say Hawkeye is the superhero content I'm most looking forward to this year

The only two Marvel features I’m really stoked for are Multiverse of Madness and The Marvels.

But every time I look at the MCU slate I’m just like…
FADA2975-3B0D-4CBE-B210-B247EA441150.gif

wake me up when it’s time for mutants and trips to Latveria.

I'm on the same page. I'm not even that excited for No Way Home because I just haven't been a fan of this iteration of Spider-Man and I'm actually more excited for the possibility of Charlie Cox coming back then anything.

That'll probably change once a trailer drops and we see all 3 Spideys together but still :funny:

Very much looking forward to the Batman and I'll still see Eternals and every MCU movie opening night but my excitement just isn't there like it used to be.

I'd have to say Hawkeye is the superhero content I'm most looking forward to this year

I'm almost 100% certain Sony's not gonna show them until the movie comes out. Which is a shame really because their marketing department would have had such a field day advertising this movie if they were allowed to showcase them in posters, promos, merchandise etc.

Interesting that Feige never denies that Maguire and Garfield are in the film, but always hints that "some rumors are true and some aren't."

I do think Sony/Marvel would have done some damage control by now if they weren't in this. By now it's the obvious main appeal of this film. I mean, as much as people love Dafoe and Molina, I don't think it was Dafoe and Molina that got the first trailer more views than the Endgame trailer. It was the implication that Tobey and Andrew are coming back, and the villains are just a stand-in representation of that.

Hoping we get official confirmation before it comes out, though.

Also I'm very excited for this. Admittedly I wouldn't as excited if they weren't doing Spider-Verse since I don't care much for Holland's version. That said, if Holland's Spidey is going to have a mentor and be part of "unconventional" stories, doing Spider-Verse and pairing him up with Tobey and Andrew makes the most sense. It feels right in a way the Iron Man connection never did.

I'm almost 100% certain Sony's not gonna show them until the movie comes out. Which is a shame really because their marketing department would have had such a field day advertising this movie if they were allowed to showcase them in posters, promos, merchandise etc.

Sony is going to spoil the whole movie. That is Sony's marketing.

Sony is going to spoil the whole movie. That is Sony's marketing.

It USED to be Sony's marketing but dude we're a month and a half away from the movie and everything surrounding this thing has been airtight. Heck, I'm surprised that Empire magazine expose revealed as much as they did.

I can see them pulling an Endgame and playing things as close to the chest in terms of marketing as per Feige's request, then once it's released for a week or two they just let loose with everything.

Come to think of it, I just realized that there isn't even an official teaser poster out there yet for No Way Home and we're just seven weeks out from release.

It USED to be Sony's marketing but dude we're a month and a half away from the movie and everything surrounding this thing has been airtight. Heck, I'm surprised that Empire magazine expose revealed as much as they did.

[looks at Venom and Ghostbusters]

If you say so...

It’s just sad though.

Another Holland Spidey movie, another movie for him to have to share the spotlight and possibly be overshadowed.

That kid deserves his own Clone Saga, Six-Arm Saga, Torment adaptation etc movies to show what he really can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"