Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely experiencing fatigue. Superhero, and even moreso Disney fatigue. It's a bummer. X-Men might perk me up a little.

[looks at Venom and Ghostbusters]

If you say so...

Doesn't Ghostbusters have some pretty significant returns under wraps too?

LOL checking the RT score for Eternals is giving me Man of Steel flashbacks.

Currently losing to Spider-Man 3. More dancing gifs incoming.

Last edited:
It’s just sad though.

Another Holland Spidey movie, another movie for him to have to share the spotlight and possibly be overshadowed.

That kid deserves his own Clone Saga, Six-Arm Saga, Torment adaptation etc movies to show what he really can do.
Well the good news is that he’ll have more movies to be given that chance. A new director and writing team for the next trilogy would do him well.

I’ll give them mad props if they capitalize on what they have with the X-Men.

They’d be crazy if they don’t. The sheer amount of characters in the X-Men’s corner of Marvel could keep them in business for the next decade.

Well the good news is that he’ll have more movies to be given that chance. A new director and writing team for the next trilogy would do him well.

For sure.

Holland could be so much more if they just gave him his own story with no gimmicks.

I honestly can’t remember where I read this, but supposedly marvel studios wants to do more Spider-Man centric stories that don’t shoehorn a prominent MCU hero each film, while Sony obviously wants a taste of that MCU money with each solo film.

with the F4 coming under Watts, I could see them doing some cool stuff there.

They’d be crazy if they don’t. The sheer amount of characters in the X-Men’s corner of Marvel could keep them in business for the next decade.

I don’t doubt they’ll be able to restore the team to prominence but I’m a tiny bit skeptical they’ll be able to put together something I’ll unreservedly enjoy.

I don’t doubt they’ll be able to restore the team to prominence but I’m a tiny bit skeptical they’ll be able to put together something I’ll unreservedly enjoy.

I really wish they get the tone correct. We all know they love comedy in the MCU, but if that ‘protecting a world that fears and hates us’ feeling isn’t there, then they’ve missed the boat.

Also judging them very hard on who they get to write/direct and who they cast as Storm.

I do enjoy watching BvS...From time to time.

QS67.gif

13553beb8ec2ba1a1c5e1731b47ba6f9576043e6.gifv

42aa0d3ab8507db535b455de08ac3bc7.gif

:word:

Wait… isn’t that second GIF from the new Batman trailer?

I really wish they get the tone correct. We all know they love comedy in the MCU, but if that ‘protecting a world that fears and hates us’ feeling isn’t there, then they’ve missed the boat.

Also judging them very hard on who they get to write/direct and who they cast as Storm.

I’m more confident than I was a year ago that they won’t shy away from themes of discrimination and prejudice, but that’s still not saying much.

Last edited:
If Sony/Marvel waste the chance to do a Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends movie, then the X-Men coming back is for nothing anway.

So superhero fatigue is real and has been real since about Endgame cause my hype for all these CBMs just isn't what it used to be. Maybe a new Superman, but it's not going to be anywhere close to Avengers, TDKR, and Man of Steel Era for me. I was so excited for those films.

Infinity War and End Game were basically the superhero movies I had dreamed of since before I entered school. There is simply no way any of the new movies can compete with that.

There is a lot that the X-men are going to be dependent on in terms of Disney's business model. A CCP approved X-men film is not worth the digital storage it is on...

I’m more confident than I was a year ago that they won’t shy away from themes of discrimination and prejudice, but that’s still not saying much.

Perhaps if Marvel had not just lost a full year of Chinese box office, I would share that confidence.

There is a lot that the X-men are going to be dependent on in terms of Disney's business model. A CCP approved X-men film is not worth the digital storage it is on...

Perhaps if Marvel had not just lost a full year of Chinese box office, I would share that confidence.

Believe me, it’s not a huge amount. We went from a 0 to a 5. The scale is out of 100.

I don’t have superhero fatigue. I do have MCU fatigue tho. I think it’s their in house style. It chokes the life out of these films. At least for me.

Even something as shallow and substance free as Venom 2 is notably more fun to watch for me. Because it’s not made in their signature style.

Last edited:
I don’t have superhero fatigue and I doubt I ever will unless all the studios collectively start churning out s***. But Marvel has a great track record at the moment, and DC/WB has also been good as of late so as long as that keeps happening, I won’t get tired of the genre. Honestly, as messed up as the world is right now on multiple levels, one small thing I can take comfort in is that I live in an era where the fantastical characters of my childhood can be brought to life on the big screen in amazing ways. It wasn’t that long ago when I thought CBMs would never be taken seriously. Remember the days of rubber nipples and cheap set designs?

On the whole question of superhero fatigue, I have to admit that Thor: Love and Thunder is the only upcoming MCU movie that I'm dying to see. As for the rest, I'll see them, but I don't feel any deep-seated excitement.

The only superhero fatigue I have is characters I’ve seen so many times. Batman, Superman, Spider-Man can go and shove it!

I have MCU fatigue fatigue. I'm tired of being tired of MCU.

I'm always ready for Batman (when he isn't from DCFU). And something that isn't MCU and doesn't try to be MCU.

The Venom movies are so bad.

I get annoyed at people giving them a pass just because they "embrace the shlock and know what they are."

Even on those terms they ain't good.

As far as superhero fatigue goes, I feel fatigued when I see bad trailers, and I feel energized when I see good ones. Eternals made me feel like maybe I was kinda done with Marvel stuff. Hawkeye has me excited. So does The Batman. Just has to be good.

Eternals having the lowest RT score for an MCU movie would make headlines regardless, but the fact that Feige doubled down and called Chloe Zhao's pitch for the movie the best he ever heard and has basically been praising it all year is what makes it sting. There's still a good number of reviews left to count for it and there's still a chance that it could stay fresh but at this point I'm not so sure it finishes with a higher rating than Thor: The Dark World when all is said and done.

Eternals at 60, my goodness

we are one point away from the MCU finally entering “don’t listen to the critics you guys, see the movie for yourself” territory for the first time ever

amazing times we’re living in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"