• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Snake Eyes gets a China release before Black Widow.

How embarrassing.

So, Snake Eyes gets a China release before Black Widow.

How embarrassing.

giphy.gif

I liked this movie as a kid
I liked it similarly as a kid. I think this was among my first strong exposures to the Captain America character.
Still hard to believe 60% of RT "critics" gave WW84 a passing grade on top of Metacritic giving it a 60 out of 100

WW84 got treated with kid gloves
An important skill when criticizing movie is also realizing why people would like a movie. Same goes with a movie you like, realize why someone would dislike a movie.

WW84 is a strange movie in a lot of ways.
You gotta give it this scene though:
zyaPnSz.gif

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

You're spot on with WW84 being a strange bird of a CBM, especially in regards to what was actually working with the mass audience. I don't think anyone was asking for a 21st Century take on an episode of the Carter show but lord was there so much braying and gnashing of teeth about "darkness" etc. when in regards to WW1 the only issue was the rushed last act and underdeveloped villains neither of which is a knock on the first film's overall quality or how both Gadot and Pine were sold to the audience.

And then I don't know what supply of drugs Patty got into cuz who was even asking for what she delivered in WW84, seriously?
I'm into what that movie had going on, writing construction and directing, acting and visuals wise.
It is strange as a movie, period. Its construction is very bizarre.
I adored WW84. It felt like the perfect 80s superhero movie, which is not something I knew I wanted but it was fun as hell anyway.
I felt the bashing of it, for the reasons it was bashed, was overblown. While it was a flawed movie, I don't think a lot of the reasons it was bashed were strong issues.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, when it comes to the MCU, the definitive ending of the MCU for me was Endgame. I don't think anything will over top the hype for IW and Endgame.It was really hard to get excited for anything else after that. I felt fulfilled, satisfied yet empty because I knew this was an only in a lifetime moment.

PoliticalUnluckyAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

I mean I still go back to watch and hear the crowd reactions of Infinity war and Endgame.:funny:

I’m in mostly agreement. Infinity War and Endgame I know I’m going to watch for years to come.

However I do think an eventual Avengers movie, that is properly lead into with an older Spiderman, with X-men, FF, others and Dr. Doom as one of the villains will get the hype up there.

Should they do Super Friends featuring The Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, and Samurai as an action comedy?

Disney needs to bring DuVernay on board for X-Men. She would nail that.

Should they do Super Friends featuring The Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, and Samurai as an action comedy?

That sounds like it would be hilarious. I’d be down for that.

Don’t forget Wendy & Marvin lol.

Well that’s dumb.

It's also likely untrue. They probably just lost interest in making the movie (especially given how expensive it'd likely be) and the Snyder thing was just a scapegoat. Snyder's Darkseid isn't appearing again anytime soon, so claiming there'd be a conflict doesn't even make sense.

It's also likely untrue. They probably just lost interest in making the movie (especially given how expensive it'd likely be) and the Snyder thing was just a scapegoat. Snyder's Darkseid isn't appearing again anytime soon, so claiming there'd be a conflict doesn't even make sense.
I would be surprised if they were actually hoping Zack's JL would drum up interest in his DCEU again.

Yeah, it would not shock me if they told her that because one of the producers finally watched A Wrinkle in Time :hehe:

I enjoyed Hanna Barbera's ham fisted 70s era diversity efforts, though at the time I wondered why we got these guys instead of actual DC comic characters like Black Lightning and Red Tornado. I love superheroing and comedy, so my vote would be yes.

In addition to giving us a wonderful version of Marvel's classic Defenders squad, Justice League Unlimited also featured these made for TV Super Friends, which were the Ultimen in the series.

upload_2021-10-30_20-47-56.jpeg

Yeah, it would not shock me if they told her that because one of the producers finally watched A Wrinkle in Time :hehe:

These are the same people who have hundreds of millions of dollars repeatedly to the guy who made Sucker Punch and Guardians of Ga’Hoole.

Eternals at 60, my goodness

we are one point away from the MCU finally entering “don’t listen to the critics you guys, see the movie for yourself” territory for the first time ever

amazing times we’re living in

“The critics are homophobic”

Well, WB didn't want to acknowledge ZSJL as canon, and allow Ava's New Gods movie to be part of same continuity but once ZSJL it got audience and Critic approval, they got cold feet and decided to shelve the project altogether and put the blame on Zack Snyder, just goes to show how petty they' have been to Zack the whole time he has worked with Emmerich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"