Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFH was by far the most contrived-feeling CBM I've ever watched. Even Venom felt more natural.
PxzSKgI.gif

I actually enjoy Origins more than Logan, lol. Not even gonna try justifying it.
VH0iUdA.gif

The Ragnarok is strong with this film. I am for it!

This trailer reminded me of Nolan a bit. The scale feels so much bigger then the Marvel movies, which is insane to me. You have these giant armies clashing in intergalactic battles, but somehow they feel smaller. And I don't mean intimate. I mean small. This doesn't feel like this. This reminds me of how big TDK and TDKR looked and felt.
Amazing what happens when directors aren't forced to make their movie in and around a soundstage in Atlanta.

If nothing else, I love Gal as Wonder Woman so I am looking forward to seeing her in the role again. It was a pretty solid trailer, but I'm still not a fan of Steve coming back nor am I sold on Cheetah.

I just have a hard time getting excited for DC's films because of how much of a mess they made of their universe with SS, BvS, and JL, similar to what Fox did with their X-Men. WW84 makes Diana seem really overpowered compared to what she was in her previous appearances and it seems to contradict much of what has already been said about her time between WW and BvS.

Ha ha!. Someone with more controversial opinions than me!

Lol to be clear I'm in no way saying it's better or even close. It's absolutely worse in every way. I just find it more enjoyable to watch.

Is nuance still a thing? FFH is ostensibly better than Venom. I still find Venom, and particularly the relationship between Eddie and the symbiote, more natural than anything in FFH. Logan is in a different league from Origins, yet it's too slow and boring for me to sit through again while Origins is still entertaining to me.

Don't think it's THAT preposterous :whatever:

I love what they are doing with WW action wise. I think there are going to be some great action scenes. All except the riding the lighting. Someone posted that it looks silly in live action and I have to agree.

I also agree that Steve being back seems really odd. I just don't know they are going to explain it in a way that makes sense

I'm surprised the WW trailer wasn't trending #1 on YT about an hour ago, Free Guy was actually beating it. Doing great on Twitter though, will probably be the big winner next summer.

Now up to #2. Getting a lot of views quickly.

So even though WW is in broad daylight taking down gunman in a mall full of thousands of people, she’s disabling cameras? Are we really trying to stick with the I stepped away from the world of men?

I liked the trailer btw.

WW84 action looks identical to WW action.

Dunno, unless you're into Gadot, there wasn't anything interesting to see in the trailer. Well, Power Rangers villain costume in the end was funny. Posters are great too.

I just have a hard time getting excited for DC's films because of how much of a mess they made of their universe with SS, BvS, and JL, similar to what Fox did with their X-Men.
I find myself to be on the opposite; I kind of like how loose they’re playing with the cinematic universe. In retrospect I think it was a blessing that DC didn’t start their universe out as strong as Marvel because the course-correction has been great, imo, and they’ve really found their stride.

Its obvious DC will now fill the void left by Fox being out of the superhero business(thanks to the Disney buyout) & be the studio that brings the experimental, risqué, R-rated comic book movies all while not giving a flying flip about continuity. And I’m all for it.

Last edited:
Lol to be clear I'm in no way saying it's better or even close. It's absolutely worse in every way. I just find it more enjoyable to watch.

No judgement. We like what we like.

I find myself to be on opposite; I kind of like how loose they’re playing with the cinematic universe. In retrospect I think it was a blessing that DC didn’t start their universe out as strong as Marvel because the course-correction has been great, imo, and they’ve really found their stride.

Its obvious DC will now fill the void left by Fox being out of the superhero business(thanks to the Disney buyout) & be the studio that brings the experimental, risqué, R-rated comic book movies all while not giving a flying flip about continuity. And I’m all for it.
I think WB/DC should stick with stuff that works for them. However, it's a tragedy that we can't see heroes meet each other and we are stuck with BvS and JL.

Is nuance still a thing? FFH is ostensibly better than Venom. I still find Venom, and particularly the relationship between Eddie and the symbiote, more natural than anything in FFH. Logan is in a different league from Origins, yet it's too slow and boring for me to sit through again while Origins is still entertaining to me.

Don't think it's THAT preposterous :whatever:

My grievances about FFH are well documented but I don't understand what you mean by "unnatural". I'd be curious to hear you expand on that.

I find myself to be on opposite; I kind of like how loose they’re playing with the cinematic universe. In retrospect I think it was a blessing that DC didn’t start their universe out as strong as Marvel because the course-correction has been great, imo, and they’ve really found their stride.

I like the direction they're heading in but I'd trade it all for a DCU similar to what Marvel is producing. I think most fans would, honestly.

I think we are also asking for the impossible. Batman has such an expansive gallery of characters. To expect him to appear in every one of the spin offs is just asking for a lot.

And this will also be Gadot's 4th movie as WW. Wondering if the 3rd WW will be her last which I'm guessing will be in 2023/2024.

I think we are also asking for the impossible. Batman has such an expansive gallery of characters. To expect him to appear in every one of the spin offs is just asking for a lot.

And this will also be Gadot's 4th movie as WW. Wondering if the 3rd WW will be her last which I'm guessing will be in 2023/2024.
I said elsewhere that I really hope we don’t see the end of WW that early. I also hope we get a Batman for the long term beyond 3 solo films so that we can get much deeper than usual into that great rogue’s gallery (as well as start touching on the Bat-family at the appropriate time).

Wonder Woman trailer was excellent. I’m head over heels for those costumes, production design, and the score.

Said this elsewhere but at the moment this is my most hyped 2020 theatrical release.
Yep. Feels like it’s going to be a step up from the first film. Can’t wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"