Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Thor’s involved and on Team Cap, does the airport battle even happen? Thor can call on Heimdall to access the Bifrost.

I'm not certain of the timing, but Heimdall may have been in Warrior Monk mode with Skurge running the Bifrost during the Civil War kerfuffle. But in any case, adding two 30 megaton nukes to the intrasquad squabble would have changed it quite a bit. Might be worth a "What If?"

I'm not certain of the timing, but Heimdall may have been in Warrior Monk mode with Skurge running the Bifrost during the Civil War kerfuffle. But in any case, adding two 30 megaton nukes to the intrasquad squabble would have changed it quite a bit. Might be worth a "What If?"

Good point, I forgot about that. Do you think he’d deny the request? I’m not sure if he’s able to deny a direct order from Thor without Odin/Loki’s permission and I don’t see Loki caring.

Hulk parted ways with the Avengers after Ultron was defeated and did not look back, and his reason for not letting Banner out for two years might have to do with wanting to avoid the man returning to the team the beast abandoned.

Thor had business with the Infinity Stones and fixing the shambles his adopted brother left behind.

And I'm glad these two were too busy to have any role or involvement in Civil War.

Good point, I forgot about that. Do you think he’d deny the request? I’m not sure if he’s able to deny a direct order from Thor without Odin/Loki’s permission and I don’t see Loki caring.

My guess is Loki would be cool with Thor traveling about the various realms so long as it kept him out of Asgard. So transporting he and a bunch of his costumed chums to Asgard would be fine so long as they didn't overstay their visit. Adding those two characters to the mix certainly would have made for a much different film, so I am glad Thor didn't receive an electronic letter asking for his assistance.

My guess is Loki would be cool with Thor traveling about the various realms so long as it kept him out of Asgard. So transporting he and a bunch of his costumed chums to Asgard would be fine so long as they didn't overstay their visit. Adding those two characters to the mix certainly would have made for a much different film, so I am glad Thor didn't receive an electronic letter asking for his assistance.

They wouldn’t need to go to Asgard would they? They could go directly from wherever they were on Earth to where the super soldiers were being held, which, if I’m not mistaken, would prevent the airport battle from even happening because they wouldn’t need any other means of transportation to get there.

They wouldn’t need to go to Asgard would they? They could go directly from wherever they were on Earth to where the super soldiers were being held, which, if I’m not mistaken, would prevent the airport battle from even happening because they wouldn’t need any other means of transportation to get there.

I believe - and they showed this on the "Party Thor" episode of What If?- that transportation from one place within the 9 realms to another requires a stop at the Asgard way station. Point to point transport without stopping in Asgard wasn't a thing before Stormbreaker.

I believe - and they showed this on the "Party Thor" episode of What If?- that transportation from one place within the 9 realms to another requires a stop at the Asgard way station. Point to point transport without stopping in Asgard wasn't a thing before Stormbreaker.

Gotcha. :up: Wasn’t sure about that.

It sounds like the biggest issue with Eternals is that tries to stray away from the MCU formula, but it still ends up doing the usual MCU shtick, making it tonally inconsistent.

Glad to see Marquand is still getting gigs doing his s*** Spader impression. What If was pretty disappointing and his bland voice acting as Ultron was a big reason why. I would rather back up a truck full of money at James Spader’s house than ever hire Marquand again.

May I humbly propose Michael Shanks?

How is it secret if everyone knows he's in the movie?

Talk about clickbait.

Who Bill is playing is still a secret. Since this is a one off it likely won't be anyone of note. Scott Lang's dad, maybe?

Clearly Bill Murray is Reed Richards.

Nah but I could totally see him fitting in in that corner of the MCU with Ant-Man and the Wasp.

New(low quality) images from the Empire Magazine coverage of No Way Home has surfaced online:

FCs1HrIWUAEm0FG

FCs1HJXXsAYZnLZ

FCs1IMsXEAcZrCU

FCs1IoiWUAUW-Wj

Empire also confirms Lizard and Sandman will return:

FCs1JJwXoAArzUn

Last edited:
I'm glad to see confirmation that Thomas Haden Church is returning as Sandman. I was worried that he would be CG-only in his sand form.

Practical tentacles return!! Molina still looks amazing as Ock. and it's awesome that THC is returning as Sandman. Even though S-M3 had a lot going on, I still loved his character. Heck, I still love S-M3 as a whole.
It's cool that even though Spider-Man 3 and the TASM movies weren't as beloved and acclaimed as the first two Raimi movies, they're still paying tribute to them in No Way Home. It's like a celebration of two decades of Spider-Man in film. At this point I also wouldn't be surprised if there's at least a nod to Into the Spider-Verse too.

It's cool that even though Spider-Man 3 and the TASM movies weren't as beloved and acclaimed as the first two Raimi movies, they're still paying tribute to them in No Way Home. It's like a celebration of two decades of Spider-Man in film. At this point I also wouldn't be surprised if there's at least a nod to Into the Spider-Verse too.
Agreed! Plus, I feel like people have warmed up to S-M3 over the years in comparison to all the hate when it first came out. I still really enjoy that movie, and while its not as amazing as the first 2 Raimi flicks, I still rank above all the other live action adaptions that followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"