Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metallic purple is always a good look.

Reminds me of the progression of the Nolan trilogy logos. The blue fire and cracked ice versions from TDK/TDKR gave me chills.

It’s kicking them while they’re down.... but... I’m sure they worked out this schedule between them long before JL came out. That’s how it usually works.
I didn't mean that. Obviously they didn't plan to kick WB because all dates were established looong time ago even before BvS' relese. It's just overall dissatisfaction with what WB does with DC property. How much time was wasted and we're still years away from the next "tries". Really contrasts with confidence of MCU and overall hype for the film.
I’m just glad I’m equally a fan of both DC and Marvel. Just imagine being someone who only likes DC right now. Thoughts and Prayers out to those folks.
I can't name myself a fan of Marvel, but I always up for a great CBM regardless of the studio. But my favorite character is in total **** and it makes me Affleck-sad.

No, no, no. Call Snyder what you want. A hack, a bad story teller, whatever. But you can never deny Snyder has an eye for visuals.

superman-in-batman-v-superman-dragging-a-ship.jpg

bvs-trinity-header-161476.jpg

sdcc17jl_11.jpg

The middle one is ugly as hell. The cgi fire ruins it all.

I like the poster. Fits with the first two. Now it's "space" theme.

Sometimes I wonder. If the DCEU came first. Would it be more praised than the MCU or would it still be considered bad?

It's considered bad because they're poor movies. Not because they came later.

WB didn't even need Marvel to make them look bad. I think they've largely squandered the DC library and, as a superhero fan, I find it inexcusable. Batman is the only character they've made work for the past several decades up until Wonder Woman.
I'd been absolutely exhausted and frustrated with what WB has done with my favorite characters (GL, Superman etc...) so WW was badly needed for me. It doesn't balance things out entirely after the **** up with JL though. It'll take years before I get over that. At least the future for DC movies looks bright in terms of quality

I didn't mean that. Obviously they didn't plan to kick WB because all dates were established looong time ago even before BvS' relese. It's just overall dissatisfaction with what WB does with DC property. How much time was wasted and we're still years away from the next "tries". Really contrasts with confidence of MCU and overall hype for the film.I can't name myself a fan of Marvel, but I always up for a great CBM regardless of the studio. But my favorite character is in total **** and it makes me Affleck-sad.

Batman will bounce back. He always does. I'm more concerned for the likes of Aquaman and Cyborg. The latter may not get a solo film at all at this point.

Between Patty Jenkins, James Wan, and Matthew Reeves, the future of the DCEU is real bright. It's never been brighter lol.

I do feel sorry for Cyborg though. He was the most interesting character of JL, he should get his own movie. But he has the least brand recognition, and they've already covered his most obvious character arc.

I do feel sorry for Cyborg though. He was the most interesting character of JL, he should get his own movie. But he has the least brand recognition, and they've already covered his most obvious character arc.

Damn, did not expect that.
Matthew Vaughn for Cyborg solo because I saw Kingsman 2.

Between Patty Jenkins, James Wan, and Matthew Reeves, the future of the DCEU is real bright. It's never been brighter lol.

If those 3 are all succesful Cyborg's chances will at least pick up a bit.

Unless it got stellar reviews, I think I'd still skip a Cyborg movie. A Titans movie with Cyborg vs. Deathstroke would have been better. Of course, WB's move to do a live action TV show complicates things.

Unless it got stellar reviews, I think I'd still skip a Cyborg movie. A Titans movie with Cyborg vs. Deathstroke would have been better. Of course, WB's move to do a live action TV show complicates things.

Doubt there's going to be a Titans movie because of that.
Have him join Metal Men.

A Cyborg solo movie is the last thing I want right now. WB needs to focus on the more significant core members of the league. The more time goes by the less confident I am that we will see a Flash movie.

A Cyborg solo movie is the last thing I want right now. WB needs to focus on the more significant core members of the league. The more time goes by the less confident I am that we will see a Flash movie.

Doing sequels for the trinity is exactly what they shouldn't be doing, since that emulating MCU phase should be over. I'll take cameos in others' movies for the time being.

Doing sequels for the trinity is exactly what they shouldn't be doing, since that emulating MCU phase should be over. I'll take cameos in others' movies for the time being.
Well Wonder Woman 2 is happening regardless, and we are getting Reeves' Batman film as well. Superman absolutely needs a proper sequel in order to avoid being shelved for the next 5-10 years. His reputation has been damaged the most imo.

It's hard for me to do the "Who wants to watch Cyborg?" when we were able to go get a decent Ant-Man movie. So, maybe Cyborg could be similar?

Well Wonder Woman 2 is happening regardless, and we are getting Reeves' Batman film as well. Superman absolutely needs a proper sequel in order to avoid being shelved for the next 5-10 years. His reputation has been damaged the most imo.

Superman and Batman especially I prefer as cameos atm.
All these villain movies, done. Shazam movie, done. Flashpoint, done.

It's hard for me to do the "Who wants to watch Cyborg?" when we were able to go get a decent Ant-Man movie. So, maybe Cyborg could be similar?
Could be if the budget is limited to $80-100M. It's just my personal opinion that he should not be a top priority right now. What I really want is a Martian Manhunter movie.

I think it is quite the opposite Situation. Antman was a success because is participated on the great brand trust from Marvel Studios.

The trust to the DC movie brand is hard damaged and the success of Wonder Woman is totally destroyed afain from JL

Can't wait for tomorrow. Marvel knows how to even do a teaser of the teaser trailer well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back