• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I opened a can of worms... Only I'm not sure they're uglier. I mean, some of these are grotesque intentionally, but at least there's some design sense. And yeah, I totally forgot Oscar-winning Suicide Squad's CGI brother... Reminded me of CGI from 90s Power Rangers film.

God, looking at those pictures reminded me that we have had some awful villains. Throw a picture of the Letoker and Lex up there as well.

I saw Thor: Ragnarok earlier. I love Taika for giving me the imagery I always wanted in these movies. :atp:
QjexwxV.jpg

6jRpHoz.jpg

God, looking at those pictures reminded me that we have had some awful villains. Throw a picture of the Letoker and Lex up there as well.
WB is full of contrasts. Best ever and worst ever.

You know what I've just realised reading through that article? Even if the DCU worked better I don't know if WB would have ever have taken as many B-list characters as Marvel did and try to turn them into household names. I just couldn't see WB green lighting anything that doesn't tie somewhat into Batman or Superman. Supergirl, Nightwing, Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens, Teen Titans, yeah I can see that. But could anyone honestly imagine them making films about Firestorm, Vixen, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, Dr Fate, Atom, Hawkman, etc? I can't.

You bring up a very good point which I feel could be it's own thread topic. I honestly cannot see WB doing any of those films. I can definitely see them popping up in certain franchises though.

Blue Beetle and Firestorm will most likely end up in a Teen Titans/Titans lineup because they're youthful characters. Plus, in Jaime's case, he's a very popular member (thanks to cartoons and video games).

Dr Fate and Zatanna definitely won't get solo films but they are shoeins for making the JLD lineup, especially the latter.

Vixen's best chances of showing up are being added to the Suicide Squad, like the comics. Unfortunately for Hawkman, his female counterpart is more popular, so I see TPTB skipping over him and adding Hawkgirl to a JL sequel instead. As for Atom, well, he'll probably remain an easter egg in future DCEU installments (like what Justice League did) and I doubt we'll ever see Ray or Ryan on the big screen.

You bring up a very good point which I feel could be it's own thread topic. I honestly cannot see WB doing any of those films. I can definitely see them popping up in certain franchises though.

Blue Beetle and Firestorm will most likely end up in a Teen Titans/Titans lineup because they're youthful characters. Plus, in Jaime's case, he's a very popular member (thanks to cartoons and video games).

Dr Fate and Zatanna definitely won't get solo films but they are shoeins for making the JLD lineup, especially the latter.

Vixen's best chances of showing up are being added to the Suicide Squad, like the comics. Unfortunately for Hawkman, his female counterpart is more popular, so I see TPTB skipping over him and adding Hawkgirl to a JL sequel instead. As for Atom, well, he'll probably remain an easter egg in future DCEU installments (like what Justice League did) and I doubt we'll ever see Ray or Ryan on the big screen.

Depends how well received Ant-man 2 is....

Desaturate the lower image, and it could be a Snyder shot.

Last edited:
Will the Defenders show up in Avengers 4?

Also, about the post- MCU marvel verse, in my uninformed opinion the best villains are to be found in the Spider Man verse, because there was so much great stuff in the 1990s spider man cartoon.

I feel as if thats why they split it into two films. Because there's stuff they wanna set up in A4 that they cant without clearing things out between the TV and Movie halves of the MCU. And they need a little more time to work it out so they can really go all out then.

I feel as if thats why they split it into two films. Because there's stuff they wanna set up in A4 that they cant without clearing things out between the TV and Movie halves of the MCU. And they need a little more time to work it out so they can really go all out then.

I'd bet good money on the Defenders not showing up in either IW or Avengers 4.

I'm not even sure they're really connected to be honest, Feige has never really confirmed or denied that. Plus I know that if Feige wanted to use some of the TV heroes, he'd recast. Finn Jones' Danny Rand isn't gonna all of a sudden show up as a side character or a lead

Keep them separate. There's already a huge cast for both Avengers movies.

Keep them separate. There's already a huge cast for both Avengers movies.

Exactly. Having them show up would be fan service, confuse those who haven't watched the Netflix stuff and close the opportunity to use some of those characters in their own movies down the line.

Exactly. Having them show up would be fan service, confuse those who haven't watched the Netflix stuff and close the opportunity to use some of those characters in their own movies down the line.

Oh true true. It would be better to keep them on Netflix. Because if they get popular enough their series then they can not only possibly get films but feature in future MCU crossovers in the next phase.

I wouldn't be opposed to a Marvel Netflix movie either.

Not everything has to be 8, 10 or 13 episodes.

That is kind of what I see Snyder as aiming for, but he hasn't succeeded recently.

No, no, no. Call Snyder what you want. A hack, a bad story teller, whatever. But you can never deny Snyder has an eye for visuals.

superman-in-batman-v-superman-dragging-a-ship.jpg

bvs-trinity-header-161476.jpg

sdcc17jl_11.jpg

No, no, no. Call Snyder what you want. A hack, a bad story teller, whatever. But you can never deny Snyder has an eye for visuals.

superman-in-batman-v-superman-dragging-a-ship.jpg

bvs-trinity-header-161476.jpg

sdcc17jl_11.jpg

He did have an eye for visuals, but I found the BvS and JL films to be visually uninspired.

300, Sucker Punch, and MoS though ... Gorgeous.

I suspect that he's burned out and needs a break.

Sometimes I wonder. If the DCEU came first. Would it be more praised than the MCU or would it still be considered bad?

Sometimes I wonder. If the DCEU came first. Would it be more praised than the MCU or would it still be considered bad?

Still bad. BvS would have been a poor movie 10 years ago.

You would still have the various "Simpsons did it first", but otherwise it would all depend on the novelty. The MCU's novelty of "lesser known" superheroes that have yet to be adapted in live-action would remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"