Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird how much better he directed Wonder Woman. You'd almost think it was done by a completely different, better director.

The petition has amassed over 50,000 signatures, looks like.

A gem:

People like you expect a film to be filled with exposition and unintelligent cheesy dialogue, but MOS, BVS and WW made something special as described already, Zack Snyder is masterclass filmmaker, who infuses his films with thought provoking themes, amazing visuals, allegories, symbolism and metaphors, no other director does that, aside from Darren Aronofsky. if you don't like films like that, is not the film's or director's fault, it's yours.

All the talk about WB but the company missing from this conversation now is Fox, they've basically got a golden opportunity now to try and cement themselves as the number two superhero studio. They've got X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic 4 and X-23 up their sleeve.

They're kinda there by default though, as they're doing their own thing right now while WB tries to emulate the Avengers' success to no avail. If the stars align for 2018 though, that'll really leave no doubt as to how they look compared to WB though.

You know what would be a real kick in the balls right now? If Marvel released the IW trailer.

You know what would be a real kick in the balls right now? If Marvel released the IW trailer.
I wonder if we will see it next month with Star Wars...

There's no way it's not coming with Star Wars.

That said... yeah, Fox is in second place. No question. I think Logan kinda cemented that.

I'm sure the IW trailer will be attached to Star Wars, but I expect it'll be released well before.

Fox have got Deadpool 2 coming, the marketing for that is already first class, they've also got to get that X-23 film up and running as soon as possible.

Now the ultimate question: can Sony's spinoffs let them take 3rd place?

Let's not get carried away here, lol.

Fox have got Deadpool 2 coming, the marketing for that is already first class, they've also got to get that X-23 film up and running as soon as possible.

They also have some weird ass stuff in the works. Noah Hawley's Doom? James Franco's Madrox? I have no idea how those will turn out, but sign me the hell up.

It'll be really interesting if Disney does end up buying Fox. I honestly think worst case is they come away with the Marvel characters, at least the Fantastic 4

Laura is probably gonna take awhile to get up and running, as Mangold's got his Don Winslow/David Mamet project in the wings already. But I'd like to see it in like...2021.

They also have some weird ass stuff in the works. Noah Hawley's Doom? James Franco's Madrox? I have no idea how those will turn out, but sign me the hell up.

That Doom project is giving me Gambit vibes. I have a feeling we won't be seeing either any time soon.

congrazt for Spider-Man: Homecoming for returning home and be the king of boxoffice superheroes this years.

Beyond what we may think of Snyder's aesthetics, the costumes choices that have been made: are you ok with going on with them?

I do not downright hate them but I'd really like a complete overhaul, both to distance the DCFU from the DCEU but also to move toward a lighter look.

Especially Aquaman and the Flash.
Are there any leaked pics of any modifications in Wan's movie?

I think Superman, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman look fine. The rest should be fixed imo.

Last edited:
All the talk about WB but the company missing from this conversation now is Fox, they've basically got a golden opportunity now to try and cement themselves as the number two superhero studio. They've got X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic 4 and X-23 up their sleeve.

Take Fantastic Four out of that lineup, and I agree. I think Deadpool 2 will be a lot of fun (which is mostly what the first one is), and I've got a good feeling about New Mutants. If only Kinberg wasn't helming Dark Phoenix. Otherwise, I feel like they could really breakaway. C'est la vie.

As per the Jenkins and Snyder discussion: I will say Patty Jenkins would never have cast Gal Gadot, so Zack gets credit for that, but not much else. Even the setting is suspect. While I believe Zack chose WWI, Jenkins wanted Wonder Woman to be a period piece since she first pitched doing it in the early 2000s to WB, and she wanted Wonder Woman to be a strong feminine presence representing peace and compassion. Both of which are defining qualities of the movie Wonder Woman and are totally absent in Zack Snyder's movies.

The best things about Wonder Woman, its timelessness, its sense of melodrama and adventure, its character development, and of course the No Man's Land scene, were all Patty. She is drawing from movies like Superman: The Movie, Casablanca, From Here to Eternity, and yes, The Little Mermaid. Zack wants his movies to look like cool splash panels and, consciously or not, evokes video game imagery. She might have emulated his style for some of the action but this conspiracy theory by the fans that Zack somehow phantom directed the movie while also editing Batman v Superman and prepping and then shooting Justice League?

It's ********. And yes, the fact this line is pulled the first time a woman directs a major superhero movie does raise eyebrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"