• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

It works if there's enough of a semblance of Parker and/or his posse as outcasts still struggling to traverse through those school cliques.

In a regular ol' school with all that high school heirachy in place.

Pete was clearly still being picked on, and Brock could have been there to ward that off. Not a tough thing to do. Hell, Pete could have been going to another school before his sophomore year, and Brock could have been protecting him there.

Pete was clearly still being picked on, and Brock could have been there to ward that off. Not a tough thing to do. Hell, Pete could have been going to another school before his sophomore year, and Brock could have been protecting him there.

He was being teased for not showing up with Spider-Man, that's hardly what I'm referring to. Everyone else, including his professors are doing well enough roasting said "bully".

Could potentially have the same impact as TASM Harry.

Speaking of, since most of this is Ultimate and Brock Venom is off-limits so far, adapt Harry Venom. I genuinely stand by that as the 2nd best cartoon iteration.

I still don't get how anyone can think Venom is any deeper or more impactful on Spidey than villains Rhino or Shocker or Electro. He just looks cool. His best stuff involves fighting with Spider-Man, which is gone here.

Don't feed me all that "had a troubled childhood and a wife that left him" because that is pretty basic and boring. He is a good fight villain but it ends there.

:up:

This article makes some solid points:

Venom is exciting not only because it’s not yet tethered to the weight of a larger universe, but because it offers a distinct tone that isn’t attempting to appeal to everyone yet offers an entry point for willing newcomers. Embracing the horror-comedy elements of the character in a way that feels like a tribute to the films of John Landis and Joe Dante, Venom feels deviant and weird in a way we rarely see of comic book adaptations anymore. This renegade comic book movie might just prove Sony has a handle on these characters after all.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...er-leans-lethal-protector-comic-books-1131012

It doesn’t feel like a horror at all to me

Old Trailer

tcAU4al.jpg

New Trailer

c2Kw2Pg.jpg

There's a new photo of Hardy as Capone and people on reddit are working in Venom references

“Amh a mwobster. Amh a bad gwuy...a turd in the wind...”

this film will give us so much joy :funny:

It's certainly got horror elements. The symbiotes consuming their hosts look particularly vicious.

Not exactly. It doesn’t look as intense as in the comics imo. It feels like a slug swallowing a man whole

So....anyone has an answer for me? It bugs me! :funny:

The way Eddie changes, doesn't his eyes and mouth change? Like in that moment in trailer where he looks like Bilbo Baggins when he tried to snatch the ring form Frodo? :funny: Here it looks like it wraps itself on his face, already formed

I'd rather see something more like this.
latest
I should read this, but I doubt it would be as fun as Peter David's Hulk story.

I still don't get how anyone can think Venom is any deeper or more impactful on Spidey than villains Rhino or Shocker or Electro. He just looks cool. His best stuff involves fighting with Spider-Man, which is gone here.

Don't feed me all that "had a troubled childhood and a wife that left him" because that is pretty basic and boring. He is a good fight villain but it ends there.
He had cancer bro, and wrongfully fired for writing columns based on a false lead he had no hand in planting, and sharp teeth, and a long slimy tongue, and talons, and threatens to eat people....

So....anyone has an answer for me? It bugs me! :funny:
It's an alien goo that somehow goes under his skin and forms up whenever it feels convenient.

I should read this, but I doubt it would be as fun as Peter David's Hulk story.

He had cancer bro, and wrongfully fired for writing columns based on a false lead he had no hand in planting, and sharp teeth, and a long slimy tongue, and talons, and threatens to eat people....

It's an alien goo that somehow goes under his skin and forms up whenever it feels convenient.

Yeah but in that shot where he is grabbing the dude and in the store near the end of the trailer it just looks like some sort of helmet that 'wraps' itself on his face with eyes already formed.

The answer to the question "What if Peter never learned the importance of responsibility?" is Venom

Eddie's characterization in this film is what's most concerning. Obviously I don't know yet how much backstory or how he's really going to come off in the film, but Eddie seems like a noble likable enough guy. A fair and honest reporter.

Eddie Brock is not a good person. He's greedy, selfish, a con-artist and a hack journalist.
Venom8.jpg
While Peter Parker has a lot of bad luck, he catches a break once in awhile. While Eddie Brock has had nothing but bad luck.
Venom1.jpg
They have a lot in common, both lost a parent as child, were bullied, fell into the same field,etc. Eddie is like Peter but without any of the redeeming qualities (high intelligence, a good heart, ability to blame himself and take responsibility)
Venom2.jpg
Venom3.jpg
Venom4.jpg
Venom5.jpg
Venom6.jpg
Venom7.jpg

Peter knew when to rid himself of the symbiote because it started wanting to make him do things that are out of his character, effecting his loved ones and performing actions that go against his moral code.
Eddie doesn't feel that way or have this reaction when he inherits the symbiote because he doesn't have those qualities. He's never going to move past having hatred for Spider-Man and get his life together because the alien symbiote is able to successfully manipulate a lost tortured soul into thinking he never can or will, that without it he's always going to be that suicidal man who's life is beyond repair. The Eddie Brock/Venom character is the "What If" to Peter Parker.
Venom9.jpg

And now, a song from Dock Ock Elton John himself:

hqdefault.jpg

Turd in the Wind

Verse 1
Goodbye Eddie Brock
Though he never sensed you at all
You had the power to mould yourself
While Spider-Man just crawled
You crawled out of the woodwork
And dined upon his brain
He left you on the bell tower
And he made you change your name

Chorus:
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a turd in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the pain set in
And Peter would liked to have known you
But he was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your symbiote ever did

Verse 2
Loneliness was tough
The toughest role you ever played
Hollywood created a superstar
And pain was the price you paid
Even when you died
Avi Arad still hounded you
All that Sony had to say
Was that you were part of the MCU

Chorus:
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a turd in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the pain set in
And your future will likely end here
When your success the critics kill
Your candle will burn out long before
Your legend ever will

That’s why people say “ he just looks cool and that’s why he’s popular “ don’t seem to get it. He’s anti Spider-Man, the poison in his life. A mirror reflection of himself if he went down venom’s path. It’s the whole friggin reason why he has the upside down Spider-Man symbol. He’s meant to be everything Spider-Man doesn’t stand for. Even if he helps someone he’ll still kill them

Love the new trailer!!!!!

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock/Venom. Jared Leto is Morbius the Vampire. Joaquin Pheonix is the Joker.

The news just keeps getting better and better.

The "turd in the wind" bit looks like an ending scene to me.

Personally i don't think Venom will appear in the film till the last 45 minutes. infact we probably see the first time he venoms up and the last moment of the film all in that trailer.

I could see the whole idea being Eddie won't embrace the symbiotic until alot later in the movie, and in the mean time its the movie "Upgrade" but with a symbiote.

Even if Venom isn't in the film much i am still kinda curious to see the film. I'l take the film for what it is and the premise its offering rather then what people say it should be.

Last edited:
The worst recent trend is giving away the ending in trailers, like that Tomb Rider thing. God, that was pathetic. So hopefully it's not the case here

The answer to the question "What if Peter never learned the importance of responsibility?" is Venom
Maybe when the symbiote was bonded with Scorpion, cause Eddie never gave that impression.

That’s why people say “ he just looks cool and that’s why he’s popular “ don’t seem to get it. He’s anti Spider-Man, the poison in his life. A mirror reflection of himself if he went down venom’s path. It’s the whole friggin reason why he has the upside down Spider-Man symbol. He’s meant to be everything Spider-Man doesn’t stand for. Even if he helps someone he’ll still kill them

No, those people absolutely 100% get it. He is not the anti-Spider-Man. Having nothing but bad luck, going into journalism, being bullied as a kid, trying to be a hero in his symbiote costume does not make him the anti-Spider-Man.

At all.

Several Spidey villains had hard luck lives and were bullied losers before they became villains. Parker and Eddie's shared careers are apples and oranges. Peter went to the Bugle to make a quick buck selling Spidey photos. Its not his passion. Journalism was Eddie's passion. Science is Peter's passion. So they do not have that in common either.

The real anti-Spider-Man is and always has been Doc Ock. He and Peter are the ones who share the real common meaningful traits. They were both born and raised in middle class New York. Both were nerdy kids with glasses who were bullied. Peter Parker's school life right here;

s5b4zr.jpg

They were both unpopular with girls because they were outcast nerds. They both were molded by their parental figures. Peter became a good person because of the moral values Ben and May instilled in him. Otto's father was a verbally abusive a-hole who kept telling him a man is measured by his strength and power, while his mom was an overbearing biotch who kept telling him that he was super smart and better than everyone, and they were all just jealous of his genius. The antithesis of 'With great power comes great responsibility'.

That is something they both recognize in each other, too;

5o8ups.jpg

nlzara.jpg

Both lost their parents at a young age. Otto and Peter received their powers through their love of Science. Even the love of their lives had similar names - Mary Jane/Mary Alice. When they decided to do the Superior Spider-Man arc, what villain did they choose to inhabit Peter's body and life, and essentially try and be him? It wasn't Eddie Brock. It was the man who could have been just like Peter - Otto Octavius. Because he's the villain tailor made to be an anti-Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He's the one who inhabited Peter's body and life because its a mold that fits him like a glove. Those are real deep traits of being a real anti-Spider-Man character. Not having a black version of his costume, wearing an upside down spider symbol, and trying to be some warped anti-hero.

The comic book people sum it up perfectly here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDY0WKvFwQ8&t=0m38s

Last edited:
Wait... since when is Venom's spider logo upside down?

The "turd in the wind" bit looks like an ending scene to me.

Personally i don't think Venom will appear in the film till the last 45 minutes. infact we probably see the first time he venoms up and the last moment of the film all in that trailer.

I could see the whole idea being Eddie won't embrace the symbiotic until alot later in the movie, and in the mean time its the movie "Upgrade" but with a symbiote.

Even if Venom isn't in the film much i am still kinda curious to see the film. I'l take the film for what it is and the premise its offering rather then what people say it should be.

I think that would be a shame. Not just for Sony's knack for spoiling an ending, but also because that whole scene is awkwsrd. From the "turd in the wind" to the "I have a parasite". Ending on something that goofy would be a letdown.

Wait... since when is Venom's spider logo upside down?
The picture that has the logo upside down is Spider-Man in the black suit made of fabric, from his first encounter with Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"