Sequels Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Amy Pascal is one of the most annoying people I've heard speak!

But why wouldn't Feige and Marvel want Venom involved at some point? I don't get it. Wouldn't doing a proper Venom vs. Spider-Man movie be huge?

At some point maybe, but not rushed straight out of the gate before things have been set up properly.

Feige is like the rich father of the bride, with Tom Holland the young man who is marrying his daughter. Amy Pascal is like the mother of the groom who wants a say in the wedding. And Venom is like the drunk uncle who shows up at the wedding unannounced because he was invited by Pascal, and Feige has to just grin and bear it in order to not make a scene.

:funny:

At some point maybe, but not rushed straight out of the gate before things have been set up properly.
OK...but if you don't set up the black suit and Venom at first, then the Venom movie kind of messes all that up. And it messes up the set up and doing Spider-Man vs. Venom later.

So Sony and Marvel both said that this film does not connect to the MCU...but Amy Pascal, who works for neither Sony nor Marvel, says that it does?

I also don't know how they could introduce Eddie Brock Venom without Peter Parker's Spider-Man. I mean the suit would be meaningless without it being Spider-Man's former suit. Even Spider-Man 3 got that much right.

I really hope that Marvel & Feige gets a crack at the script before this goes to production with even a hint of MCU on it. Perhaps they could salvage this? Although I'm not sure anything can salvage Silver & Black.

It works like this:

mzk9Epf.jpg

Venom exists in Homecoming's continuity indirectly tying it o the MCU

They don't.

This image sums it up perfectly. If it all comes to pass as AP says.

But why wouldn't Feige and Marvel want Venom involved at some point? I don't get it. Wouldn't doing a proper Venom vs. Spider-Man movie be huge?
Seriously

Venom has the potential to be bigger than any MCU villain. I know that I personally prefer Venom to any MCU villain we've gotten. Venoms up there with Marvels finest villains

The only way I see this working out is if the symbiote is introduced in Infinity War. If it's not, then I don't see Tom Hardy's Venom being involved with Tom Holland's Spider-Man at all.

Something just seems puzzling about all this. It makes sense, but it doesn't. In the end, I don't like the direction the Spider-Man franchise is headed. Sony is once again trying to rush things.

Last edited:
I think we need to let this playout. Perhaps he gets the symbiote like you just suggested then!

Yeah, now i'm wondering if we'll get any little easter eggs or stingers in Homecoming regarding the alien suit.

I think we need to let this playout. Perhaps he gets the symbiote like you just suggested then!

I've argued over the past few months that I didn't want to see him get the black suit in IW because it felt too soon(would much rather see him get it when he's an adult). Now with this rumored possibility that Venom is going to be "loosely" connected to Holland's Spider-Man makes me hope that it's true now.

I also get that feeling that if Sony plans on having Tom Hardy's Venom in a future Tom Holland Spider-Man movie, Marvel will be nowhere near it.

I've argued over the past few months that I didn't want to see him get the black suit in IW because it felt too soon(would much rather see him get it when he's an adult). Now with this rumored possibility that Venom is going to be "loosely" connected to Holland's Spider-Man makes me hope that it's true now.

I also get that feeling that if Sony plans on having Tom Hardy's Venom in a future Tom Holland Spider-Man movie, Marvel will be nowhere near it.

Realistically with MCU track record, we are getting maybe only 3 Spidey solos period. Waiting until Peter is an idiot may require waiting to long to see it happen. If he is already gonna he in space for IW, it makes sense to do it then, otherwise it could be something lazy like SM3 symbiote in park

Makes the most sense except the last part. Especially with the involvement of the Guardians of the Galaxy in a battle with earth's heroes. Plus it would give Spidey a power boost to be involved in the fight with Thanos and it make sense.

Use the Venom movie to build up the villain then do the Spidey vs Venom film. Maybe introduce Carnage in one of those films as well.

Plus while there is speculation on the second Infinity War film title. Like Secret Avengers and stuff like that. Secret Wars is also on the table as a title still floating out there.

I still think they have been working out a deal that extends Spidey past part 2 and if they do indeed introduce Venom through Avengers. Then I can't see Marvel not being involved in Venom's stand alone or some of the other films Sony is pushing out.

Especially if they plan to do a Spidey stand alone involving Venom in the future in the MCU part of the universe.

If it does indeed turn out to be a R rated Venom still. This may be a way for Feige and company to dip their toes into the R rated films without it being under or tied to the Disney banner as well.

We will just have to wait until more details are released to find out what their plans are. For now I am just happy that this Venom will be tied to the Spidey in the MCU and increases the chances I will get to see a Spidey vs Venom film in the MCU. Plus I can now get somewhat hyped for this film for now.

That's my whole problem with the Venom thing. If you really wanted to introduce Venom or the symbiotes, wouldn't Infinity War be the perfect scenario to make that happen? Seriously, it's perfect. I know it's not Secret War, but that could be your whole setup for symbiotes, Venom, etc.

OK...but if you don't set up the black suit and Venom at first, then the Venom movie kind of messes all that up. And it messes up the set up and doing Spider-Man vs. Venom later.
Peter Parker should deal with the symbiote first. It should find him during the Infinity War at some point and either spiderman homecoming 2 or 3 has him in the black suit.

there should NOT be a venom movie without first a spiderman movie with the blacks suit

Maybe Eddie Brock will get the symbiote first, and then he'll use a church bell tower to get it off him, and it goes to find another host which is Peter Parker. :o

I think many of you are looking at thing in a chronological box; and, not quite looking at things for what they are.

The events in "Sony's Venom" most likely take place sometime after Spider had the Symbiote. Much like how Darth Vader in Star Wars episode 4 took place, before we got Anikan Skywalker & the birth of Vader in episode 3. This is how I invision Sony's approach to Venom will be....a villain already establish, while the MCU/Sony Spider leads to or catch-up to the event that lead to Venom.

This is what I think Amy is alluding to when she speaks of it being "adjunct". However as it may be...I think she jump the gun in revealing this, to the grimace of Freige...in otherwords, it was suppose to be a well kept hidden surprise, that Marvel will help in some capacity with Sony's solo/spinoff aspirations. Not involved on the level of the Spiderman films; but, some level of assistance neither less. It all may possibly was suppose to develop on a wonderful, well-planned, surprise...til Amy let the cat out the bag; which may also be the very reason, Tom Hardy decided to go alone with Sony, on this anticipated venture, with adjunct ties to & at the very least, Marvel/Sony Spiderman...if not fully to the MCU.

So, we may very well have to wait & see, if we will get a "Secret Wars" type telling, embedded into IW's 2 in the future, that help recons & explains, what currently may be going on, in Venom.

Why is Sony bound and determined to screw up their saving grace? :(

If it were the 80s I'd say......complications from Bone-itis?:oldrazz:

What? What did you guys think I was gonna say.:o

I think many of you are looking at thing in a chronological box; and, not quite looking at things for what they are.

The events in "Sony's Venom" most likely take place sometime after Spider had the Symbiote. Much like how Darth Vader in Star Wars episode 4 took place, before we got Anikan Skywalker & the birth of Vader in episode 3. This is how I invision Sony's approach to Venom will be....a villain already establish, while the MCU/Sony Spider leads to or catch-up to the event that lead to Venom.

This is what I think Amy is alluding to when she speaks of it being "adjunct". However as it may be...I think she jump the gun in revealing this, to the grimace of Freige...in otherwords, it was suppose to be a well kept hidden surprise, that Marvel will help in some capacity with Sony's solo/spinoff aspirations. Not involved on the level of the Spiderman films; but, some level of assistance neither less. It all may possibly was suppose to develop on a wonderful, well-planned, surprise...til Amy let the cat out the bag; which may also be the very reason, Tom Hardy decided to go alone with Sony, on this anticipated venture, with adjunct ties to & at the very least, Marvel/Sony Spiderman...if not fully to the MCU.

So, we may very well have to wait & see, if we will get a "Secret Wars" type telling, embedded into IW's 2 in the future, that help recons & explains, what currently may be going on, in Venom.
This

It works like this:

mzk9Epf.jpg

Venom exists in Homecoming's continuity indirectly tying it o the MCU

If this is accurate, I like the casting of Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock/Venom even less.

Seriously

Venom has the potential to be bigger than any MCU villain.

[citation needed]

I know that I personally prefer Venom to any MCU villain we've gotten. Venoms up there with Marvels finest villains

[citation needed]

( Or, to be more clear: your opinion is, at a bare minimum, a radical minority opinion. It isn't close to being supportable as fact. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"