Spawn Reboot

It worked for Predator, it could work for Spawn. I don't mind the mysterious and barely seen approach as long as we get some decent action in the 3rd act of the movie.
Yeah but they played more of a substatial role and not as peekaboo as he is discribing it. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what he's saying.:huh:

No no no,what is wrong with you Todd? :cmad:

You say that if you did it your way as a low budget movie that you can't have space ships and super villians,a side from wanting to treat Spawn like he is a villian with very little screen time in his own movie. You might as well make a zero budget movie while you're at it then. :whatever::whatever::whatever: Have fun with a movie that ends up being an ultimately borefest and exercise in excessive self indulgence that it ends up performing so damn pathetically at the box office that it leaves quick from theaters in a week or two,and of course gets blasted by movie critics more than the first and only Spawn movie.

Last edited:
has anyone of you read the "HellSpawn" comicseries by Michael Brian Bendis and Ashley Wood? The way McFarlane tells his ideas, how he wants a spawn movie to look like sounds pretty simliar to the HellSpawn comics in which spawn was more of a background character too, barely talked and just acted. And it was fantastic.

If McFarlane wants to make this approach, it might turn out into a pretty good movie. I'm looking forward to this, although I doubt that this will go any further than pre-production, since "Spawn: The Animation" has yet to be released...

and the "Spawn/Batman" crossover...

No no no,what is wrong with you Todd? :cmad:

You say that if you did it your way as a low budget movie that you can't have space ships and super villians,a side from wanting to treat Spawn like he is a villian with very little screen time in his own movie. You might as well make a zero budget movie while you're at it then. :whatever::whatever::whatever: Have fun with a movie that ends up being an ultimately borefest and exercise in excessive self indulgence that it ends up performing so damn pathetically at the box office that it leaves quick from theaters in a week or two,and of course gets blasted by movie critics more than the first and only Spawn movie.

qft, guy must be smoking crack

Sounds interesting, i like the whole "gritty, real & nasty" kind of atmosphere that he wants. But until Todd gives Neil Gaiman the rights back to Miracleman so i can finally read Miracleman #15 without dishing out a ludicrous sum of cash, Todd won't be getting my ass in a seat!

When I see Spawn, I always see a wasted opportunity. If the execution of the comics and movie were better, Spawn could be the Superman to this generation of comic fans. Unfortunately the comics were pretty one dimensional, and the movie was a one trick pony as well. The HBO series was the only aspect of Spawn that had some substance. Sadly I see this reboot being another wasted opportunity. Todd should look at Blade: Trinity to see how his vision would turn out if he directs. He needs to take a lesson from the bigger comic filmslike Spider-man, Iron Man, and Batman Begins. The main focus was on the main character. If McFarlane wants to do this right, he needs to watch Batman Begins every freaking day instead of holding on to an old ass vision that put the character in the predicament he's in.

McFarlane's idea for Spawn sounds like my idea for DC's The Creeper movie. Oh well.

Wow!

First I'm surprised that after 5-7 years since he first talked about his ideas for a reboot/sequel that he wanted Spawn kept in the shadows, that he still is keeping that idea.

The other thing is how it went to having the main characters Sam and Twitch to having Leo play some cop that is after him now.

I don't like either versions of this idea.

The things that were wrong with the first film wasn't that they had Clown/Violator, Malebolgia or hell in it, it was that they needed a much better script(especially in regards to dialogue), effects and above all a way better cast.

I think it's funny when creators ****e their own characters out hoping for a hollywood hit to rake in the cash. See Mark Millar for another example, greedy ass sold the rights to Wanted before he was even done with 1/3 of it.

Last edited:
McFarlane has really lost it :o

You know,it's funny if you see how Todd wants to treat the new Spawn
movie and if you then see or remember how the first Spawn movie went,at least that turned out more faithful to Spawn and his world. Todd to me right now is showing as much disrespect as Fox doe's to it's comic book movies,alot IMO. And I've been a Spawn fan since 1993 or 1994.

:whatever: :csad:

he's been talking about this for at least..9 years or so. I'll believe it when I see it.

i think it's a mandate in his contract with God that Todd mentions Spawn 2 every 2 months.

^Agreed. I see a new Spawn movie as being one of those projects that gets talked about every once in a while but will never actually get made.

Which suucks cuz. Dark heroes are "in" right now... and Spawn deserves to be brought to the big screen proper :(

Damn it. He won't drop the lame vision for a new Spawn movie! If this happens I'll see it out of curiosity and certainly won't pay to see it or even buy it on dvd. :doh:

I hope for his sake he prepares for a possible pending attack from fans of Spawn in relation to an aftermath.

His idea's for the movie definately need to change, Spawn as a background character? As someone else said that totally wouldnt work with todays audience.

i don't know why Todd so invested into that idea of Spawn being a background character. he's been 'writing' the script for the past 90 years it seems and it hasn't changed.

Have any of you guys ever read Spawn: Blood and Shadows? It's a graphic novel made in 1999 by Ashley Wood and Paul Jenkins. It's about an apartment building full of people who have horrible secrets, and what happens at the end is really cool. And in the intro ,
Todd Mcfarlane said he's always wanted Spawn to be more of an urban legend. So in the book, you see glimpses of him at first Then at the end he makes his prescene known in a big, big way. It's really effective. And super spooky. If the movie can be kept as tight as Blood and Shadows is, I think it'll be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"