Speed Racer has been cast and he is...

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Long time reader, first time contributor!!!
I currently work for Time Warner in London England and had the shock of my life today. 2007 Production roster arrived today at the UK's WB marketing slate for 2008. What stuck out the most was a production called Shaolin Cowboy by the WB. Now after a few hours of investigating with our LA team it turns out that Shaolin Cowboy (The Wachowski brothers first comic book title released last year) is a covert name for SPEED RACER to be directed by the Wachowski brothers(Hence the WB initials). Now in the slate doc it showed clearly in capital letters the name of Keanu Reeves under the main title. Not only does this show that NEO (A.K.A Keanu) is reteaming with the Matrix team but seems to be the main role.
If this is so, it looks like a great casting choice for our hero of SPEED RACER.
If you use this please refer to me as PAC.

Source: http://www.aintitcool.com

I like that casting choice.
Keanu is great and does not get the credit that he deserves as an actor.

I'd like him better for Racer X. Though Vaughn is even better in that role.

Keanu, huh?

So, he went from Speed to Speed Racer! ;)

I just don't see it. I've enjoyed a number of Keanu's past works, but I get a big :huh: out of this.

I'm sure he'll be fine if the this is true. I pictured someone younger. Better than Paul Walker LOL.

Keanu's casting is...
bill&ted05.jpg

EXCELLENT!

i was under the impression that Speed Racer was.....younger.....

I thought Speed would be younger but I like the casting.:up::up:

Seems like a better Racer X to me, and I was under the impression that Speed was like, 16.

Keanu returning to comedy, under the guidance of Vince Vaughn and the directing team of the Wachowski brothers? Badass.

Advanced Dark said:
Comedy? I sure hope it's more action than comedy.
From what i hear, it will be both. But seriously, do you expect a serious speed racer movie to be made? The show was almost a parody of itself. :ninja:

Yeah but they'll update it. It could be really an exciting flick if done right. There's probably no better directors to handle it.

Advanced Dark said:
Yeah but they'll update it. It could be really an exciting flick if done right. There's probably no better directors to handle it.
but still I'm saying, we're probably going to see some old school keanu, way back to his early days in this movie. Which is awesome.

Speed was never funny though in the toon. He was always in danger and pretty serious. The only funny part was the kids, the stupid monkey, his angry old man, and when they'd all laugh at the end.

wasn't speed Racer in his late teens, and not a 40s somethign year old man? Thier are plenty of young talented actos in Hollywood, yet they cast a 43 year old man to play a young racer car driver.

Yeah but Racer X was his older brother which I why I think he'd be a cooler Racer X and get a younger kids to play speed. Charlie Sheen would have been perfect years ago.

I'm not against Reeves but I'd prefer they went younger for the sake of the franchise unless they film 3 films back to back.

Maybe they should have cast an Asian person! :o

cannes.jpg

*runs away*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"