Speed Racer has been cast and he is...

big huh casting

and I don't have a problem with Reeves

but huh?

hm... not bad, if true.

i see him more as racer x, like many have said, but still, not bad casting.

is it confirmed that vaughn is racer x? or is that just a rumor?

if so, keanu could be playing him, because the 'insider' didn't sound like he knew for sure that keanu got the 'lead' role.

Ironically, this film will be shot entirely in slow motion bullet-time.

But seriously... :huh::huh:

Keanu Reeves?

I wouldn't say he is good enough choice. Why?

I have nothing against Keanu, he's a very good actor and I love some of his movies. But hnow he looks too old for this role. Besides, it looks like he will again play Neo, only in a new movie :down

But I'll change my mind, if first look at the whole movie is good.

Woah dude like totally awesome:woot::up:

I expect this to have little in common with the TV show and that's fine with me

Cinemaman said:
Keanu Reeves?

I wouldn't say he is good enough choice. Why?

I have nothing against Keanu, he's a very good actor and I love some of his movies. But hnow he looks too old for this role. Besides, it looks like he will again play Neo, only in a new movie :down

But I'll change my mind, if first look at the whole movie is good.

um... what in the world does speed racer have in common with neo?

Catman said:
Keanu's casting is...
bill&ted05.jpg

EXCELLENT!
i can't belived you just totally ripped me off with that pic:o
i ALWAYS have posted that pic since the beginning of time with the caption "from most heinous to most triumphant".

and i don't mind Keanu for this role, Speed talks funny anyways, so it wont be that big of a stretch.

If this turns out to be true....I like it.:up:

i love keanu!...

i trust the wachowskys with any of their choices.... but keanu is great!

Advanced Dark said:
I'm sure he'll be fine if the this is true. I pictured someone younger. Better than Paul Walker LOL.
Anything is better than Paul Walker. As long as we cleared that ring of fire, I can make peace with an older Speed Racer.

Elisha Cuthbert said:
Keanu returning to comedy, under the guidance of Vince Vaughn and the directing team of the Wachowski brothers? Badass.

...Uh.. I believe Speed was ment to be more serious..
it just got funny because... well, its cheesy.

I've never even heard of this Speed Racer before this year. Dunno even wtf it's about. But the title is lame...

I like Keanu so we'll see..

hunter rider said:
I expect this to have little in common with the TV show and that's fine with me
lol yeah.... so true

I took this pic at the comic con this past year:

Click on thumbnail for large version.

yeah, I was going to say something about him being too old, but I think everybody already covered that front.

he wouldn't be particularly bad for Racer X though.

_N0IR_ said:
How do you not know about speed Racer!?

it was one of the first sucessful animes in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Racer

Read up my man, read up.
Animes hasn't never been popular in Finland. Actually it was just couple of years ago (with Spirited Away) that blow up the bank. And now everybody watches anime and reads manga. I did little googling and there's one VHS release of Speed Racer in Finland from 1991. That's all.

Rac said:
Animes hasn't never been popular in Finland. Actually it was just couple of years ago (with Spirited Away) that blow up the bank. And now everybody watches anime and reads manga. I did little googling and there's one VHS release of Speed Racer in Finland from 1991. That's all.

Wow.. I don't think Finland is a good market for this film..

Oh.. and on behalf of all the Russian People.. We are sorry for invading you on March 29, 1809.

_N0IR_ said:
Wow.. I don't think Finland is a good market for this film..
Keanu will sell. And they'll probably release the manga before the movie to hype it up.

_N0IR_ said:
Oh.. and on behalf of all the Russian People.. We are sorry for invading you on March 29, 1809.
Well, yeah... thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"