• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spider-man 3.1 finally?!

Not dramatically different, but Eddie's fate was changed. Instead of Peter pulling him out of the symbiote, he is dissolved down to a skeleton as the symbiote tries to rebond with Peter.

If I'm not mistaken, Gwen was originally going to be the damsel in act 3 as well.

Not dramatically different, but Eddie's fate was changed. Instead of Peter pulling him out of the symbiote, he is dissolved down to a skeleton as the symbiote tries to rebond with Peter.

I found this description on the Blu-ray.com forum:

Eddie's death was originally much more dark and disturbing. While beating a webbed-up Peter, Venom pulls back to reveal that Eddie has now been reduced to a charred skeleton, due to the symbiote having sucked out all of his life force. The symbiote then says in its own voice, "Never wound what you can't kill." It later attempts to bond with Peter again before getting destroyed.

You can read an extensive description of "Spider-Man 3" deleted footage here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13607670&postcount=922

I like the scene, but it's awkwardly cut? How does Sandman just randomly reappear at the end?

After the sand castle scene? Sandman has perfected his powers by then so he can go from sand to human for in a matter of seconds.

I found this description on the Blu-ray.com forum:

You can read an extensive description of "Spider-Man 3" deleted footage here:

Wait... so Bernard was just a figment of Harry's imagination? Wat?

Wait... so Bernard was just a figment of Harry's imagination? Wat?

At one time, that was part of the story. The idea was that Bernard represented the rational, reasonable part of Harry's mind (the side that he kept shoving away). It was sort of a reversal of the real Norman Osborn/hallucinatory Green Goblin dynamic from the first movie (with the imaginary person being "Jekyll" and the real one being "Hyde", instead of vice-versa).

I think I know why the scene with Eddie asking Gwen out in front of her home was cut from the movie. I think it's because they changed the ending. Originally Gwen was going to be kidnapped at the end of the movie but after Bryce Dallas Howard found out she was pregnant they had to go with Mary Jane again (which is also why the scene with Mary Jane asking Harry to forgive Peter was cut from the movie) thus removing the Eddie/Gwen/Captain Stacy scene from the Theatrical Version since they couldn't follow up on it.

I am buying the new set so I can watch this. I had no idea this was a thing until today. I am super stoked!

Post your thoughts when you see it bud. I'm waiting anxiously for mine to arrive.

I plan on doing an extensive review of it!

I just watched it. I like this cut more, and I will posting more about it tomorrow!

So just to be sure, Raimi had no involvement in this at all?

It's apperently based off an earlier workprint so he had made choices that were later changed but the overall edit seems to be just the editor

Hmm, yeah... doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I'll gladly give it a watch though.

Yeah, been a crazy couple of daya, but I am gonna do it tomorrow!!! I barely was home last 2 days

So cool they finally included the symbiote Spidey swinging in the day scene. I will never forget seeing that the day the Comic-Con trailer leaked.

hey guys! where can i buy this spiderman 3.1 ? or if possible the trilogy including the spiderman 3.1 ?

'3.1' doesn't exist at this point, instead we have the "Editor's Cut", which is not quite the same thing. It's based on an ealier cut of the movie, runs 2 minutes shorter, has some minor changes, a couple of deleted scenes and some unused score.

That said, if you are still interested, you'll be looking to buy the Spider-Man Origins Collection, a 4-disc boxset which includes the whole trilogy and the Editor's Cut on a bonus disc. There is also a steelbook 2-pack of the Origins collection and the Amazing series counterpart, called the Spider-Man Legacy Collection.

'3.1' doesn't exist at this point, instead we have the "Editor's Cut", which is not quite the same thing. It's based on an ealier cut of the movie, runs 2 minutes shorter, has some minor changes, a couple of deleted scenes and some unused score.

That said, if you are still interested, you'll be looking to buy the Spider-Man Origins Collection, a 4-disc boxset which includes the whole trilogy and the Editor's Cut on a bonus disc. There is also a steelbook 2-pack of the Origins collection and the Amazing series counterpart, called the Spider-Man Legacy Collection.

The Editor's Cut is also available for purchase on its own digitally through Amazon Video, Vudu, and YouTube.

So cool they finally included the symbiote Spidey swinging in the day scene. I will never forget seeing that the day the Comic-Con trailer leaked.

I'm most excited about that, honestly.

The Editor's Cut is also available for purchase on its own digitally through Amazon Video, Vudu, and YouTube.

Is it available for rent on any of these sites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"