World Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (premieres August 6 on Disney Junior)

UltimateWebhead

Black's the new Red&Blue
Reaction score
This is the latest Spidey animated show from Disney and I gotta say, just based on everything I've seen so far, it's better than any other Disney Spider-Man animated show.

Elephant in the room...I'm probably like most Spider-Man fans and want a continuation of Spectacular more than anything. Right? For the most part it's not only the best animated show but in many cases it's the best media adaptation. So getting a continuation of that...anyway, let's put that aside.

This new show is being aimed at little ones. I know everyone's situation is different but I have little ones so seeing their excitement for this and knowing I'll be watching it with them makes a difference.

That said, I think Disney is finally playing to their strengths. I think the biggest criticism I have with their adaptations of Spider-Man is they suck when it comes to presenting a mature version. They suck at drama. USM was a joke. The 4th wall nonsense was lame. Even after that mostly went away the show was an absolute chore to watch. Marvel's Spider-Man was painful. Most of their attempts at creating a more serious version were fails. It's like they can't find the right balance between creating funny moments and real character development with heartfelt drama and emotion. Even the MCU iteration fails at this, imo of course.

This new show however is right up their alley. It looks incredibly fun and seems to capture at least one element of Spider-Man very well...responsibility. So while it does indeed look childish, it also looks, well, honest. It doesn't look like they're trying hard to make something they have difficulties with. No, they're making something which plays to their strength.

And I'm in. I will definitely be watching this...

Thoughts?

There is a certain level of charm to it that was absent from the last two (three counting the team-up shorts) shows. And that intro theme is really catchy.

There is a certain level of charm to it that was absent from the last two (three counting the team-up shorts) shows. And that intro theme is really catchy.

I DO really like the theme! That's definitely something that has been missing from some of the more recent adaptations so I'm glad to see a return to 'catchy themes.'

Yeah, just from watching several of the preview clips I get a sense that Disney is right in their element with this show. It's like they're not trying so hard to be something they're not.

Are you planning on giving the show a go?

Are you planning on giving the show a go?
Yep. When it comes to Spider-Man cartoons I feel obliged to watch them from start to finish at least once.

EDIT 1: I'm occupying myself with too much stuff I don't pay the attention I'd hope to pay this show, one of the things I'm currently keeping myself busy doing is watch Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (cool 80s cartoon) again. That show and its twin turn 40 in September this year.

EDIT 2: It's ok, has some good entertaining elements, but the childish voices get on my bad side.

Last edited:
This is the latest Spidey animated show from Disney and I gotta say, just based on everything I've seen so far, it's better than any other Disney Spider-Man animated show.

Elephant in the room...I'm probably like most Spider-Man fans and want a continuation of Spectacular more than anything. Right? For the most part it's not only the best animated show but in many cases it's the best media adaptation. So getting a continuation of that...anyway, let's put that aside.

This new show is being aimed at little ones. I know everyone's situation is different but I have little ones so seeing their excitement for this and knowing I'll be watching it with them makes a difference.

That said, I think Disney is finally playing to their strengths. I think the biggest criticism I have with their adaptations of Spider-Man is they suck when it comes to presenting a mature version. They suck at drama. USM was a joke. The 4th wall nonsense was lame. Even after that mostly went away the show was an absolute chore to watch. Marvel's Spider-Man was painful. Most of their attempts at creating a more serious version were fails. It's like they can't find the right balance between creating funny moments and real character development with heartfelt drama and emotion. Even the MCU iteration fails at this, imo of course.

This new show however is right up their alley. It looks incredibly fun and seems to capture at least one element of Spider-Man very well...responsibility. So while it does indeed look childish, it also looks, well, honest. It doesn't look like they're trying hard to make something they have difficulties with. No, they're making something which plays to their strength.

And I'm in. I will definitely be watching this...

Thoughts?

- This is good very good, Marvel and Disney are finally taking things seriously instead of trying to please both audiences.

- They decided to first target the children's audience.

- That's very positive because you can make some simpler stories for preschool kids while at the same time creating other more mature stories for teenagers.

- There are even rumors that Marvel's Spider-Man (The animated series) will return with new episodes in a new season.

spidey_1.png

- And probably here they can make this series more complex like Spectacular and dark if they want because they no longer have the pressure to please children or parents. Spidey and His Amazing Friends will be both the origin of an animated series for the little ones in the house and a new series for the older ones, we are happy they are happy. Everybody wins.

110773.jpg

- Thanks for reading

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"