World Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends

Spider-Aziz

Dummy Dragon Holo
Reaction score
For those who don't know of it, this is to know, and for those who enjoy it, speak for the sake of nostalgia, you can even criticize all the corn and inconsistency in it if you care to do so

Spider-Man_and_his_Amazing_Friends.jpg

Intro image

spiderman%20and%20his%20amazing%20friends%20pic_enl.jpg

Just to get a clear look on how nice the art is in this show

spiderman-ahaf-2.jpg

Fine edit

Most of the 80s cartoons have this in common, best decade of character designs generally (imo), finer animation than the decades before it, funky tunes. The art of this show improved mildly season by season, same goes for the animation

I still watch from time to time. I find it more enjoyable than not. I forgive the corn for the most part; it was the 80's. I absolutely love the retelling of Spidey's origin.
Spider-Man_and_His_Amazing_Friends_Season_2_2.jpg

untitled-14.jpg

Same here, after replaying the 2099 stages from Shattered Dimensions listening to his voice, I'm now watching the whole show

The origin retelling here was the best in animation before Spectacular Spider-Man showed up incorporating movie elements, I love the movie origin more
One problem with the origin in this series is how messed up some scenes are, it feels a little like he became Spider-Man in high school, but you only see him get bitten after receiving his scholarship

Out of all the Spidey toons I've watched,Spidey was the funniest in this series,I think. He had some funny lines,esp. when insulting Iceman.

Same here, after replaying the 2099 stages from Shattered Dimensions listening to his voice, I'm now watching the whole show

The origin retelling here was the best in animation before Spectacular Spider-Man showed up incorporating movie elements, I love the movie origin more
One problem with the origin in this series is how messed up some scenes are, it feels a little like he became Spider-Man in high school, but you only see him get bitten after receiving his scholarship

Disney XD sometimes edits the old cartoons. Some stuff is missing. But both Amazing Friends and the 90's series gave me the impression that in their respective continuities, he became Spidey in college.

A couple of mistakes in "Along came a Spidey":
Shocker kept saying revenge on Spider-Man for catching him before, but here Spider-Man discovers how to beat him for the first time :O
Shocker hits windows, and they turn to concrete when break? :eek:

I love how this "Give me Spider-Man" was used in the "Acts of Vengeance" issues of "Iron Man"

A couple of mistakes in "Along came a Spidey":
Shocker kept saying revenge on Spider-Man for catching him before, but here Spider-Man discovers how to beat him for the first time :O

That storytelling flaw was apparent to me whan I was 10. Still worth it for such a cool origin story.

This picture from the origin sequence is just too awesome to not post
Spider-Friends%2BAlong%2BCame%2Ba%2BSpidey.jpg

I'm glad you did, I find it the goofiest Spider-Man cartoon, but I still love it too

There was a UK Spider-man doc on channel 5 when the 1st film came out, that covered the history of SM, and when it came to this show it described it as Spider-man living in the Friends sitcom. You had him sharing the apartment with the two friends, and that wee dog and Aunt May were comedy fodder all the time.

When i was a kid, this show was just...the best for a comic book fan , you got all the guest appearances by the other Marvel heroes who you never thought you'd see on tv. I was shocked to see Wolverine on tv, funnily enough they gave him an australian accent, predicting Hugh Jackman's casting I guess in some weird way.
I always remember being pissed off that they had Matt Murdock come in as Spidey's lawyer, showed a brief clip of him as Dd, and then that was it. So, when we got that 2 part DD and SM story in the 90s show, they finally took me off the ventilator.

I have the first season on dvd, a good laugh some of it, very nostalgic stuff, I need to get the other two seasons, I'd like to see that origin ep you guys are talking about, I don't really remember it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"