Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers Discussion (Spoilers for Endgame as well)

I don't think Skrulls are going to factor into resetting Peter's identity back to a secret. In fact, I am willing to bet heavily they won't be at all.

my guess is that something in space will prevent fury/skrulls to help peter for his next movie which may not be for another 3-4 years.

According to the screenwriters, they plan to continue on with the Daily Bugle in the sequel.
It’s the 'Whiplash; version!" "It’s a little less comic-book — we’re taking him in a slightly different direction. But we’re excited that if this continues on and we get to work on the next one, hopefully, it’ll involve a lot of J.K."

So those arguing that Mysterio being a fake somehow meant there was no multiverse (even as the Ancient One said there was all the way back in 2016). Well Feige confirmed it exist again. So, prepare for Spider-Gwen and Mary Jane Watson. :cwink:

Has anyone actually been arguing that? Because I at least am arguing something very different: that Mysterio being fake means that Mysterio's story *is no proof of the multiverse*. Because its not. Something can be 100% true, and yet also completely not proven by a given argument.

True, but there could easily be a scenario where they cast this relatively off to the side. A montage where Peter and Happy are constantly coming up with ways to put Peter and different ‘Spider-Men’ in the same situations... JJJ, like Alex Jones, is dismissed by legitimate journalists so his claims are easily debunked....Betty Brant wants to be a reporter so she’s documenting Peter’s life because she’s still convinced he’s Spider-Man/Night Monkey...Flash vehemently denies Peter is SM because it’s shattering his perception of the hero, and rocks his world (we saw hints of a lonely home life in FFH)

But now this makes Peter even more hyper alert to his secret identity. Kraven’s got a keen nose though and can cut through Peter’s bull****

So, we sort of get an outed Spider-Man while still keeping the proverbial genie in the bottle.

Honestly, after talking with some friends, I'm convinced the real problem with this scenario is not the "Peter Parker revealed" aspect. Its the "And now he's hated and feared" aspect. The world knowing Peter is Spider-man is a plot that can do interesting things. Peter being turned into some figure of fear and distrust? Sucks, badly. And even if they intend the eventual resolution to be "No, people call BS on this", its still a cliffhanger of "Peter Parker, guy whose saved the world, outcast because of framejob". Left hanging until a theoretical future movie. That is just kind of a terrible thing to do, story-wise.

Probably asked but where were the Avengers or other heroes? It was excusable how people didnt show up in Homecoming bc it was a smaller more self contained story but this one had larger scale global incidents. They mentioned a few heroes like Captain Marvel, Thor and Dr. Strange and the quick excuses made sense but Falcon, Scarlet Witch, War Machine, etc...? There were so many heroes in Endgame yet no one got involved here

Just like in the comics, the answer is "They're busy".

Spider-Man's iconic costume comes with a mask. He is going to get his secret identity back but I'm sure they will explore being exposed for at least one movie.

Spider-Man's iconic costume comes with a mask. He is going to get his secret identity back but I'm sure they will explore being exposed for at least one movie.

Well I hope he keeps the mask. I don't want it to become an excuse in future films for him to swing around without a mask so Holland can show his face, under the excuse that he no longer feels it is necessary since people know his identity now.

Whether or not they undo the reveal, if they do, we can rest assured it will be better than "I'm gonna sell my marriage to the devil to take back my secret and resurrect my octogenarian aunt who was chill being dead anyway". The bar is pretty low for that particular plot point.

Whether or not they undo the reveal, if they do, we can rest assured it will be better than "I'm gonna sell my marriage to the devil to take back my secret and resurrect my octogenarian aunt who was chill being dead anyway". The bar is pretty low for that particular plot point.

Lol so true.

Say what you will about One More Day, it is iconic. Just like the Clone Saga is iconic.

So those arguing that Mysterio being a fake somehow meant there was no multiverse (even as the Ancient One said there was all the way back in 2016). Well Feige confirmed it exist again. So, prepare for Spider-Gwen and Mary Jane Watson. :cwink:

If you think for one second that Peter's going to lose his relationship with a girl named MJ for another relationship with ANOTHER girl named MJ from a different universe, then I truly don't know what anyone could possibly say to you that would bring you back to reality.

There's a better chance of Aunt May being Carnage in the next movie than there is of Mary Jane Watson joining the MCU. MJ is the MCU's Mary Jane.

Not only would it be lamer than anything even the CW has ever done, establishing an alternate universe Mary Jane, bringing her to the main timeline and integrating her into Peter's life is a huge amount of screen time. Or...they could keep the stuff with MJ going and not abandon two movies of plot development just because incels can only handle changes to characters they know as long as they stay white.

Say what you will about One More Day, it is iconic. Just like the Clone Saga is iconic.

Clone Sage> OMD any day of the week. People somehow forget probably due to the lack of social media at the time and so on how well received that particular story was when it started. It just became a jumbled mess at the end. The public was definitely feeling the story for a while though ....

BND is horrific and is universally regarded as one of the if not the worst Spider-Man story ever.

Clone Sage> OMD any day of the week. People somehow forget probably due to the lack of social media at the time and so on how well received that particular story was when it started. It just became a jumbled mess at the end. The public was definitely feeling the story for a while though ....

BND is horrific and is universally regarded as one of the if not the worst Spider-Man story ever.

I get that, I'm just saying if the filmmakers pulled from that storyline it is one of the most well known Spider-Man storylines in history.

If you think for one second that Peter's going to lose his relationship with a girl named MJ for another relationship with ANOTHER girl named MJ from a different universe, then I truly don't know what anyone could possibly say to you that would bring you back to reality.

There's a better chance of Aunt May being Carnage in the next movie than there is of Mary Jane Watson joining the MCU. MJ is the MCU's Mary Jane.

Not only would it be lamer than anything even the CW has ever done, establishing an alternate universe Mary Jane, bringing her to the main timeline and integrating her into Peter's life is a huge amount of screen time. Or...they could keep the stuff with MJ going and not abandon two movies of plot development just because incels can only handle changes to characters they know as long as they stay white.
Holy crappy assumptions Batman. :funny:

Who said anything about losing a relationship? It certainly wasn't me. Also I adore Michelle, and would marry Zendaya in about half a second, and then spend the rest of my life wondering why it took me so long. In a movie series I rather love, she is a big part of that.

Though Michelle going to way of Gwen Stacy (in a world with Spider-Gwen) doesn't sound all that far fetched imo.

Also, have to love when someone assumes your racist, especially when they clearly get your race wrong. :lmao:

Last edited:
So does Iron Man's and Cap's...

You remind me of something I realized the other day:

Literally nothing good has arisen from Norman Osborne being brought back from the dead. Every single story involving him has either been awful, unnecessary, better suited for another character, or all three at once. Marvel comics would be a measurably better place if Norman were still rotting in his grave.

Literally nothing good has arisen from Norman Osborne being brought back from the dead. Every single story involving him has either been awful, unnecessary, better suited for another character, or all three at once. Marvel comics would be a measurably better place if Norman were still rotting in his grave.

I loved Siege and Dark Avengers

Feige talked a little more about mid-credit scene and the implications for the future and it definitely sounds like Feige does not intend to reverse the effects of the reveal by trying to disprove the story in-universe with the Skrulls posing as Peter as an alibi or something.

“Peter is back in a position that is very familiar to comic fans which is being in New York City and revered as a villain by the press and by other aspects of the city,” Feige told io9. “So [how] it goes forward, certainly, we have ideas. We have thoughts. But like Tony Stark saying ‘I’m Iron Man’ at the end of Iron Man, the best thing about it is it forces you to do something different and unique in the next installment. And that’s one of the fun things about the ending of Far From Home is whatever comes next, it will be unlike anything that has come before.”

“The story we wanted to tell [is] to set up Peter for a new spin on a very classic Spider-Man conceit that you haven’t seen since the Raimi movies,” Feige said. “Which is J. Jonah Jameson and the notion of this very loud mouth journalist spouting hate towards him, the twist of Mysterio winning, essentially, in the end, and pulling one last trick so that the public now believes, or at least the news is reporting, that he was responsible for the acts that Mysterio did.”
It’s telling Feige compared the mid-credit scene to the famous "I am Iron Man" ending from Marvel's very first film. l's first ever film. When Tony Stark outed himself as Iron Man it was not some temporary gimmick that was going to be reversed -- no, that may be true of the comics, but not the MCU that sticks to its guns when it makes radical decisions like this. The mid-credit scene is supposed to be designed to specifically contrast Tony's willingly revealing his identity revealed with Peter unwillingly getting his identity revealed even though the circumstances of Tony's exposure are different from Peter's outing they still share the same purpose which is to serve as a sign that the things to come will be unexpected and not what we've seen before. The future is now unknown, and unpredictable and presents a unique starting point for what's next to come in Peter's journey.

And I'm sure Marvel won't have Peter make a deal with devil to write themselves out of this corner this time around.

Don't forget bringing back Aunt May and sacrificing their marriage to Mephisto to keep elderly Aunt May alive in One More Day.

I liked Dark Reign and his role in Secret Invasion. There were other characters they could have used in that role though.

The scene where Spider-Man's identity is revealed is actually an illusion showing Peter that Mysterio uses to show how easily he can defeat Spider-Man and to show that he is still alive.

I liked Dark Reign and his role in Secret Invasion. There were other characters they could have used in that role though.
While I don't disagree, that could be the case with any story. That doesn't mean he was the wrong choice for the story.

Marvel doesn't really have a good Lex Luthor type character. Someone who can feign legitimacy while being a supervillain. Fisk is probably the next closest but I've always felt that, until very recently, he might flirt with legitimacy but he's generally seen as a reputed mob boss (in other words, people will at least whisper that he is the Kingpin). The only other examples I can think of are Hellfire Club members like Sebastian Shaw and he's not going to have the same level of impact. Osborne has the advantage that, even in death, he was still seen as a legitimate businessman because Harry hid his costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"