Comics Spider-Man for November 2008

Spider-ManHero12

Web-Slinger
Reaction score
Here's some awesome previews for Spidey's books in November. :up:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #576
Written by JOE KELLY
Pencils and Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
Hammerhead's having a Brand New Day of his own and it's Spidey's turn to pay. This one hurts…a lot.
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #577
Written by ZEB WELLS
Pencils and cover by PAOLO RIVERA
Variant Cover by SAL BUSCEMA
You'll never guess this issue's special guess--oh wait, he's up on the cover. That's right, it's a good old fashioned Spider-Man/Punisher punch-up-a-palooza! What's Punisher want with a mysterious, power-enhancing serum? What does MOSES MAGNUM have to do with it? And why is Peter Parker DRIVING A CAB?! Spidey-Stalwart Zeb Wells and groundbreaking artist Paolo Rivera (MYTHOS series) bring Spidey the answers in this double-size spectacular! IN COLOR!
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #578
Written by MARK WAID
Pencils & Cover by MARCOS MARTIN
Mark Waid (FANTASTIC FOUR, KINGDOM COME) joins the Spider-team with fan favorite Marcos Martin to bring you part one of this two-part blockbuster! Random earthquakes don't happen in New York – trust us, we live here. So how did one trap Spidey and a subway car full of New Yorkers underground? But there's more to these passengers than meets the eye as a high powered mob trial's verdict is in their hands. And one of them has a crucial connection to Pete's old boss, J. Jonah Jameson!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY #2
56 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #4
Written by TERRY MOORE
Penciled by CRAIG ROUSSEAU
Cover by TERRY MOORE
She's lean! She's mean! She's green! She's…what? She's not green? Oh. Sorry. Getting her and Hulk mixed up. Check out the most awesomest series in the universe featuring said universe's favorite redhead, by STRANGERS IN PARADISE writer Terry Moore, and art by the fantastical CRAIG ROUSSEAU!
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #26
Written by TOM DEFALCO
Pencils & Cover by RON FRENZ
"The Replacement!"
Araña's back, Fury strikes, and the Green Goblin joins the search for the missing Peter Parker! But the big story is, will the real Mayday please stand up?!?
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

VENOM: DARK ORIGIN #4
Written by ZEB WELLS
Pencils & Cover by ANGEL MEDINA
Eddie Brock's dishonesty and his humiliation at the hands of Spider-Man have poisoned his soul. But it's the strange new costume that'll give him the strength to strike out! Now Eddie's about to discover just where this living alien symbiote comes from…why it possesses the powers it does…and what privileged secrets it can teach him about the man behind Spider-Man's mask! Discover the never-before-seen truth about Venom's past and the symbiote's home planet! By Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and Angel Medina (SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN)!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Pictures can be found here.
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.3444.FIRST_LOOK~colon~_November_2008_Spider-Man_Comics

You don't know how to embed the images in your post?

Use Firefox, right click save.

There ya go.

Should I do it?

Jeez, November?! 2008 is practically over already. Where does the time go?

Damn your eternally young looks, Peter Parker!

Sounds good. We havent had a Spidey/Punisher dust up in a long time!. :spidey: :unishr:

Wish there was a pic of the Sal Buscema varient cover...

Spidey's also appearing in Invincible Iron Man #7 this month.

That should be interesting...:spidey: :im: :up:

invim007_cvr.jpg

Spider-man and Ironman teaming up?? Wow, i cant wait to see continuity errors in this one. The Spidey/Punisher crossover looks promising but after the awful "Daredevil" team up we just got i'm not holding my breath.

Spider-man and Ironman teaming up?? Wow, i cant wait to see continuity errors in this one. The Spidey/Punisher crossover looks promising but after the awful "Daredevil" team up we just got i'm not holding my breath.

That was my first thought as well, but Matt Fraction is writing Iron Man, and he's pretty knowledgeable with Marvel continuity....the question is, though; how much stuff will they allow him to reveal in an Iron Man book, in regards to BND?

Wasn't Fraction the one who wrote that beautiful Sensational annual last year? Hmm...he wrote Spidey flawlessly in that issue, hopefully he'll channel that same energy this time.

In regards to the Venom cover......JEEZ can they make him look anymore like he stepped out of the 90s? :o

The hell..? Whats wrong with his eyes?

ultimatespiderman128.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #128
Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Stuart Immonen.

An unwelcome caller pays a visit to the Parker household in the form of Eddie Brock, the former host to the sinister Venom symbiote! Blaming Peter for his loss of the symbiote, Eddie will stop at nothing to regain it. As the situation comes unglued with the untimely arrival of Gwen Stacy, it's Ultimate Venom versus Ultimate Carnage as War of the Symbiotes comes to its crashing conclusion! Plus: More on the mysterious Beetle and his mission for the ³master²!

32 pages, $2.99.

Cool, I think it actually looks a little scarier... :o

Huh, well thats an unusual take on Venom. Oh well, he isnt the real thing anyway.

Looks like USM, ASG and V: DO for me.

Peter driving a cab....heh....I don't think he even has a driver's liscense.

Ya, I always found that to be odd...

OOOOooOOOOooOO Peter is an illegal driver, bet he doesn't have insurance either :o;):hyper:

It was part of the deal he made in OMD.

The whole "price you pay for dealing with the devil" in Peter's case is that he now has a driver's license and is forced to deal with NYC traffic every day.

Such and evil, evil Mephisto. :p

Damn USM is my fav title on the market, but that design for Venom is god awful. I mean...maybe I'll warm up to it or something but damn. Right now..it's ugly as hell.

The hell..? Whats wrong with his eyes?

ultimatespiderman128.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #128
Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Stuart Immonen.

An unwelcome caller pays a visit to the Parker household in the form of Eddie Brock, the former host to the sinister Venom symbiote! Blaming Peter for his loss of the symbiote, Eddie will stop at nothing to regain it. As the situation comes unglued with the untimely arrival of Gwen Stacy, it's Ultimate Venom versus Ultimate Carnage as War of the Symbiotes comes to its crashing conclusion! Plus: More on the mysterious Beetle and his mission for the ³master²!

32 pages, $2.99.

Maybe the worst Venom cover ever. And we've seen our share, so that's saying something. Exaggerated tongue is bad enough. We've come to accept that. But atleast even those representations actually somewhat resembled Venom. Aside from his hands being bigger than his head and the overall wonky proportions of the whole piece, his gigantic badass white eyes have been replaced with orange jelly-beans. THIS is Venom? Oh man... I remember why I don't buy Ultimate Spider-Man now...

There was an issue during JMS' run where Peter drives to work...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Peter got his license in the "Spider-Man: Final Adventure" story where he was living in Portland. He was shown driving a few times, and MJ commented that his driving sucks. Of course, everyone but me, has forgotten that mini-series which was actually pretty entertaining.

Let us also not forget his joy-rides in the Spider-Mobile and him carjacking that ambulance in "Back in Black." Yes, Pete can drive. But wear your seatbelt. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"