• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Comics Spider-Man in January

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #549
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Pencils & Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
Variant Cover by DAVID FINCH
Saddle-up Spider–fans as the thrillingly thrice-monthly adventures continue!
In this issue, meet the villain from the fifth Spider-Man movie today! Marc (Wolverine, Blade) Guggenheim and Salvador (newuniversal, Uncanny X-Men) Larroca bring you the next great Spidey Villain... MENACE! But that's not all! The mysterious JACKPOT makes her "Brand New Day-Debut!” Plus the mystery of the Spider-Tracer Killer deepens. Not nearly 'Nuff said!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

asm549.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #550-551
Jackpot! Spidey vs. the Police! Menace! Triumphs, twists, turns and tragedy pack these two issues by Marc Guggenheim and Salvador Larrocca. And would you believe...Spider-Man sued? (Hey, that's what we get for having a former lawyer write these things...)
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

asm550.jpg

meet the villain from the fifth Spider-Man movie today!
:confused:

NAA2.jpg

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #2
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by CARLO PAGULAYAN
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
Continuing directly from the pages of NEW AVENGERS #37: The Hood's gang of super-criminals takes the fight right to the Avengers’ door!! Its wall-to-wall action and the end of an era for one Avenger and a major defection for another.
This double-sized issue ties into or wraps up threads from Civil War, World War Hulk, both Avengers titles and the upcoming Secret Invasion!! Avengers writer Bendis welcomes rising star Carlo Pagulayan on his Avengers debut...
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Now I'm confused....

If there's going to be a reboot, how the heck is it supposed to be working with the rest of the MU :huh:

I know that the annual can be referenced as pre OMD, but I'm still really boggled.

Well it looks like one of our biggest fears may still be realise in the incarnation of Jackpot...

But I'm still lost! Well, we all know Bendis is a fan of the marriage, so maybe he sees this as his last chance to write married Spidey:huh:

Well, seeing that image really makes me wish Spidey stuck to his black duds. I don't care if it was a marketing tactic, I was well happy about seeing him in his 80's clothes. :up:

I'm inclined to agree. "And wouldja believe Spider-Man gets sued?"

Uh... yeah. I would. Since JJJ has been suing him for the last year and a half.

Jackpot... ugh.

Spider-Man now wearing what looks like the costume from the movie... double ugh.

Very worried about what they're doing. Never thought I'd be nostalgic for Civil War/Back in Black.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #549
In this issue, meet the villain from the fifth Spider-Man movie today! Marc (Wolverine, Blade) Guggenheim and Salvador (newuniversal, Uncanny X-Men) Larroca bring you the next great Spidey Villain... MENACE! But that's not all! The mysterious JACKPOT makes her "Brand New Day-Debut!” Plus the mystery of the Spider-Tracer Killer deepens. Not nearly 'Nuff said!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

asm549.jpg

Jackpot! Spidey vs. the Police! Menace! Triumphs, twists, turns and tragedy pack these two issues by Marc Guggenheim and Salvador Larrocca. And would you believe...Spider-Man sued? (Hey, that's what we get for having a former lawyer write these things...)
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

asm550.jpg

Depending on how OMD turns out, this could go either way...still have to wait and see...

NAA2.jpg

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #2
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
Continuing directly from the pages of NEW AVENGERS #37: The Hood's gang of super-criminals takes the fight right to the Avengers’ door!! Its wall-to-wall action and the end of an era for one Avenger and a major defection for another.
This double-sized issue ties into or wraps up threads from Civil War, World War Hulk, both Avengers titles and the upcoming Secret Invasion!! Avengers writer Bendis welcomes rising star Carlo Pagulayan on his Avengers debut...
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Nice cover. :up:

They all sound terrible.

They're saying that because this new villain Menace will be SO ORIGINAL and AWESOME, that fans will want him in the 5th Spider-Man movie!!!

:whatever:

Since when did Marvel give a **** about what fans want? :o

So its really official now, Jackpot is in BND, which means that SwingShift WAS in continuity, which means that we've all seen the outcome of OMD months ago. Good freakin lord. 20 years of marriage destroyed, its like breaking Sue and Reed richards apart, i just dont understand it man, why are they doing this????

What's even more pathetic is that they tipped their hand on the outcome of "The Biggest Spider-Man Event in history" MONTHS ago...

and the sheep will still eat it up. :heart:

They're saying that because this new villain Menace will be SO ORIGINAL and AWESOME, that fans will want him in the 5th Spider-Man movie!!!

:whatever:

Since when did Marvel give a **** about what fans want? :o

ah lol, yea gotcha

Movie themed...yuck.
Jackpot...yuck Just bring back Mary Jane.

Well, in responce to the Jan Solics...I guess I'll go movie themed to by saying.

"Their crap. Crap. Crap. Mega-Crap."

It looks like this will be a month where I will be glad I've dropped ASM....and saved myself 9 bucks.

Oh well. Atleast i'm still looking forward to Brand New Day :o :csad:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #549
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

asm549.jpg

32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

asm550.jpg

Larroca's art looks good (as usual) with an exception of the move suit and Jackpot being in the storyline.
Menace looks good.

I dunno about any of the solicits...they don't really grab me at all :( Least the art looks nice...

Ditto. The sad thing is, people will buy this.

NAA2.jpg

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #2
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

This on the other hand, looks awesome.:word:

I don't mind the movie suit as much as the other stuff. I'm guessing this 'Jackpot' character is MJ?

The biggest surprise will be that Jackpot isn't actually MJ.

The biggest surprise will be that Jackpot isn't actually MJ.

i hope that's the case. Someone that has been a civilian for over 40 years of continuity suddenly getting super-powers just doesnt feel right to me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"