World Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Hobgoblin being voiced by Mark Hamill is one of the reasons why I liked him better than Green Goblin in that cartoon. I hated how once he was unmasked and got arrested, he was never seen again afterwards.

He made an appearance in the alternate Earth that was under the control of Spider- Carnage before it blew up in part one of the series finale "I really, really hate Clones "

I liked the Hobgoblin, but even when I was a kid I was a little miffed that Hamill did virtually the same voice as he did for the Joker. The Green Goblin was built up so exquisitely and made into such a great threat. I love Hamill's vocal talents but the Green Goblin is where it's at.

In the cartoon, I liked the GG, Carnage and Hydro-Man the most.

Hobgoblin being voiced by Mark Hamill is one of the reasons why I liked him better than Green Goblin in that cartoon. I hated how once he was unmasked and got arrested, he was never seen again afterwards.
I don't hate that. There needs to be an end to an arc, that was his.

I don't hate that. There needs to be an end to an arc, that was his.

It still sucked that Morbius who's at best C-list ended up having more exposure on the show than him, Norman Osborn's Green Goblin and Venom did.

Ugh Morbius. I just see his name and instantly hear “FELECIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”.

It's likely been brought up here before (I'd search for it if that function still worked for me) but there is an interview with John Semper from 2004 where he talked about working on the show and different things behind the scenes with Avi Arad. The use of Hydro-man in place of Sandman, the show as a vehicle for selling toys. I read it as a teenager and found it incredibly intriguing to see all that went on in creating the show and it definitely changed how I watched it.

It still sucked that Morbius who's at best C-list ended up having more exposure on the show than him, Norman Osborn's Green Goblin and Venom did.

I liked that the Green Goblin and Venom were only used occasionally, rareness, even with Osborn briefness, made them a lot more special. I think that kind of restraint with really popular characters is admirable. Although yes Morbius was overused especially as it was pretty obvious that he had been so toned-down.

I'll quote something another member said a few times on other message boards I frequent through the years about this show coloring (which applies mostly during day time footage) choice being poor.

I thought the visuals looked nicely vivid and conveyed well the excitement and emotions. Some examples
Night of the Lizard (1994)
Neogenic Nightmare Chapter 3: Hydro-Man (1995)
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...ndThief.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080715015820

The take on villains in this show is underwhelming, the more you get exposed to great runs and enjoy them like the old Stan Lee stuff, a good portion of J.M.S. work, the best material by the likes of Marv Wolfman, Roger Stern, J.M DeMatteis, and Peter David, the more disappointment you find in this series, it sours the experience of this show, even if it doesn't ruin it.

Doctor Octopus, especially from having read the Stan Lee comics, and Kraven (though he was only a villain in his first episode) were notably disappointing but I think Venom was pretty much improved from the comics, Alistair Smythe at least as good as in the comics, Mysterio, the Lizard, Scorpion, the Vulture solid.

Coloring during day time looks a little too much on the bright side.

Doctor Octopus, especially from having read the Stan Lee comics, and Kraven (though he was only a villain in his first episode) were notably disappointing but I think Venom was pretty much improved from the comics, Alistair Smythe at least as good as in the comics, Mysterio, the Lizard, Scorpion, the Vulture solid.
This version of Kraven is my favorite actually, better have the man with an honor and the outed noble man find a profession as a guide than a nut who hunts people.

They tried to do something different with Scorpion, but because that plot was half an episode long it doesn't work.

Mysterio is a downgrade after his debut episode, and even then I prefer the motivation of random bored dude to the one who endangered his girlfriend by making a bigger explosion and then wanting revenge against Spider-Man for getting arrested. It sucks more that he ended his life with her.

Lizard and Vulture are solid though, until they ignored the mutation disease Vulture inherited from Spider-Man.

Alistair Smythe and Venom did get improved.

Doc Ock was great in his debut episode as that was when he actually had some dignity. It was afterwards when he became Kingpin's stooge when things started to downgrade in regards to him. Especially since only did his debut initially depicted him as someone that would never take orders from someone else, but the Ottobot two-parter was his chance to reclaim his arch nemesis status, but got ruined when it was revealed that he was working for Kingpin. Hell Kingpin didn't even attribute to anything in that episode other than just showing that Ock wasn't acting alone. So he could have been removed completely from that episode without any serious change.

This version of Kraven is my favorite actually, better have the man with an honor and the outed noble man find a profession as a guide than a nut who hunts people.

LOL, Kraven in the TAS was pretty mild but the comic book version does require quite a bit of suspension of disbelief. I thought he was done really well in the MTV series, one of the few things done really well in it.

Thank you Disney+ for uploading this entire series. I have some of the story arc-centric DVDs, but I've always wanted to once again watch the whole show as it unfolded. It's even better than I had remembered.

Disney + has fixed the previous issues of Spider-Man: tas episode listing and season entries. It is now in the correct format and title of release. Season 1 to 5

What fixes did they need and what fixes could they have made?

Also, the biggest fix was never finding Mary Jane at at the end after all the Spider-verse and Secret Wars stuff. So will they fix that?

What fixes did they need and what fixes could they have made?

Also, the biggest fix was never finding Mary Jane at at the end after all the Spider-verse and Secret Wars stuff. So will they fix that?

A lot of the episodes were listed out of order, particularly in the first season. So when it was first reported the show was taken down, people were speculating that was the reason.

So still no proper conclusion to the series, and Mary Jane remains a clone?

So still no proper conclusion to the series, and Mary Jane remains a clone?
No...and I probably wouldn't expect one either. Maybe a comic continuation but I wouldn't expect a revival of the show.

The ending was open-ended rather than definite complete conclusion but I think still conclusive enough, I think the show establishes and supports well enough from both before and with the clone that the real Mary Jane does love Peter and will accept him and they will also end up happily together.

No...and I probably wouldn't expect one either. Maybe a comic continuation but I wouldn't expect a revival of the show.
I wish Marvel would do stuff like that for either this show or Unlimited. DC's always putting out comics based on their long-out-of-production animated series (just announced a JL series last week).

... one thing that I’ve always wondered about this show is how the Green Goblin would always tell the world about being affiliated with Norman Osborn, and Kingpin never sent people out to end Norman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"