Stand-Alone Movies Stand Alone & Spin-Off Star Wars movies...what would you like to see get made?

I would love to see a Star Wars trilogy based on the Old Republic with Darth Revan and Darth Malgus from Disney

That would be great, as long as they embraced a new look for that older era like The Clone Wars's Darth Bane did, instead of making the SW's technology static like the Old Republic video games did.

I'd like to see a Poe Dameron stand alone.
and
I would like to see a storm trooper stand alone.

Obi-Wan lends himself for multiple possibilities, i would actualy like to one day see a Qui-Gon/ Obi-Wan film that can serve as a proper prelude to the main saga. Seems like there are many things from the Prequels that aren't quite clear yet, even with the tv shows helping them, and could be neat to see the 1920s inspired designs from the Prequels done by someone better than Lucas.

Here's an Obi-Wan idea:

Have another film take place between the Prequels and OT. Bring back Macgregor as Obi-Wan. Have Temeura Morrison play an aged, bitter ex- Commander Cody. And have either Ray Park or Sam Witwer play Maul.

Have the whole story play as a kind of jidaigeki and western fusion, with a major theme being how all these characters were playing major, world shattering roles in the affairs of the Galaxy, and now they've all outlived their original purpose. Obi-Wan can't defend the Republic because it doesn't exist, and old Cody is of no use to the Empire without the Clone Wars, and Maul can never be a public force in the Galaxy again because Vader and Palpatine will put him down. So all three have a kind of tired and weary way about them, like those old gunfighters in westerns or the samurai who wound up impoverished after the Sengoku period.

But they've all got something to live for still. Kenobi is watching over Luke and harboring dreams of seeing the son rectify his father's mistakes, Maul is still dreaming of final revenge on the man who maimed him, and Cody is hunting Maul for the deaths of some of his brothers during the Clone Wars. But all three have a flaw in their dreams; Kenobi isn't wanted around by Luke's guardians, Maul tried to have revenge on Kenobi but the Jedi shook it off so he's not even sure he can get true revenge, and Cody is fast approaching an early grave and must live with the turmoil of whether or not carrying out Order 66 helped or hurt the Galaxy.

Picture the kind of character drama where lightsabers aren't used until the last battle to keep their cover down, Maul leads a small band of Mandalorian speeder bikers, like the gangs in the westerns, to try and finally run Obi-Wan down, while Cody, now discarded and desperate and despairing, obsessively follows him, and Obi-Wan trying to save lives and be a hero while still staying quiet enough the Empire doesn't notice. Picture Kenobi and Cody teaming up, but with Cody struggling with the lies he's used to justify Order 66 and the Empire to himself while talking to a man the Empire still wants dead. And picture two tired, weary and run down warriors aiming for a final showdown that calls back to their glory days.

How's that strike you?

Okay, here's a Mandalorian/Jedi team up film with this as the first sentence of the opening crawl : "The Sith rule the Galaxy!"

Set roughly 2,000 to 1,000 years ago, we open on a Galaxy where Sith Kingdoms rule the vast majority of the Galaxy, with only a tiny pocket of free worlds and a few unconquered territories standing apart. Throughout the film, a theme of the film is the attempt by the unconquered to form or reform the Galactic Republic with Jedi Knights as their defenders, and the Sith Kingdom's constant infighting clearly leaving them vulnerable to such a plan.

On a planet on the frontier of explored space, a battle is raging. This planet was originally in the middle of a space faring revolution when a Sith Foraging Party arrived to literally strip the planet of all resources; they use a variation on the World Devastators from Dark Empire to rip nutrients, minerals, metals and anything that could be used as a war or luxury resource. It is established the Sith are doing this across the Galaxy, and wiping out whole planets and leaving ashen husks behind, as well as establishing that the position is so discounted by the leaders of the various Sith factions that they send rejects and fallen warriors to oversee these Devastations.

The main conflict breaks down like so: the planet's inhabitants banded together to try and survive/escape/overthrow their oppressors. They managed to hire a mercenary army of Mandalorians, one of the other factions maintaining independence in the Galaxy, to defend them, but after a decade of brutal warfare, mutinies, desertions, and defections, only a small band of them are left. In desperation, the remaining Mandalorians seek help from the Jedi Order. One Knight arrives. They end up deciding to train one force sensitive Mandalorian and a native to be Jedi, because the Sith in charge break down as one debauched drunkard of a Sith Lord, his favorite apprentice, and three enslaved Sith warriors he uses and abuses.

The main selling point of the film would be watching jet pack equipped Jedi and Mandalorians bring a fight to a suborbital, upper atmosphere base for the Sith, and watching how the two new Jedi Apprentices struggle with their own problems, and watching the Sith kill each other until finally only one of the Sith slaves escapes with the remaining Sith military forces. His name? Bane.

I want to see the "ruins of the Death Star" idea they played with for TFA. Think Indiana Jones in the SW universe.

I still want a film that takes place 10,000 to 20,000 years before the 7 movies we have now that explores the Jedi/Sith. Or something along the lines of the Jedi/Sith just coming into existence. Imagine the Jedi making the Jedi Temple on an unfinished Coruscant planet?

I think there's so much they could explore from back then and give people a better idea of the Jedi/Sith mythos.

Here's an idea; make a movie about the Battle of Jakku, but entirely from the Imperial perspective, following a ship commander in the wake of Endor gradually realizing the Empire's going to lose and is also evil.

I think it's important that each spinoff offers enough of a unique experience or selling point, and that they don't just go over similar territory.

-So Rogue One looks to be a war/heist movie with a darker tone, perhaps featuring the numerous Rebel ships more than the OT/TFA got a chance to. Also, initial rumors had this involving bounty hunters. Still the case? I imagine Vader will be a big selling point as well.

-Young Han Solo looks to be lighter fare, perhaps dealing with smugglers, the seedy underworld, etc. Chewie and Lando could imaginably have roles.

-Boba Fett. I imagine this could have been replaced or evolved into one of the other movies, since bounty hunters seem like possible common territory with both. But if not, a bounty hunter film would be awesome.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi. I agree with the suggestions of a low-key western/Samurai flavor. Enough of a draw though? You could also have some flashbacks to his childhood.

-Young Palpatine & Plageius. Two Sith as the main characters is new. New time period we haven't seen would allow for new ships, etc.

-Old Republic. Ditto regarding the benefit of a new time period.

-The period of the first Jedi, perhaps involving Snoke, the first Sith, the invention of lightsabers, etc.

I also just noticed, while the episodes are moving forward in time, wouldn't it be cool for the spinoffs to go in the opposite direction?

Last edited:
How about not as many spin off movies,. and give us a live action Tv Series? Give me a show of Kenobis experiences after ROTS on tattooine anyday over a movie.

-Old Republic. Ditto regarding the benefit of a new time period.

More archaic technology and the oportunity to get bolder with a brand new look. It would be the "civilized age" where blasters wouldn't be as common and lightsabers might not be as advanced, or even completely created. Would also open up the possibilities of being more "epic", with armies of Jedi clashing against armies of Mandalore and Sith warriors.

I loved the trailers for The Old Republic MMORPG; but if Disney revisits that universe, i frankly hope they don't try emulating that look, with the technology being way too advanced and the Force users making the feats in the original trilogy look like children's games.

More archaic technology and the oportunity to get bolder with a brand new look. It would be the "civilized age" where blasters wouldn't be as common and lightsabers might not be as advanced, or even completely created. Would also open up the possibilities of being more "epic", with armies of Jedi clashing against armies of Mandalore and Sith warriors.

I loved the trailers for The Old Republic MMORPG; but if Disney revisits that universe, i frankly hope they don't try emulating that look, with the technology being way too advanced and the Force users making the feats in the original trilogy look like children's games.

why?

[YT]1ToztqqDcaY[/YT]

Firing force balls that even destroy rocks, while still not getting long standing damages from it. That bit seemed like it came directly from Dragon Ball.

Though i gotta say that the power levels weren't as bad as i remembered, most of the fights actualy made sense inside the present SW universe. The Force Unleashed was way more exagerated. I guess my main problem with TOR is still the technology, with the velocity people can forget about the Jedi and the Republic can change into the Empire.

Concepts like the hundred-year darkness also make more sense in a SW universe without hyperspace travel, had the universe been static then, that conflict makes the clone wars and the war with the Empire look like smaller conflicts, as they took much less time.

-Origns: First jedi and sith.
-The Old republic: Mandalorian wars.
And the Old republic: Jedi vs Sith empire.
:hmr:

-Origns: First jedi and sith.
-The Old republic: Mandalorian wars.
And the Old republic: Jedi vs Sith empire.
:hmr:

Does it realy need to be called empire? That makes Palpatine's Galactic Empire seem even more obvious.

Does it realy need to be called empire? That makes Palpatine's Galactic Empire seem even more obvious.
There's many empire, this word isn't necessary link to sith.

Well it does make sense that Palpatine was bringing about the summation of a Sith empire, brining their status back to the glory days of old.

Poe deserves one. Maybe a lead up to why he was sent to recover the map and how they knew it was on Jakku.

There needs to be one explaining how Anakin's lightsaber made it to Maz Kanata. TBH they pretty much stated it was coming with Maz's comment about it being an interesting story for another time.

Old Republic really seems like it would be an interesting idea. Focus on the ancient Jedi in the temple that Luke (should) go looking for in VIII.

Poe deserves one. Maybe a lead up to why he was sent to recover the map and how they knew it was on Jakku.

Poe gets the assignment from Leia in "Before the Awakening".

A Darth Plagueis/Darth Sidious origin story would be my wet dream. :hmr:

The Old Republic era for the next trilogy of Star Wars movies would be great. My favorite stories come from the TOR era.

a Darth Bane movie would be amazing.

Heck, I'd just like to see maybe an animated movie about Bane. Darth Revan and Darth Bane were nearly in the Clone Wars, but Lucas scrapped it last minute... :(

[YT]1ToztqqDcaY[/YT]

Firing force balls that even destroy rocks, while still not getting long standing damages from it. That bit seemed like it came directly from Dragon Ball.

Though i gotta say that the power levels weren't as bad as i remembered, most of the fights actualy made sense inside the present SW universe. The Force Unleashed was way more exagerated. I guess my main problem with TOR is still the technology, with the velocity people can forget about the Jedi and the Republic can change into the Empire.

Concepts like the hundred-year darkness also make more sense in a SW universe without hyperspace travel, had the universe been static then, that conflict makes the clone wars and the war with the Empire look like smaller conflicts, as they took much less time.

Give me some lightsabers connected to a battery pack with a cord. Yeah thats'w my issue with TOR too. The very first game got it right visually (when it wasn't so directly influenced by the Prequels and dare I say, fandom) then it got so high tech that it started to make no sense. TOR started to look like it took place a day before The Phantom Menace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"