Stand-Alone Movies BOBA FETT and Young HAN SOLO Spin-Offs Being Planned?

BookCon recently released some info on future Star Wars comics from Marvel, including Lando's own series, and Shattered Galaxy, the series that takes place in between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

But here's an interesting respond from from Marvel about a potential Boba Fett comic book series:

Asked about a Boba Fett series. 'Not yet. There are reasons' #BookCon

https://twitter.com/stitchkingdom/status/604698309941411840

Hmm. Interesting.

I'm a Favreau fan, would love to see him get an Anthology film. Also that makes it seem like they're combining the Boba and young Han ideas. I think it works better this way.

I'm a Favreau fan, would love to see him get an Anthology film. Also that makes it seem like they're combining the Boba and young Han ideas. I think it works better this way.

Vaughn has already helmed First Class which had a similar production involving the consolidation of two premises, Origins: Magneto and First Class. I know a lot of people have recently come out opposing his style, but really he has a proven record of success and a knack for making wonderful stories about scum and scoundrels like Solo and Fett. If this is true, he's got my vote!

Boba Fett is coming, probably 2020.

http://**************.net/2015/08/k...uch-lets-us-know-boba-fett-is-a-2020-release/

Maybe they should combine the Boba Fett and Han Solo movies into one film. Return of the Jedi implied that these 2 characters have crossed paths before and this movie should be about their mysterious rivalry.

Rumor Patrol: Michael B. Jordan Wanted for Boba Fett Solo Movie

http://screenrant.com/michael-b-jordan-boba-fett-star-wars-rumor

TheWrap reporter Jeff Sneider recently took to his Meet the Movie Press podcast (via /Film) to reveal the latest rumor that Disney and Lucasfilm are interested in Creed actor Michael B. Jordan for the role of Boba Fett in the eventual spinoff. As Sneider himself suggests, it’s still too early in the process to definitively say anything about Jordan and the role, but it could still offer some insight into what type of actors they are looking at to take over as Boba Fett.

is-it-me.png

It's best not to think about the Boba Fett movie right now, since we've haven't reached Episode 7 yet.

Probably bollocks. Honestly the best thing to do is get Manu Bennett and make a Dredd style film where he keeps his helmet on.

Considering the last rumor on the Fett movie, also with what Aftermath sort of set ups, I can see them trying to get Jordan. Though, we are not likely to get any confirmation till after IX starts up production.

Probably bollocks. Honestly the best thing to do is get Manu Bennett and make a Dredd style film where he keeps his helmet on.

Yeah, I'd prefer if they kept Boba as Maori. Hell I wouldn't even mind if Temura Morrison returned to the role under a half decent director who could bring out his Once Were Warriors talent.

this is stupid

just get the actor that played Jango Fett to play Boba Fett. he's suppose to be a clone, remember that Disney?

or as someone suggested, get someone that's not a big name actor who would be under the helmet the entire movie

Considering the last rumor on the Fett movie, also with what Aftermath sort of set ups, I can see them trying to get Jordan. Though, we are not likely to get any confirmation till after IX starts up production.

What happened in Aftermath?

What happened in Aftermath?

Pretty much just the armor is found. Pitted with acid. No mention of the owner. So, you could end up with a Jodo Cast kind of situation. Or, like the original rumors, Boba Fett essentially becoming a name others take up.

Honestly I'd be fine with a different character taking up the mantle. Bringing Boba back from the dead in the old EU was always iffy.

It's one of those things where I think Lucasfilm jumped at the chance of delaying the Boba movie because it's such a big task, that will change his legacy (once again).

No matter if they chose to change the mantle before the OT, or after, it's still a big decision.

Let's say if they wanted to change the mantel of Boba before the OT, I would suggest this:

Get a cypher character. Like a character who wants to kill Boba Fett for kiling his/her parents due to a bounty, okay?

When our hero finally catches up to Boba, he/she almost gets killed but is saved by the actual Boba Fett (unmasked). From there, the real Fett can tell his side of the story on why this other guy has his gear and ship, and grows closer to our hero. Why? Because the hero reminds Real Fett of himself and how vengeance isn't the way to go.

That way, you have a way to include T. Morrison, and have him end his arc as a more noble type character, and then leave the imposter Boba a mystery.

I want Temeura Morrison back. "AFTERMATH" doesn't state whether or not Boba Fett is dead or alive, and if he is alive, whoever has his armor is not going to be alive much longer.

I want Boba to be alive so that I can witness a movie about his drunken shame over the fact that he was defeated by a blind guy aimlessly flailing around

I want Boba to be alive so that I can witness a movie about his drunken shame over the fact that he was defeated by a blind guy aimlessly flailing around

[YT]mo10xiHvR_c[/YT]

My personal canon.

Boba Fett as the protagonist seems increasingly unlikely, unless the movie is like Pulp Fiction. The Story Group doesn't seem to be interested in making him the hero in the film. In Star Wars #5, they approved of the darkest portrayal of the character that has ever been shown in the comics. He's clearly willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

But that's fine. A Kyle Katarn or Dash Rendar-type character could be the protagonist. According to one rumor:

after ROTJ, Luke trained 2 apprentices before TFA.

If Boba survived the Sarlaac, which he apparently did (his armor didn't just walk out of the pit on it's own. See "Star Wars: Aftermath"), what would his priority be? The plot and the setting will depend on what's established in TFA and the comics. There's a 30 year gap to work with.

Oh and Manu Bennett as Boba Fett....

tumblr_nn0aasfWqp1r91o39o1_500.jpg

The Michael B Jordan rumor is false.

http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/news/fett-fact-check/spin-off-film/

Protagonist =/= hero. He can be the protagonist and a bad person.

Protagonist =/= hero. He can be the protagonist and a bad person.

Sure, in a Quentin Tarantino movie, for example. I'm all for it, but this is a Disney film, so they will probably want the audience to root for the good guy. And as in most movies, an unofficial requirement is that there be a positive message in there somewhere. That said, in the comics, the Story Group did approve of Boba Fett executing a teenager, so who knows what they will actually do.

Last edited:
The whole, "its a Disney" movie is getting real, real old. Why do people not realize just what kind of movies have been released under their watch. People also seem to be giving the Story Group more power than what they have. I mean, the Darth Vader comic is a pretty good blueprint on how to do a story with a villain.

Kennedy seems pretty certain that the Anthologies are not the Trilogies, and will be the place more more experimentation in the Star Wars universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"