Solo The Scoundrel - Alden Ehrenreich is Han Solo

Philip Lord said:
The person who got the part [of Han] was the first person to audition... Alden Ehrenreich!

https://twitter.com/StarWarsUK/status/754687896272142336

StarWarsUK said:
Alden Ehrenreich aka Han Solo is onstage now! #FutureFilmaker panel #SWCE

https://twitter.com/StarWarsUK/status/754688098710196224

Alden Ehrenreich said:
I screen tested with Chewbacca – I'd never acted with a Wookiee!

https://twitter.com/StarWarsUK/status/754688506232987648

A little bugged the guy the cast looks 4-6" shorter than Harrison Ford compared to the other actors.

With that hairstyle he actually resembles a young Ford.

Well, he doesn't bear even the slightest resemblance to Ford but hopefully he'll work out anyway.

I have to disagree there, watching that panel yesterday, he really does resemble Ford more than I originally thought.

plus the guy is charming af. Was basically the only noteworthy part of Hail, Caesar!

He looked a lot better yesterday then anytime I saw him before. I could see some Han there.

StarWars.com - Exclusive Chat with Alden Ehrenreich and Details on Rogue One's Space Monkey | The Star Wars Show

I'm watching Hail Caesar now and he definitely has a lot of facial similarity to Ford. Especially his mouth/lips. I think he is gonna be great. He has that Han Solo feel about him. I'm really confident in this choice now.

I really hope he studies the hell out of the old trilogy. I want his mannerisms to resemble Ford as much as possible.

That's exactly what I don't want him to do. He should make the character his own.

Yeah, he should really look at the core element of the character, but more-so through the script and let that guide him not necessarily the other films. Because then you just get a total cheesy impersonation.

That's why I'm so happy Kasdan wrote this script because he gets Han better than anyone. So if he uses that as his guide and creates what he needs to and not just copy Harrison.

I don't think a young Solo trilogy is a good idea. The passage of time could put it precariously close to the OT, where Ehrenreich is just not compatible with Ford as the character. You could never do a film within that time frame.

3 Han Solo movies?!

Should just focus on getting the first one right

I don't think a young Solo trilogy is a good idea. The passage of time could put it precariously close to the OT, where Ehrenreich is just not compatible with Ford as the character. You could never do a film within that time frame.

There is no where that makes it go that far forward. If they even do them it may just follow him still in the earlier days.

3 Han Solo movies?!

Should just focus on getting the first one right

They are, there is nothing solid on them yet. Though it seems some are blown away with the first one's script. But it's clear they are going to wait and see.

Ford was 35 when ANH came out. Ehrehreich is mid-20s now, but can probably pass for a bit younger, let's say early 20s. If they do in fact do a trilogy, and in reasonably quick succession, and provided he doesn't age terribly, I think you can end the trilogy with a fair amount of time before A New Hope begins.

I like the guy from what I've seen, he should do fine.

He's fine as an actor, but I don't get what says Harrison Ford or Han Solo about him.

Rather have Harrison Ford back and just CGI him to look his younger self

Hell, they did it to Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One

Rather have Harrison Ford back and just CGI him to look his younger self

Hell, they did it to Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One

We're probably likelier to see a Jar Jar Binks spinoff than for Ford to come back for any Star Wars film. I think he's done with the character. He finally got them to kill him off and he said he wants nothing to do with the Han Solo film.

[YT]GFRenCQ5D3U[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"