Stand-Alone Movies Lord & Miller's Young Han Solo Movie

Edgerton is 26, Raynor is 24 and Ehrenreich 26. None of them are 30.

It's still hard to picture any of them directly evolving physically into Ford in SW:ANH though.

The thing is a bit weird as it's not a reboot of the character but a direct prequel to a character who wasn't that old when people first saw him.

These prequels have more leeway when the actor who first played the role, did it at an older age.

It's still hard to picture any of them directly evolving physically into Ford in SW:ANH though.

The thing is a bit weird as it's not a reboot of the character but a direct prequel to a character who wasn't that old when people first saw him.

These prequels have more leeway when the actor who first played the role, did it at an older age.
I care more about getting the character's attitude right than the looks. They aren't going to find a clone of Ford who can carry a big film.

Sorry guys that impressionist doesn't count. Disney would have snapped him up if he were even half good enough.

I'm rooting for Jenner. He's the only guy who kind of resembles a younger Ford. But not enough where they're trying to go for a clone which is for the best. I can see a coupe of the other ones. Edgerton is fine but he's too good looking. Reynor I'll give a chance to and I haven't seen Unbroken but he doesn't strike me as a guy I'd worry about.

And we gotta remember in this business, some names like that were released earlier are released by the actor's agents for the sake of exposure and circulation in the trades and business so they stay relevant and remain in the conversation. Teller doesn't really stand a chance but after something like FF, his name attached to something like this is better.

Edgerton is who I am pulling for. I would be very happy if he got it.

Last edited:
I care more about getting the character's attitude right than the looks. They aren't going to find a clone of Ford who can carry a big film.

Sorry guys that impressionist doesn't count. Disney would have snapped him up if he were even half good enough.
Exactly. Less about the look, way more about getting the character right.

I like Jack O'Connell for this too. He has an edge to him that the others lack.

I'm rooting for Egerton or Reynor at this point. Ehrenreich just doesn't fit this, imo.

To be honest, I think they're all a little too old, but I'd rather see Egerton get the role. He's got the charisma for it. Reynor was awful in Transformers 4 so I really hope he doesn't get it (though to be fair, nearly everything about that movie was awful).

To be honest, I think they're all a little too old, but I'd rather see Egerton get the role. He's got the charisma for it. Reynor was awful in Transformers 4 so I really hope he doesn't get it (though to be fair, nearly everything about that movie was awful).

How young is he supposed to be, though? Ford was 35 when the first one came out. All three of these guys are in their mid-20s.

Actors can be younger or older than their characters. If the character is in his early 20's it's not a big deal to cast someone in their mid 20's for the role.

Actors can be younger or older than their characters. If the character is in his early 20's it's not a big deal to cast someone in their mid 20's for the role.

I think Ewan McGregor played 3-4 years younger than himself in Episode I and then 3-4 years older than himself in Episode II three years later. lol

The only reason why I'd think they would aim for an actor in his early 20's is that if they want to keep churning out more Han Solo sequels with an actor in his late 20's, they'll reach the same age that Ford was when he filmed ANH sooner rather than later.

everybody-wants-some-trailer.jpg

Surprised there's not more support for Jenner. This is him as the lead in Linklater's new film.

Definitely less rugged than Ford in ANH, but if he's supposed to be younger maybe that's not a bad thing?

We don't know that they didn't :yay:

Of course. It's always the one I don't want from a shortlist, lol.

Nothing against him, I think he's talented and loved him Hail Caesar, but I just don't think he's right for it. Oh well, if does get cast, I'll do my best to give him the benefit of the doubt, as I do have faith in Lord and Miller.

Yeah I don't particularly get it as a laywoman (if he is cast) but he auditioned for it so I'll trust the people making the decision because I didn't see the audition. If they think" hey this is the best guy for the job" then maybe he is? Who knows?

I know I don't say this often, but bless you, Sawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"