Solo Donald Glover IS Lando Calrissian

JUCH0mJ.gif

But seriously, Donald Glover's Lando is the main thing I'm looking forward to in this movie.

Well played! :funny:

Words cannot express how much I wish Donald Glover was leading in a Lando Calrissian film instead. He's the bright spot in an otherwise dull looking film to me. I hope he's great in it regardless.

If this were to really take off with him knocking it out the park, then who knows.

We got to see more of Glover as Lando in the new trailer, and he seems to be nailing it!!

Teddy Perkins should totally cameo.

Yeah I liked Glover's vibe with those lines.

Surprised no one is mentioning this, but in high visibility for this movie, Donald Glover is blowing up in a huge way this week. His new music video as Childish Gambino is a kind of masterpiece about the state of our culture and need for constant distraction (looks around being on a forum for superhero movies to talk about Star Wars movies hmmm...) and the objectification of blackness.

ANYWAY... I feel like the video is such a hit that it legit is going to give this movie even more attention, which is weird to say. So another point for Glover being cast as Lando.

Eh, don't really give a crap about the guy's hippity-hops shiz. He's rockin' it as Lando though.

Watch "This is America." I highly recommend it and would post it here, save for the language and violence in it would violate Hype rules.

*Shrugs* I doubt they'll mention that in-movie though, it'll probably be like Dern's character in TLJ, where you can take it that way if you want to but unless it's pointed out to you it's not something you'd notice.

With Lando, meh, doesn't bother me at all. Feels a little random, but go for it.

Well...
as the article is stating it, there's a line in Solo, which is not so subtle, where L3 says that Lando has love feeling for her (it?), but she doesn't feel the same. Then Q'ira asks: "But... how does it work?". L3 responds along the lines of: "oh, it works... It works."
That cracked up a few laughs in the theater.

So even if it's not fully explicit nor subtle, we can easily assume that he's had sexual relationship with a droid before. And that she's had some with a human.

A bit random yeah, but I thought this was handled with taste though.

Let's just say the Empire as a new AT-AT that was born with a 'fro.

I thought Glover's portrayal of Lando was the worst part of an otherwise okay film.

Glover as Lando was, unsurprisingly, a highlight of the movie. Can't wait to see what they have planned next for the character.

Glover absolutely nailed it as Lando.

I was seeing Billy Dee at times.

Probably best part of the film for me too. I liked much of the film, but this guy ****ing sold me on it. I was like, OMG! Lando as a quippy young lad! All the *****es love him! YES!

Lando: A Star Wars Story PLEASE!

Will be a shame if we don’t see him again as Lando.

Disney, creative and imaginative as ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"