Donald Glover bringing DEADPOOL adult animated series to FXX!

-JKR-

Superhero
Reaction score
FXX Orders Adult Animated Comedy The Untitled Marvel's Deadpool Series from Marvel Television and FXP

FXX orders ten episodes of the first season which is scheduled to debut in 2018

FXX has placed a series order with Marvel Television and FX Productions for the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series, an animated adult action-comedy TV series adaptation of the hit Marvel character Deadpool, it was announced jointly today by Eric Schrier and Nick Grad, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions, and Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television.

Atlanta creator and Golden Globe® Award Winner Donald Glover and Stephen Glover will serve as Showrunners, Executive Producers and Writers of the series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are Executive Producers. The untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series is produced by Marvel Television in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios for FXX, which has ordered ten episodes for season one.

“Donald Glover is an incredibly gifted and versatile artist who’ll bring the untitled Marvel’s Deadpool series to life with the same intense, singular vision as his breakout hit Atlanta,” said Nick Grad. “With the success of Legion, we’re looking forward to again partnering with Marvel Television to create a series that is bold, striking and entirely original.”
Jeph Loeb added, “How much more fun could this be? Deadpool, Donald and FX – the perfect fit for the Merc with the Mouth! We’re thrilled that our relationship with FX that started with Legion continues with what is sure to be a groundbreaking show in adult animation.”

Since his debut in 1991, Deadpool has grown to become one of Marvel’s most popular characters thanks to his unique blend of humor and over-the-top action. With a rabid following of fans from across the globe, he currently stars in a variety of best-selling titles from Marvel Comics.
Donald Glover is the creator, executive producer, writer and star of Atlanta, which was the most critically acclaimed comedy series of 2016, basic cable’s most-watched new comedy in three years and the highest-rated comedy in FX Networks’ history. Glover himself won the Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice Awards and the show took home the awards for: Golden Globe, AFI, Peabody, and WGA and received DGA and NAACP nominations. Season two of Atlanta is tentatively scheduled to debut in early 2018 on FX.

Upcoming for Glover includes Jon Watts’ Spider-Man: Homecoming, Han Solo and Jon Favreau’s The Lion King. Glover is known for his success under the stage name “Childish Gambino.” He released his first album, Camp, in 2011. His second album, Because the Internet, was nominated for two Grammy Awards and generated the hit song “3005.” His most recent album, Awaken, My Love!, was released in December 2016, debuted #1 on the R&B Albums Chart and is his highest-charting album.

Stephen Glover is a staff writer on FX’s award-winning series Atlanta, writing four episodes of the series ten-episode first season. In addition to script writing, he also wrote music and lyrics for the show with Donald Glover. Along with writing for television, he also has experience writing for stand-up comedians. Glover also works in music as an accomplished songwriter and performer.

Donald Glover is repped by Dianne McGunigle of MGMT Entertainment, WME and Lev Ginsburg. Stephen Glover is represented by WME and Lev Ginsburg.
https://news.marvel.com/tv/64951/fx...arvels-deadpool-series-marvel-television-fxp/

:mnm:

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!

With Donald Glover running the show this could be something truly amazing, and it's ironic how Atlanta's Zazie Beetz is playing Domino in Deadpool 2 and now Atlanta's creator and star Donald Glover is bringing the character to the small screen in animated form. I'd love it if the art style vaguely remembers Ed McGuinness' art from the comics.

Nolan North for Wade Wilson, Xmen, X force characters to appear, maybe. I don't mind if it looks like that Archer show, visually.

One to keep and eye out for, for sure.

Nolan North for Wade Wilson, Xmen, X force characters to appear, maybe. I don't mind if it looks like that Archer show, visually.

Wouldn't be against that but who knows, maybe someone else is more fitting for Donald Glover's take on the character.

The Deadpool animated series is a co-production between Marvel Television and FX Productions (which is a Fox company), so theoretically pretty much everyone from the Marvel universe could make an appearance in it.

And as much as I love Archer, I think that Deadpool needs a slightly more dynamic animation and visual style.

I am concerned about Atlanta now.

Now it's really on hiatus.

This is the best news I've heard all week. An adult animated Deadpool cartoon being led by Donald Glover has amazing chances to be great.

Now it's really on hiatus.

It's not.
Seems like this Deadpool show has been in development for almost a year, and is currently being written in London, where Glover is filming 'Han Solo.'
In the meantime 'Atlanta' season 2 has already been written and will go into production once he's done with the 'Star Wars' spin-off.

Noah Hawley didn't put 'Fargo' on hiatus to work on 'Legion.' This shorter 10-episode format allows showrunners to juggle different projects.

if this is true! i cannot wait to see what Donald will come up with!
this made my day!

So is this still going to be a thing?

Please let this show be good...

Legion and Gifted turned out well so I really hope the Fox/Marvel TV connection goes 3 for 3.

Well this is interesting. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Aloha,
I've always said that the way to introduce the Marvel lineup is through animation. Even adult-themed animation helps to make the character more relatable to more people.Adult themed Deadpool cartoon- sounds obvious on face value. Looking forward to seeing it.
Spidey rules
Long Live the King of Wakanda

Atlanta staff writer Stefani Robinson dropped a few precious hints in conversation with ComicBook.com about another project she’s working on with Donald Glover: FX’s Deadpool animated series.

“I think expect just more of the Atlanta writers room type of specificity, if that makes sense,” Robinson said of the approach to the Merc With a Mouth’s forthcoming series, noting that the show will have its own distinct approach and style, set somewhat apart from the comic book or film series.

“I believe that we sort of attacked it at an angle that was very true to us and made sense to us, and I don't think we took many cues from the movie or what the general public knows about Deadpool,” Robinson added. “I think we sort of lean into the comic books. We're like, ‘This is how we interpret this person, and this character, this superhero, this anti-hero, whatever,’ and sort of made that apply to what we love in TV in our lives.”

“I loved the Deadpool character because he can't die!” Robinson said of her fondness for Wade Wilson. “I mean, for all intents and purposes, I think that he is like God in a way. It's sort of fun to play with a character who can do anything, basically, and really get into the mentality of someone who is bored with life, who doesn't feel any stakes, doesn't feel any danger, and is like, ‘OK – This is just kind of my life, and what do I do with being someone who exists on a superior platform than everybody else?’ What would you do if you lived forever, couldn't die?"

For his part, Donald Glover seemed to be on the same page when he spoke with PopCulture.com earlier this month. When asked about his goals for the upcoming series, he was rather direct.

"That it's funny," Glover said. "That one it just seems really easy. There's not as much to hold sacred, in a weird way. I know people love Deadpool and I know people are big comic book geeks, but it's not the same as Lando or Atlanta, where you have a whole city on your back. Deadpool is very aware of himself, so, I don't have to live up to anything. So it's been actually, quite easy."

The animated series is scheduled to debut this May on FX. Brothers Donald and Stephen Glover serve as showrunners, writers, and executive producers, while Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory are also executive producers. Robinson serves as a writer and producer on the show.

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/02/22/interview-deadpool-stefani-robinson/

Well, never mind.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/deadpool-donald-glover-animated-series-fx-1202735795/

FX, Donald Glover, and Marvel TV Part Ways on ‘Deadpool’ Animated Series

FX, Donald Glover and Marvel Television have all parted ways on plans to produce a “Deadpool” animated series.

The project was announced last May with a 10-episode order for the FXX channel. Glover was to have created the show with his brother, Stephen Glover. Those two are already collaborators on the much-praised FX series “Atlanta.”

FX confirmed the split on Saturday and noted that it remains in business with Marvel TV on the Noah Hawley drama “Legion,” which returns for its second season on April 2. FX cited “creative differences” as its reason for bowing out of “Deadpool.”

“Due to creative differences, FX, Donald Glover, Stephen Glover and Marvel Television have agreed to part ways on Marvel’s ‘Deadpool’ animated series, FX will no longer be involved with the project,” FX said. “FX and Marvel have an ongoing relationship through our partnership on ‘Legion,’ which will continue.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"