• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Star Wars Live Action Series

Joe Chill

Spare Change?
Reaction score
I am surprised that there is not a thread for this TV series on here yet. I know the series is not due to release until next year but why not get the ball rolling in discussion. The series is set to take place between Episode III and IV and each episode will be an hour long. I am predicting this series will be the most watched television show ever. M*A*S*H will have nothing on this.

Do we even know any details about this other than the time frame?

nope, nothing to talk about, just like the last million threads

we know it will contain no main star wars characters. There isn't much to say I'd guess until lucasfilm get the clone wars out of the way

They should of a made a live action series around the time before episode 1. They could of had a story about how darth maul became who he is and got tattoo's to learn to ignore pain.

we know it will contain no main star wars characters. There isn't much to say I'd guess until lucasfilm get the clone wars out of the way

Actually according to IMDb Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) will be in it and Daniel Logan is rumored to play Boba Fett.

I cant see this happening before 2010-2012...

"A teaser image shown at Toy Fair 2007 features a close-up of Boba Fett's helmet."

Does anyone have this picture?

They should of a made a live action series around the time before episode 1. They could of had a story about how darth maul became who he is and got tattoo's to learn to ignore pain.

To see a back story on Maul in live action would be awesome.

I'm actually not that interested in either the Clone Wars cartoon or the live-action series. I wish they'd explore one of the other eras that aren't so well documented.

Hopefully it will be like The Star Wars Holiday Special.
Classic stuff.

fail.jpg

Actually according to IMDb Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) will be in it and Daniel Logan is rumored to play Boba Fett.

well I'm taking what Lucas said around episode 3 time. They could be in it but it is IMDB and they aren't known for consistant fact.:o

here
Lucas: Well, Clone Wars has got all the characters in it — Yoda and Anakin and Obi Wan and the Emperor and all that — so it's basically the movie. The live-action [series] is not the movie. It's the Star Wars universe, but it's characters from the saga who were [previously] minor, and it follows their stories. It's set between [movie episodes] III and IV, when the Empire has taken over. It's like Episode IV in that the Emperor and Darth Vader are heard about — people talk about them — but you never see them because it doesn't take place where they actually are. There are storm troopers and all that, but there are no Jedi. It's different, but I think it's very exciting because I get to explore a part of that universe that I haven't been able to explore. Once you have a saga, it's got a lot of requirements because it's about a particular [thing] — in this case, Darth Vader — and so it's his story from the time he's 10 to the time he died. You really can't go off that track because that's the story. Whereas now, I can make a left turn on 10th Street and go down there and see what's going on.

I'm actually not that interested in either the Clone Wars cartoon or the live-action series. I wish they'd explore one of the other eras that aren't so well documented.

I get how they are going to focus on Boba Fett for he is a popular character that we have seen very little of in the movies. It will also be easier to create separate adventures for each episode with Fett. What other areas are you thinking of?

Yeah, the Cartoon Network shorts were great. But between those, the movies, and the upcoming Force Unleashed game, I would think the Clone Wars have been pretty well covered by now. I don't need to see every battle that every character participated in.

I get how they are going to focus on Boba Fett for he is a popular character that we have seen very little of in the movies. It will also be easier to create separate adventures for each episode with Fett. What other areas are you thinking of?
I'd really love to see some stuff from the New Jedi Order. If it's a cartoon, they don't have to worry about aging actors and such, and it seems like a really interesting period.

well I'm taking what Lucas said around episode 3 time. They could be in it but it is IMDB and they aren't known for consistant fact.:o

Your right IMDB is not always 100% accurate. On the other hand Star War's two mainstay characters C-3PO and R2-D2 have been included in every show (TV or Theatrical) related to Star Wars since its conception. It is as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow that they will be involved in some way.

Those droids do show up in a lot of places. R2's still functioning 130 years in the future for Legacy.

Yeah, the Cartoon Network shorts were great. But between those, the movies, and the upcoming Force Unleashed game, I would think the Clone Wars have been pretty well covered by now. I don't need to see every battle that every character participated in.

The Clone Wars will have ended at that start of the Live Action TV Series. The series starts after Episode III so no separatist leaders due to Vader. The Empire will be forming and the story line will focus minor characters in the SW Universe such as Fett. If this is the case then I am betting we get to see a good deal of the Black Sun organization for Fett deals with them a lot.

Well, that's pretty cool, actually. I always liked the Black Sun group and wished we got to see more from them.

Here are some other known characters that I speculate will be in the series:

Aurra Sing
Mara Jade
Jabba The Hutt
Dengar
Prince Xizor
Grand Moff Tarkin
Bossk
IG-88
Zuckuss and 4-LOM

I'd like to see a story about the guy that gave to order not to fire on the shuttle that R2D2 & C-3PO were in. I bet he felt pretty stupid when the empire was overthrown because of that. Unless he got blown up in one of the deathstar explosions of course.

Here are some other known characters that I speculate will be in the series:

Aurra Sing
Mara Jade
Jabba The Hutt
Dengar
Prince Xizor
Grand Moff Tarkin
Bossk
IG-88
Zuckuss and 4-LOM

I don't know about Mara Jade being in it. Unless they drop major hints as to why she is important. It would almost just be a nod to EU fans.
I think Jabba may be too big of a character to use as a focus if they don't was 'major' characters. jabba is pretty iconic. I always saw it as people like Luminara (I know they won't have jedi in it). A character that is there in the movies but is in the background basically lineless.

my idea is that they may go around the universe. A character from Naboo to show how the empire affected it. A character from Bespin. A character from Tatooine (here i think is where jabba could get a small role). A character from Alderaan. A character from the coruscant slums...i could go on...

However we really don't know what is in Lucas' head beyond what he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"