Starbreeze's "Project Redlime" speculation thread

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
Starbreeze, the acclaimed developer of the games based on Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness, are working on a top-secret mystery project under EA Games. According to EA, the game will be "a reinvention of a classic EA franchise."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6186473.html

Given that EA doesn't exactly have a barn full of iconic properties, the list of likely candidates to receive such fanfare is relatively short. Given that Starbreeze seems to be quite proficient at making first person games, my first guess would be that they are making a new Medal of Honor game. That wouldn't have me particularly excited since I (and many others) have grown bored of WW2 FPSes, but since it's Starbreeze it could be very good (good enough to take back the crown from Call of Duty, perhaps?)

So, what other EA properties are there that Starbreeze might possibly be tackling? Could it be System Shock 3? Will Wing Commander, after so many years finally take flight again? Or the Desert/Jungle/Soviet/Nuclear Strike series, perhaps? Heck if I know, but it sure is fun to try and guess.

Last edited:
Yea im going with Medal of Honor as well, but whose to say it would remain in WWII? Still tho, if Starbreeze makes a WWII game, itll be worth checking out.

I´ve heard the rumor that it is Syndicate.

On other news, i hope EA, one day, resurrects Wing Commander, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima (the only game that can go head to head with The Elder Scrolls)

Isildur´s Heir;16593305 said:
I´ve heard the rumor that it is Syndicate.

On other news, i hope EA, one day, resurrects Wing Commander, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima (the only game that can go head to head with The Elder Scrolls)

I thought syndicate was a Molyneux/Lionhead thing. Or am i thinking of something completely different.

I voted for System Shock. Not because that's what I truely think, but that's what I hope.

Yea im going with Medal of Honor as well, but whose to say it would remain in WWII? Still tho, if Starbreeze makes a WWII game, itll be worth checking out.

I can't for the life of me remember where I heard this, but I swear I remember reading that the next Medal of Honor game was going to be set in *shocked gasp* modern times.

I personally think it's most likely to be System Shock or MOH, but I voted Wing Commander simply because that's the franchise that I want EA to resurrect the most.

I'd like another System Shock game. The market has long been swamped with WW2 games, and the only ones I've considered worth my money have been the Brothers in Arms. And the Wing Commander series (and pretty much the entire genre of flight games) has never appealed to me

Last edited:
I thought syndicate was a Molyneux/Lionhead thing. Or am i thinking of something completely different.
It was a Molyneux/Bullfrog thing, but, because EA bought Bullfrog back in the days (and closed it, along with Origin and Westwood, reason why EA was called the Evil Empire and hated by all, until now, were Riccitiello is cleaning EA´s name), they have the rights for the Ip now.

Unless the rights still belong to Molyneux, which i doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"