Guardians of the Galaxy Starlord's Pops

Lol, I could have sworn there was a Starhawk choice for the poll.

Probably Starfox, but I'm surprised nobody guessed it was his brother.

If it is indeed Starfox as many think, looking like an angel must run in the family

zIpk8KT.jpg

If Starfox is Star-Lord's father then I wonder if that is who Kurt Russell will be playing

Yeah but why did JG say that Adam Warlock is in that cocoon if hes not even in the 2nd film?

If Peter Quill was Eros' son, and Heather Kamaria was adopted by A'Lars or Thanos, I guess the GotG movies would truly be about family.
vfX9klW.png

An idea i had:

Ok James said Adam Warlock is in the cocoon. So thats why Peter was never taken to his dad. Now in GOTG 2, Adam Warlock will emerge as The Magus and the Guardians will have to fight him. Hence the family drama

An idea i had:

Ok James said Adam Warlock is in the cocoon. So thats why Peter was never taken to his dad. Now in GOTG 2, Adam Warlock will emerge as The Magus and the Guardians will have to fight him. Hence the family drama

Yep, I think it's going to be their Empire Strikes Back, Vader/Luke storyline and all.

An idea i had:

I would be totally down for that. I love me some family dramas (cough Star Wars) lol.

Has anyone proposed the idea of his father being The Champion?

With The Collector being introduced already and The Grandmaster coming in Thor 3, we seem to be getting the Elders of the universe. Why not The Champion as Star Lords dad?

He possessed the power gem in the comics, Star Lord could wield the gem in the film.

Not going off of much more than that but rereading Thanos Quest today, the thought popped into my head.

Plus, Kurt Russell does look a bit like him.

Just read up on the Champion of the Universe, and yes, he does seem to be a viable candidate for Starlord's pops.

The main point being "He is an immortalhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality who claims to have been born billions of years ago", meaning he would meet the "your father's something very ancient" statement Nova Prime made.

Personally, I would much more prefer the idea of it being Star Fox, as the brother of Thanos, but I do have to admit that this idea seems to match pretty well...

And all this time I was thinking that he was Adam Warlock, Starfox or Major Victory.

How exactly did Star Lord's mom get impregnated by a planet?

And all this time I was thinking that he was Adam Warlock, Starfox or Major Victory.

How exactly did Star Lord's mom get impregnated by a planet?
Ego can change his form so turning into a human doesn't sound that hard for him.

Ego can change his form so turning into a human doesn't sound that hard for him.

I love the idea of all of this. I always assumed an on screen portrayal of Ego would be like Pandora from Avatar. A sort of planet with a mind, weather patterns at random times in response to the..visitors. Like a Pandora with self awareness.

It seems Ego will manifest as a man in this movie, as you said. I doubt he will literally shift from planet to man. Maybe, when people visit Ego, he can manifest on his planet as a man; maybe the planet can astral project as a man. IF this is the case, this could be an opportunity to introduce GAIA, if they ever choose to do so.

Ego...

Really?....

Ok, now I'm a little worried...

These other options seemed to make so much more sense. Adam Warlock gets you, well Adam Warlock. Starfox gets you the brother of Thanos. Starhawk would get you, well a cool looking character, kind of.

But Ego? Really?

First, I just can't see how any of the statements regarding Peter's pops in the first movie could apply to Ego, other than the "ancient being" one by NOVA Prime. But 'he looked like an angel' and 'that GUY was a jackarse'...

My guess is that this was not the original plan, no matter what they may tell us. I'm actually wondering if this is a red herring or not as it just seems so unlikely and not, by any means, the best choice.

Still, GOTG1 was so good I still have hope, but I am now just a little bit concerned...

the only relevance i can see between Ego and Quill is that Quill has a big ego. Pretty thin.

Gotta say I was surprised when I heard Quill's dad is Ego, but then I remembered this is a James Gunn movie and I wondered why I didn't at least consider something like this.

A guy named "Ego" being a jackarse isn't hard to imagine. And him having an angelic form all depends on how he is presented when he arrives to earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"