State your unpopular Batman related opinion

I've got batman in my basement is a good TAS episode ,same with tyger tyger (I still think the terrible trio was a meh episode)

I think it's possible to portray villain in a realistic way without making them dark and edgy (like harley,I think it's possible to make her like the 92 one in a realistic setting,simply just make her immature or behaving not seriously and the 92 harley seemed verry human to me too)

And if you want to make your harley quinn redeemable,I don't think she should have fall in the acid or be as bad as the joker .
I liked joker design in the batman show

Batman and his world never ever gets boring because there is an endless supply of stories, different versions, characters,. movies and tv series , games, comics collectables etc.
I can enjoy any version of Batman and get something out of it that I can't with other versions.
I can watch a version that is suitable for me to enjoy with my kids then something much more complex for adults.
There's just an endless ways to experience the character and his world.

I like, to some extent I even prefer, when the Joker is motivated by wanting money.

Batman and his world never ever gets boring because there is an endless supply of stories, different versions, characters,. movies and tv series , games, comics collectables etc.
I can enjoy any version of Batman and get something out of it that I can't with other versions.
I can watch a version that is suitable for me to enjoy with my kids then something much more complex for adults.
There's just an endless ways to experience the character and his world.

So true. It's the most amazing thing about Batman. Endlessly adaptable, extraordinarily prolific form of art. Batman will exist for all time.

1. I'm still waiting for a Live Action Batman as great as Christopher Reeve's Superman or Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man.

2. In an ideal world, Jon Hamm would replace Ben Affleck as DCEU Batman, while Reeves' Batman is self contained.

3. The Bat-Family, overall, isn't that essential of a concept. Robin, specifically Dick Grayson? That's essential. Everyone else? Not really.

4. I would've been perfectly fine not seeing Catwoman or Joker in the Reeves' movies. In fact, that's what I'd prefer.

5. For the most part, Canon Batman isn't psychotic or as mentally disturbed as fans like to make him out to be.

Modern Joker sucks. Ever since TKJ (a Joker with regrets?) and Death In The Family (a Joker who does not even act in any way like the traditional Joker) he has been ruined.

And if you want to make your harley quinn redeemable,I don't think she should have fall in the acid or be as bad as the joker .
I'd like to expand on both of these ;

I always thought it'd be an interesting spin on TKJ to more or less swap Joker's role in it out for Harley. I.E. have her be the one to cripple Barbara (maybe even in an attempt to prove herself to Mistah J as well as prove a point she'd imagine he'd wanna make if he did it, ala trying to do one of Joker's plans to kill Batman in Mad Love) and have Bats try to talk her into rehabilitation.

While I don't think she's as bad as Joker, she's not this perfect lovable little anti hero icon that she's constantly made out to be either. Let's not forget how many horrible schemes she was more than willingly a part of throughout the DCAUverse, for example the abduction/torture of Tim Drake. She needs SOME legitimate dirt on her soul. At the same time, she's also clearly an easier sell for the "sympathetic" angle. At the very least, if Joker is the one to be offered "rehabilitation", he should be smiling it off and saying "nah, wouldn't be very fun for me, and I'm not sorry anyway" instead of looking as if he's pulling back tears and going "oh dear, sorry, no, it's far too late now :csad: "

I'm not fond of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (it's OK), it feels kind of dark and cynical for the sake of being dark and cynical and also, what Batman Returns has been accused of being, in a way that's pretty goofy/campy.

I never felt that about Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, or Batman Returns. My problems with BR are plotting and characterization issues, and RotJ is amazing story progress.

I still love the Batman, it's an animated show I've loved since I first watched it, but that only happened a few years after the series ended. I'm glad we've got a better team-up show that is easier to look more fondly toward instead of a spin-off of that show, but I will always have a special loving spot for the Batman.

Last edited:
Never had a problem with BB:ROTJ.

But when I was a kid, I definitely wasn't as fond of Mask of the Phantasm. I remember feeling it was a bit too dry and bogged down in the romance subplotI. I pretty much always skipped straight to the scenes involving the Joker. Of course, since then I've grown to love the movie and now have a great respect for it.

Never had a problem with BB:ROTJ.

But when I was a kid, I definitely wasn't as fond of Mask of the Phantasm. I remember feeling it was a bit too dry and bogged down in the romance subplotI. I pretty much always skipped straight to the scenes involving the Joker. Of course, since then I've grown to love the movie and now have a great respect for it.
I love both but I actually prefer ROTJ.

Bale's Batman voice is only an issue sometimes and works from an in-universe perspective. Poor choice but doesn't cause any serious problems.

Joel Schumacher was, in theory, a better choice to direct Batman movies than Tim Burton.

Consistency is overrated. I want the way Batman and his supporting characters are written to vary wildly depending on the writer. Don't have to like them all, but the big iconic runs on the character always come from a great writer coming aboard and just treating it like a creator owned comic.

Drake’s transformation in ROTJ and subsequent trauma is more compelling than Jason Todd’s death.

Anne Hathaway was a better Catwoman than Michelle Pfeiffer.

TDKR is a better movie than Batman Begins and only a few notches below TDK. It’s also the best ‘final’ Batman story.

Last edited:
Some of mine:

In relation to his operating within the Justice League, Batman is nigh insufferable when the writers treat him as an infallible Batgod who somehow always saves the day. Having said that, he's also somewhat awkward and pathetic when the writers portray him as an actual human who can't realistically stack up against a group of metahumans. In order for Batman to work well with the Justice League, there's a special sweet spot in-between that needs to be met.

I rank Ledger's Joker about fifth or sixth. I have respect for it as an actual performance and for the craft that went into it, more than anything else. There are other portrayals that I have a lot more love for.

Aaron Eckhart is actually kind of bland as Harvey Dent, and mostly gets by on account of the good characterisation from Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer. Simply on a performance level, he's obviously better than TLJ, but that's still not saying much imo.

Going purely by BvS, Ben Affleck was a far better Bruce Wayne than he was a Batman. The voice modulator was a cheat. Most actors have to lower their vocal pitch to play Batman, but Affleck had to lower his voice just to play Bruce Wayne lol.

Overall, Tim Sale's work on Batman is just not my thing. His artwork conveys exceptionally great atmosphere, but the actual renderings of the characters are not to my tastes.

Val Kilmer is not the blandest Batman, George Clooney is.

I don't rate Damian Wayne much as a Robin. Bruce Wayne as an actual father just feels weird and uncomfortable for me as a reader, too. On that note, I don't have as much interest in the Bat family. Batman as a lone wolf is far more up my street.

I much prefer the 'out there' and bizarre villains (e.g., Mad Hatter, Riddler, the Penguin) to the more grounded and intimate/personal villains, e.g., Ra's and Bane.

In relation to his operating within the Justice League, Batman is nigh insufferable when the writers treat him as an infallible Batgod who somehow always saves the day. Having said that, he's also somewhat awkward and pathetic when the writers portray him as an actual human who can't realistically stack up against a group of metahumans. In order for Batman to work well with the Justice League, there's a special sweet spot in-between that needs to be met.

Overall, Tim Sale's work on Batman is just not my thing. His artwork conveys exceptionally great atmosphere, but the actual renderings of the characters are not to my tastes.

I don't rate Damian Wayne much as a Robin. Bruce Wayne as an actual father just feels weird and uncomfortable for me as a reader, too. On that note, I don't have as much interest in the Bat family. Batman as a lone wolf is far more up my street.
Definitely agree with these four :up:

Anarky in Beware the Batman is high on my list of favorite animated Batman villains. That show was scrapped too soon.
Bale's Batman voice is only an issue sometimes and works from an in-universe perspective. Poor choice but doesn't cause any serious problems.

Joel Schumacher was, in theory, a better choice to direct Batman movies than Tim Burton.

Anne Hathaway was a better Catwoman than Michelle Pfeiffer.

TDKR is a better movie than Batman Begins and only a few notches below TDK. It’s also the best ‘final’ Batman story.
I agree with those except the last one. TDKR is still awesome though, and has some of the best tracks in the franchise.

Some of mine:

I rank Ledger's Joker about fifth or sixth. I have respect for it as an actual performance and for the craft that went into it, more than anything else. There are other portrayals that I have a lot more love for.

Who are the four or five Jokers ranking higher than Ledger? I'm guessing Mark Hamill is number 1.

I disagree with you and @Milk Tray Guy about Clooney being bland, he's my fourth favorite live action Batman after West, Keaton, and Bale.

Who are the four or five Jokers ranking higher than Ledger? I'm guessing Mark Hamill is number 1.

1. Phoenix
2. Nicholson
3. Emerson
4. Hamill

And then Ledger or Larry Storch, depending on my mood. Obviously It's just a matter of preference.

Last edited:
Johnny Torrance? :funny: Is that a genuine mistake or are you jokingly trying to make him sound like a Californian surfer dude? Either way, I like it.

Can't say I care for KMR's Joker though. Or Joe DiMaggio's, for that matter. Both sound too thuggish as the Joker, for my tastes.

Johnny Torrance? :funny: Is that a genuine mistake or are you jokingly trying to make him sound like a Californian surfer dude? Either way, I like it.

Can't say I care for KMR's Joker though. Or Joe DiMaggio's, for that matter. Both sound too thuggish as the Joker, for my tastes.
Glad you liked that line. :funny: :toth
I combine the Jack Torrance and "HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY" quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"