State your unpopular Batman related opinion

Now,Bats is my second favorite hero after Spidey,so I love the character,but I have to admit that one thing I really can't stand about him is how built up he's become over the years. According to some,Batman can beat anyone with enough time to prepare because he's so badass;etc. For an as much training and smarts that he has,he's still just an ordinary man. When you put him against someone like Spider-man,the Hulk or especially Superman I can't see him lasting against the likes of them.

Phoenix is the best live action Joker and the best interpretation a tragic story of someone losing his sanity and a former Circus Party Clown
The Batman world work better when its in the 50s 60s 70s than modern era with not superpowers not Superman
Batman should have money but not being that rich like Tony Stark
i like the Keaton Bruce Wayne, a Wayne who that rarely goes out in public
Batman should be scary like Joker or other of his Villains having a bad mental health too
Dick Grayson is the only Robin that should exist and he become Batman II
not Jim Gordon
Alfred dont raise Batman he is just an employee
if Batman existed in the real world he would have retire. give up or defeated by an enemy multiple Batmans would have existed and multiple Jokers inspired by the originals
The first Batman of Bob Kane and Bill Finger the best version and interpretation of Batman

Last edited:
Here’s one—

I like Nightwing/Dick more than Batman/Bruce.

Nightwing is, like, the perfect fusion of my two other favorite superheroes.

The Dark Knight and Mask of the Phantasm aren't my top two Batman movies, I still prefer the 89 movie to both of them. And in terms of animation my favorite movie is Under the Red Hood, but the comic it's based on is not as engaging.
Batman should have money but not being that rich like Tony Stark
His cars are too expensive, he needs that money.

i like the Keaton Bruce Wayne, a Wayne who that rarely goes out in public

Batman should be scary like Joker or other of his Villains
Yes and yes, for the second bit he should be more frightening to villains than civilians though.

1. Mask of the Phantasm is a good film, but I think it has become overrated. I still rank The Dark Knight, Batman 89, and Batman Begins above it. I think those films are much more ambitious in what they’re attempting to do. Also, no one ever discusses the problems I have with this film. Why does the Phantasm have supernatural powers? How did Batman prove his innocence? How did Batman figure out that Andrea is the Phantasm? What did Andrea do with the Joker? The lack of answers makes the film feel half baked.

2. Mark Hamill’s great as the Joker but how people go overboard praising his performance annoys me. First off, there’s been so many versions of Hamill as the Joker that I have to ask which version people are referring to when they say he’s the GOAT. If you’re talking about The Animated Series I like his character, but I don’t think that version of The Joker feels like a threat until season 4. Prior to that Joker feels neutered thanks to the censors at Fox. Also, I don’t like comparing live action acting to voice acting. Within the arena of voice acting Hamill’s my favorite, trying to compare him to other performances outside of voice acting is where I start to get annoyed.

1. Mask of the Phantasm is a good film, but I think it has become overrated. I still rank The Dark Knight, Batman 89, and Batman Begins above it. I think those films are much more ambitious in what they’re attempting to do. Also, no one ever discusses the problems I have with this film. Why does the Phantasm have supernatural powers? How did Batman prove his innocence? How did Batman figure out that Andrea is the Phantasm? What did Andrea do with the Joker? The lack of answers makes the film feel half baked.

That’s a lot of what my issues with it are. The movie just forgets that Batman being blamed for murder, and he’s being hunted by the cops. And I never did like the way Batman figures out Joker is the killer of Andrea’s father. It just read so silly to me.

Mark Hamill’s great as the Joker but how people go overboard praising his performance annoys me. First off, there’s been so many versions of Hamill as the Joker that I have to ask which version people are referring to when they say he’s the GOAT. If you’re talking about The Animated Series I like his character, but I don’t think that version of The Joker feels like a threat until season 4. Prior to that Joker feels neutered thanks to the censors at Fox. Also, I don’t like comparing live action acting to voice acting. Within the arena of voice acting Hamill’s my favorite, trying to compare him to other performances outside of voice acting is where I start to get annoyed.
I think it’s okay to compare, and I think people just prefer the DCAU Joker as they view that version as the most faithful adaption of the character. But I was always bothered but how they toned down that Joker compared to the comics. In BTAS. For instance, I was rewatching the classic BTAS episode “The Laughing Man” which partially is an adaption of Steve Englehart’s comic and while it was great…I didn’t like how they toned down the character in terms of his effectiveness as a villain. The two people who Joker threatened to kill and ended up successfully ended up killing, both managed to survive in the animated series version as Batman miraculously has an antidote to save them from death. The episode is still great, but I would’ve preferred those guys had been killed to convey just how dangerous Joker is, and increase the stakes. You don’t ways need death to convey stakes but Joker is the type of guy who kind of needs to kill, or else the threat level is diminished somewhat and he’s reduced to just a prankster clown like the Silver age Joker.

Last edited:
1. Mask of the Phantasm is a good film, but I think it has become overrated. I still rank The Dark Knight, Batman 89, and Batman Begins above it. I think those films are much more ambitious in what they’re attempting to do.

I think it's a lot more ambitious and successful (BB is close) especially in mixing Batman's origin with a love story and in having the Joker play a big part late on.

Also, no one ever discusses the problems I have with this film. Why does the Phantasm have supernatural powers?

LOL, I think you've got to just suspend disbelief.

How did Batman prove his innocence?

He didn't and not a big deal.

What did Andrea do with the Joker?

She did kill him within the film itself, that's what's the film did seem to establish and present without showing it, except he's still alive later so he must have escaped.

2. Mark Hamill’s great as the Joker but how people go overboard praising his performance annoys me. First off, there’s been so many versions of Hamill as the Joker that I have to ask which version people are referring to when they say he’s the GOAT. If you’re talking about The Animated Series I like his character, but I don’t think that version of The Joker feels like a threat until season 4. Prior to that Joker feels neutered thanks to the censors at Fox. Also, I don’t like comparing live action acting to voice acting. Within the arena of voice acting Hamill’s my favorite, trying to compare him to other performances outside of voice acting is where I start to get annoyed.

In referencing him I do refer to him mostly in TAS/MotP, despite some restraint he did seem both intensely evil and dangerous.

Live action acting is very different and comparing fairly is kind of hard but still fun.

But I was always bothered but how they toned down that Joker compared to the comics. In BTAS. For instance, I was rewatching the classic BTAS episode “The Laughing Man” which partially is an adaption of Steve Englehart’s comic and while it was great…I didn’t like how they toned down the character in terms of his effectiveness as a villain. The two people who Joker threatened to kill and ended up successfully ended up killing, both managed to survive in the animated series version as Batman miraculously has an antidote to save them from death. The episode is still great, but I would’ve preferred those guys had been killed to convey just how dangerous Joker is, and increase the stakes. You don’t ways need death to convey stakes but Joker is the type of guy who kind of needs to kill, or else the threat level is diminished somewhat and he’s reduced to just a prankster clown like the Silver age Joker.
This is exactly what I’m talking when I mention the censors. The censors at Fox were very strict and this did handicap a character like Joker. In season 4 WB was more lax in terms of what was allowed and what wasn’t which is why Joker was more ruthless in The New Batman Adventures.

Those early Joker episodes are just a reminder to me that TAS was a kids show. I don’t mean that as a negative thing. TAS is my all time favorite animated series and I think in some ways it being censored forced them to be more creative in certain areas. However, with a character like Joker you can tell that they had a hand tied behind their back when dealing with that character.

Last edited:
I was unimpressed with "Prey" overall and its version of Hugo Strange, I thought its themes were pretty basic and flat and not nearly as smart or controversial or thought-provoking as it seemed to think they were.

The early parts of "Venom" were really good but its last half/third also kind of meh-overdone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"