Steve McQueen Biopic in the Works

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51923

Source: Variety
January 14, 2009

Producers Michael Cerenzie and Christine Peters are bringing a Steve McQueen biopic to the big screen. They have acquired the rights to Marshall Terrill's biography "Steve McQueen: Portrait of an American Rebel."

The project will primarily chronicle McQueen's Hollywood career, which began in 1956 when the Indiana native got his break in the film Somebody Up There Likes Me.

Cerenzie and Peters are producing alongside Brian Oliver and Chuck Rock of Arthaus Productions.

The book, which was published in paperback in October, also delves into McQueen's offscreen penchant for motorcycles, fast cars and drugs. Project will examine his three marriages, including his stormy relationship with Ali McGraw, as well as his battle against lung cancer.

A daunting task for whomever takes on the lead role.

Daniel Craig is pretty much a shoe in. I even remember reading something about McQueen's widow wanting him for a biopic.

Thought Craig was already pencilled in?

glad to see I'm not the only one rooting for Craig as mcqueen .....

despite my love for movies....i have never seen a steve mcqueen movie. weird.

Wow, and I thought I was the only one who automatically thought of D-Craig when I read that.

despite my love for movies....i have never seen a steve mcqueen movie. weird.

Not even The Great Escape? :csad:

Yes! Daniel Craig is a must! anyone else would be wrong
1zlvcib.jpg

untitled.jpg

Wow. Craig would be fantastic casting.

Can Craig fake a good American accent though?

glad to see I'm not the only one rooting for Craig as mcqueen .....

Hard not to be. Solidified himself as a solid actor and badass and probably looks more like Steve McQueen than anyone else alive right now.

^^^^Still sounds off. Not bad so much, but maybe I can just still hear his accent in my head or something

I thought he sounded good in The Jacket but he was playing a crazy person so he still sounds a little off.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loj39xlYfM4&feature=PlayList&p=CBEAA3BB22CDD8C6&playnext=1&index=9[/YT]

Last edited:
Yeah, but I've been saying this for a long time. Craig for McQueen. Nuff said.

McQueen was so cool. Even his name is freaking cool: STEVE McQUEEN.

Don't know so much about his life to say that I am interested.

And when the hell will they make a film about Freddie Mercury? :(

Craig seems such an obvious choice for this role.

I hope it happens.

I'd much rather see a Bullitt remake than a McQueen biopic.

I'd much rather see a Bullitt remake than a McQueen biopic.

Blasphemy! But no, seriously, whats the point of remaking Bullitt. Steve McQueen is Bullitt, and vica-versa. Remaking it without McQueen is destroying its very essence.

how about no buillet remake? The movie still holds up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"