Steve McQueen Biopic in the Works

Lol- I didn't mean to touch any nerves. I certainly agree it still stands up. I love a good police thrillers, and not many recent ones do it for me (The Departed is an obvious exception). If I were ever going to remake Bullitt, I'd use the book's title, Mute Witness. And, to answer SUPERBENITEZ's question, I thought Craig would make a great Frank Bullitt ever since I saw him in Tomb Raider.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/steve-mcqueen-movie-biopic-financed-1201392122/

EXCLUSIVE: It’s a project that has gotten the attention of some top directors and actors looking to bring the story of the larger-than-life actor Steve McQueen to the big screen. And now, the project — McQueen — has secured financing and will move forward. Director James Gray (The Immigrant) and his Immigrant co-star Jeremy Renner have circled the project as have other A-listers. Others who have been talked about or expressed interest in the past have been Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling. First things first, however. Financing has come together through a deal that was just made between Lake Forest Entertainment and The Exchange. The curiosity and interest around town comes from a unique story that is being kept under wraps about McQueen’s life that he wrote about at the time of his death in his own hand.

Gosling? Yeah, I could see that. But not Tatum. He doesn't have the presence to play McQueen, not by a longshot.

Of those named I'd go with Renner but it aint an impressive list. And Renner is pretty busy this year as well.:funny:

Daniel Craig looks more like McQueen, is a better actor, and is loads more charismatic and sexy than Renner. But if they also considered Gosling and Tatum, I'm assuming physical resemblance isn't a high priority.

Such a missed opportunity and this was suggested 6 years ago

Yes! Daniel Craig is a must! anyone else would be wrong
1zlvcib.jpg

untitled.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"