Suicide Songs: The Soundtrack for The Suicide Squad Movie

Been listening to Price's score. It is
kinda generic, but has some quite interesting moments... I think he repeats certain leitmotifs way too often though. Some compositions kinda remind me of music from "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" (usually that upbeat music when you get in a fight or race against time), while some give me strong "Penny Dreadful" vibe, with slightly gothic feel and sentimental violin. In that sense there are some pieces that are reminiscent of Elfman, but I hear more of "Penny Dreadful's" Korzeniowski. Also, out of those more upbeat pieces, there are some instances that remind of old school electronic music that seems like it could belong to some of the CBMs from '90s and early 2000s, like "Blade". Anyway, while I'm inclined to call it generic, in a way that there isn't any piece that really stands out and blows ones mind, I am curious to see how will it work in the film itself.
Does Junkie's Batman theme make an appearance?

I know that some people have issues about how they are used, but there is a great collection of songs in this.

Bohemian Rhapsody
Sympathy for the Devil
You Don't Own Me
Superfreak
House of the Rising Sun
Dirty Deeds
Fortunate Son
7 Nation Army

It's a shame that only 1 of these is on the album.

God I hated the use of music in this. A few songs once or twice, here and there... sure.

But this was awful. Unbelievably embarrassing.

Like, it's 20 times worse than 2003 Daredevil.

Last edited:
I can't say I cared for it.
I liked a lot of the songs but the way one scene with a licensed song would end and then the next would start didn't feel right. As if you could sense they really wanted those songs in there for a purpose that wasn't necessary.

I really appreciated when the original soundtrack was there.

God I hated the use of music in this. A few songs once or twice, hehe and there... sure.

It was extremely obnoxious. I definitely wanted someone to wake me up inside.

I know that some people have issues about how they are used, but there is a great collection of songs in this.

Bohemian Rhapsody
Sympathy for the Devil
You Don't Own Me
Superfreak
House of the Rising Sun
Dirty Deeds
Fortunate Son
7 Nation Army

It's a shame that only 1 of these is on the album.

You forgot Black Sabbath's Paranoid! And for some reason on the album we get the Panic at the Disco cover of BoRhap while in the movie it's Queen's original.

I think the movie relied waaaaay too much on the songs but it worked in some scenes.

There are so many songs some just slip by :funny: When I looked at the songs in the credits I was surprised to see Sympathy for the Devil... I'd forgotten it was there. Not a good sign.

God I hated the use of music in this. A few songs once or twice, hehe and there... sure.

Daredevil is a blast though :funny: I always watch it when it's on TV, it makes me laugh so much

You forgot Black Sabbath's Paranoid! And for some reason on the album we get the Panic at the Disco cover of BoRhap while in the movie it's Queen's original.

I think the movie relied waaaaay too much on the songs but it worked in some scenes.

WE DO?
tumblr_npx5npEsCJ1sidd71o1_500.gif

Holy **** i hated the song they used when Harley is thrown into the acid, like, what the hell? Why? it was so bad...
And it just seemed like the songs came in at random parts of the movie for no reason...

Holy **** i hated the song they used when Harley is thrown into the acid, like, what the hell? Why? it was so bad...
And it just seemed like the songs came in at random parts of the movie for no reason...

Yeah the song almost completely drained the tension from that scene.

The funny thing is that the word s*** is used a lot in the movie and the only time I remember the word f*** being used was in the song that played when Harley jumped in the chemicals. My favorite song use in the movie was Black Skinhead when Deadshot realized that they actually gave him real bullets.

God I hated the use of music in this. A few songs once or twice, here and there... sure.

While I love all the music they used. I hated how they used or overused it. It was stupid how in the first 15-20 minutes they 10-15 songs. Geez.

For those commenting on Price's score...

- Junkie XL's Batman theme does occur in the film, whether newly scored by Price or the actual track was taken from BvS. It's played when the purple lamborghini goes into the river. It was "Men are Still Good".

- Deadshot's theme is a variation of Batman's "Beautiful Lie" from BvS. I think the intention was to mirror how Bats and Deadshot are similar in some ways, being on the wrong side of the law, being a broken person, and how easily Batman could've become someone like Deadshot... but the musical cue is 100% there and tinkered with.

For those commenting on Price's score...

- Junkie XL's Batman theme does occur in the film, whether newly scored by Price or the actual track was taken from BvS. It's played when the purple lamborghini goes into the river. It was "Men are Still Good".

- Deadshot's theme is a variation of Batman's "Beautiful Lie" from BvS. I think the intention was to mirror how Bats and Deadshot are similar in some ways, being on the wrong side of the law, being a broken person, and how easily Batman could've become someone like Deadshot... but the musical cue is 100% there and tinkered with.
That's cool, I didn't catch that. Is it on the album version?

I loved the use of Eminem's "Without Me". It was so trashy that it fit the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"