Suicide Squad box office prediction - Part 3

A certain poster here insisted the revenue from home entertainment/merchandising takes so long to come in that it's not significant, or rather his point was b.o. revenue is the most most most important thing because you get it upfront basically.

That's a factor yes, especially in a landscape where movies often cost 200M+ to make and about as much to distribute and market. In this context it is indeed a requirement that those movies turn out a decent roi off of their theatrical runs.

But that doesn't mean the influence of ancillary markets should be discarded because in the end that is where studios make the bulk of their money. And when you have a successful franchise it's also not a bad thing that it ensures a steady revenue stream (think Harry Potter for WB or Star Wars for Disney for example).

Last edited:
after that opening IM2's numbers seemed likely.

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice
SUICIDE SQUAD makes an estimated $1.90M weekend, down 38.7%, for $320.84M total through nine weekends. #SuicideSquad

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice
SUICIDE SQUAD makes an estimated $1.90M weekend, down 38.7%, for $320.84M total through nine weekends. #SuicideSquad

That's nice

That is pleasant.

69c.gif

This weekend numbers?

Friday numbers - 0.29 million

SS is now in it's 9th weekend so no real weekend projections for the movie at the moment but the way it's playing out I'm guessing somewhere between 1-1.05 million for the weekend. The domestic total after this weekend should be around 322.5 million.

Friday numbers - 0.29 million

SS is now in it's 9th weekend so no real weekend projections for the movie at the moment but the way it's playing out I'm guessing somewhere between 1-1.05 million for the weekend. The domestic total after this weekend should be around 322.5 million.

Strong numbers

Domestic: $322,533,924 43.5%

+ Foreign: $419,600,000 56.5%

= Worldwide: $742,133,924

Awesome. :up: Getting close to the 750M mark where it will probably end.

The drop is only 42% this weekend. Cool stuff. :cool:

SS continues it's impressive run. :D:D

Suicide Squad is still playing at the most expensive theaters in my city; and not just one showing but around 4 or 5 showings.

Drove past my theater while out this weekend. Ssquad still has a small handful of showings. What a great BO performance.

I think this week might be the final run. The theater near me has narrowed down to one showing after having about 5 last week

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"