Suicide Squad box office prediction - Part 3

Now that is certainly noteworthy. Liked both Deadpool and Suicide Squad, but considering how much positive buzz Deadpool received and how much mixed buzz Suicide Squad had, for this to surpass Deadpool is no small feat.

So it should settle around 745-50 Mil or so? Good stuff.

Now that is certainly noteworthy. Liked both Deadpool and Suicide Squad, but considering how much positive buzz Deadpool received and how much mixed buzz Suicide Squad had, for this to surpass Deadpool is no small feat.

Don't be silly, Suicide Squad is s bonafide flop :cwink:

750m is the salary of their second assistant director.

A very respectable gross. Around the time SS actually came out I remember being nervous about this being able to hit the $600-$750 range, but I'm glad that it actually has.

NA wise the first Friday-Saturday drop of 40% and the second week 67% drop made me a little nervous. But turned out SS did better foreign than I expected and had better legs than BVS.

With China this could have hit in the 800 million range.

I seem to recall certain posters clamoring for things like filing class action lawsuits against the WB, that the shareholders are being "taken for a ride", that these movies weren't turning a profit. Etc....all commentary made during the bad weekend drops of BvS and SS. Just piling it on the faces of members of these forums...remember that? Very quet these days in the aftermath. Wonder where they went? Is the sky no longer falling?

How's this?

http://deadline.com/2016/10/time-warner-stock-rises-report-possible-merger-talks-att-1201840070/

Time Warner shares swooned last year as investors lost faith in the prospects for pay TV programming. But the company’s up 28.3% so far in 2016 helped by election-fueled ratings growth at CNN, and strong box office results for films including Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

I seem to recall certain posters clamoring for things like filing class action lawsuits against the WB, that the shareholders are being "taken for a ride", that these movies weren't turning a profit. Etc....all commentary made during the bad weekend drops of BvS and SS. Just piling it on the faces of members of these forums...remember that? Very quet these days in the aftermath. Wonder where they went? Is the sky no longer falling?

How's this?

http://deadline.com/2016/10/time-warner-stock-rises-report-possible-merger-talks-att-1201840070/

It's very good that SS has earned so much money but movie making is inherently a risky business, there's no guarantee that movie will be successful.

Just for example, Disney also had many big budget failures like - Prince of Persia, John Carter, Lone Ranger, Alice Through the Looking Glass, The BFG.

Filing class action lawsuits against the WB, on behalf of the shareholders just because movie did badly at Box Office is asinine.

Last edited:
Has it finished it's run now? Or is it still on general/limited release?

Thinking this is the last weekend. Probably showing in some other countries.

Last edited:

How's this?

Yeah I remember that guy, I wont name him, because I dont want to sink that low. But I do remember him telling me that there is no way Flash or Aquaman are going to start shooting, and yet they are. Even Ben's Batman movie is underway. Let alone SS's awesome BO run. Funny thing, never saw him in this thread after SS's good run started.

Yeah I remember that guy, I wont name him, because I dont want to sink that low. But I do remember him telling me that there is no way Flash or Aquaman are going to start shooting, and yet they are. Even Ben's Batman movie is underway. Let alone SS's awesome BO run. Funny thing, never saw him in this thread after SS's good run started.

He talked about WB board of directors has a duty of care to shareholders, i.e. making sensible investments to maximize shareholders wealth. But not all bad investments made by executives can be sued; there's a different between unethical decisions (deliberately choosing bad investments, usually for executives' personal benefits) and incompetent decisions. I'm not American so I don't know whether he's right or not, but for example if board of directors continuously produce big-budget but low-performing movies with no reasons/ explanation why they do so then I guess shareholders might hold an urgent meeting to confront them/ re-elect them. Filing law suit against them? I've never heard of, at least in my country (unless there's prove that the board of directors, say, use bulk of budget to pay their own VFX/ marketing companies, i.e, doing for their own benefits).

That being said, I think just a couple of low-performing movies can be considered incompetent decision (not unethical decision), when while BvS perform less than expectation, it still makes profit, and SS is a hit.

How's this?

The investors were cracking jokes about "critics" during the conference call, I doubt they're worried at all. Outside of Tarzan i think they turned profit on all their movies so far this year.

The investors were cracking jokes about "critics" during the conference call, I doubt they're worried at all. Outside of Tarzan i think they turned profit on all their movies so far this year.

When LoT hits the Blu-Ray/DVD market, it's sure to do reasonably well considering the movie was actually fairly well received by the GA. So I expect it to break even when all is said and done and who knows, WB can very easily turn profits from this one too. :woot::woot:

I'm not sure if Tarzan will really do well at the DVD market. I'm struggling to understand its target audience.

Has it finished it's run now? Or is it still on general/limited release?

I figured it would have been. Imagine my surprise when I just found out the Regal I go to is still playing it through out the day.

WB will likely end tracking once the film inches past $325M domestic.

Seems like the safe bet. It's had a good run, anyway, and made more than most expected. Aside from that, it's also getting ready for its DVD/Blu-Ray release so it's about time they pull the plug on its theatrical release.

Astonishing indeed. Although, strange how they haven't officially greenlit the sequel yet...

I'd rather they take their time with a sequel and rush it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"