Super Mario Brothers Film Casring

Jahu-Momus

Civilian
Reaction score
Lol I know this sounds weird, but me and a friend of mine where discussing the old Mario movie, and thought who would be good if they ever (they won't though) re did it.

Mario Mario/ Greg Grunberg: I love him in Heroes, and since Mario has never been given a concrete personality it could go several ways.

090303greg-grunberg1.jpg

Luigi Mario/ Robert Downey Jr.: Can play a conceited billionaire and a super sleuth, Downey could handle Luigi. At best, Luigi would be dragged around by his brother's selflessness and caring attitude.

default-robert-downey-jr.jpg

Princess Peach/ Nicole Kidman: Yes she gets kidnapped, but Kidman could give her more than the stereotypical damsel attitude

Nicole_Kidman.jpg

Toad/ Noah Gray Cabey: Yes another Heroes actor, though he hasn't been seen as much lately. Here I would make Toad Peach's body guard who is initially troubled by the sudden appearance of Mario and Luigi

Noah+Gray-Cabey.jpg

Bowser/ Frank Welker: The big bad King Koopa, he would be a quick tempered alpha koopa who leads his army to global domination. Mostly comprised of CGI cause we do not want another Dennis Hopper version.
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot.png

I don't like those casting choices... No offense. I can't see them making another Mario movie. Leave it at the one we already have. Acceptable/likeable enough to me imo.

If they ever try another Mario movie it should just be an animated film.

Why the hell would you want a super Mario movie?

Like the first one purely for the lawls. Once they go underground into Kupa land its like Blade Runner Lite (only far, far, far, far more ridiculous in every way imaginable).

No more Mario movies. It even scarred Nintendo to the point where the vowed not to have any of their franchises made into movies.

Which sucks because a Zelda movie could honestly work.

Lol its purely a joke for fun to see everyones choices. Not for reals

One word - Pixar. I would love to see the cgi team supreme realize the magic, whimsy, adventure and heart of the original 3 Super Mario games.

At least, that would be the sensible, businesslike way of making such a film.

But if I were to create the Mario movie of my dreams, then I'd love to see it in the hands of Jim Henson's Creature Shop, done entirely with puppets and animatronics like Dark Crystal. I guess because I grew up with 8-bit games, I'd just love to see that world built with real textures and lighting, especially a life-size Bowser Koopa puppeted by like, five people!

It's funny the same thread gets reposted every few months.

They could just use vertically challenged people as Mario, Luigi & Princess Toadstool & cgi normal actors heads over their bodies or go the Hobbit Route & just make normal actors appear smaller. Make everything else a virtual reality world like in the Avatar movie.

Danny Devito or Kevin James as Mario.
Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat as Luigi or maybe Adam Sandler or John Tuturro as Luigi.
Isla Fisher or Amy Adams as Princess Toadstool.

Imagine a Super Mario Brothers movie like....

A Super Mario Bros movie wouldn't be all that bad if you think about it. I mean, it doesn't have to look like a Mario game, but like what Aesop Rocks said, Avatar style. Motion capture, 3D. Imagine like a Tim Burton "Alice in Wonderland" spin on it.

hahaha what is this thread.

If they ever dare to make a Super Mario Bros movie, I hope they keep it CGI, and aimed at kids 7-12. That's the only way you could ever include the ridiculous things like Super Mushrooms and not have it be all kitschy like the first one.

A Super Mario Bros movie wouldn't be all that bad if you think about it. I mean, it doesn't have to look like a Mario game, but like what Aesop Rocks said, Avatar style. Motion capture, 3D. Imagine like a Tim Burton "Alice in Wonderland" spin on it.

Motion capture...for Super Mario?

Naaah, it should just be a normal 3D animated film. There was a rumor a few years ago that Nintendo was going to do it.

how about....
Mario - Wayne Knight
Luigi - Kevin Corrigan
and
Peach- Christina Applegate ??

i actually liked the original cast...

and they did as best they could with that crazy story lol

just like mortal kombat it was a nice original movie.

I want a computer animated film, anyone who can do the voice of the Plumbers is really all you need.

he lost some weight, but, he's still far from skinny

he's still big enough for Mario, anyway, it's not like Mario is suppose to be obese, or something

actually, it's only since the weight loss that I would of even considered him...

Last edited:
you've been here long enough, too know, thats sadly just not true

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"