• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Street Fighter Turbo II HD Remix

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/780/780640p1.html

US, April 13, 2007 - Street Fighter II on the Xbox Live Arcade has generated more revenue than any other XBLA game, according to Capcom. That can only mean one thing; more Street Fighter games are on the way. Along with an updated version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Capcom announced its intentions to bring Super Street Fighter Turbo II HD Remix to both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this fall.

Though Capcom did not have the game on hand to show the audience, they did promise that all of the art is being redrawn by Udon Entertainment so that it will look crisp and clean at resolutions up to 1080p. A few samples of what Capcom is aiming for were shown and it was quite easy to see the vast improvement in the level of detail and polish over the original graphics. Like Street Fighter II for XBLA, this remake will include both online and offline play for one or two players.

We'll have more on Super Street Fighter Turbo II HD Remix when it's up and running.

LOL...dont you just love the title to the game? I didnt think it could get any longer. This is what the 50th version of the game? Im actually glad they will be updating those outdated sprites. Hopefully the gameplay translates over and doesnt get too affected

Here is another link with a small interview.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3158732

And here is a sample image from the game.

http://www.gamekult.com/images/ME0000818216/

They say they are using the same code from the original game so gameplay should be identical, but you have to wonder if a hit box or two might get moved around and mess around with some move priorities.

I am more curious on how they will update the sound, vocies since some of those are pretty weird now. I would imagine they would use some Alpha and Capcom vs SNK ones, but they haven't said anything about it yet.

thanks for the link. Im really excited about this

heres a better pic
ryuspriteslargeyi2.jpg

sweet merciful crap! Them HD sprites are kickass!!!

522406933_78f4d17560_o.jpg

Absolutely amazing! :up:

I can only imagine what is in store for Street Fighter 4, when it hopefully comes out... :)

kencompare.gif

A comparison between the original sprite(@ 450%) and the new image.

Man do I want this game! I think I'm gonna have to get an arcade stick for it, as if VF5 wasn't reason enough...

I'm excited yet disgusted at the same time. I mean the sprites are without a doubt kickass, but why beat this dead horse? The game is 12 years old the original is 16 years old. Why not use this effort for SF4, or if CAPCOM really felt the need to remake a game then why not the Original Street Fighter game? God, I'm so jonzing for a Sagat Return....

wow.

where's guile?

man, i need to get this.

I'm excited yet disgusted at the same time. I mean the sprites are without a doubt kickass, but why beat this dead horse? The game is 12 years old the original is 16 years old. Why not use this effort for SF4, or if CAPCOM really felt the need to remake a game then why not the Original Street Fighter game? God, I'm so jonzing for a Sagat Return....
bc there is no interest for the original SF game nor was it a good game at that. SFII is their most successful game and at least they are doing something new with it this time instead of another rehashed compilation

As far as SF4, goes, I doubt we'll ever see it bc Capcom doesnt seem intereted in making 2D fighters anymore.

Woah... I really hope that's what the game ends up to look like.

bc there is no interest for the original SF game nor was it a good game at that. SFII is their most successful game and at least they are doing something new with it this time instead of another rehashed compilation

As far as SF4, goes, I doubt we'll ever see it bc Capcom doesnt seem intereted in making 2D fighters anymore.

Yes, it's true the Original wasn't a good game, but here is a chance to make it good. The 'remake' doesn't just have to be cosmetic Plus, unlike SF3, the roster is pretty much packed with fammiliar faces. That was one of the reasons for SF3's lack of success. All but four characters were new, and the replacements were lackluster. The other was that CAPCOM kept putting out so many versions (like this one) to the point that most people (that I talk to) just stopped caring. I will no doubt get this game, but I feel Capcom could do so much more with this effort.

I had a revelation... Capcom should make a brand new street fighter game...
Street Fighter: Saga...
All the characters from ALL the SF games sharing the same art style...
Here's the thing... If you use Ryu you start at SF all the way through SF, SFA2, SFA3,SFII,SFIII
If you use Guile you start at SFA3, SFII
If Gill is your char, then you're stuck at 3...

but back on topic... Ken's thumbs are weird...

I had a revelation... Capcom should make a brand new street fighter game...
Street Fighter: Saga...
Here's the thing... If you use Ryu you start at SF all the way through SF, SFA2, SFA3,SFII,SFIII
If you use Guile you start at SFA3, SFII
If Gill is your char, then you're stuck at 3...

but back on topic... Ken's thumbs are weird...
If I think its what your thinking of, I think thats a bad idea bc as we've seen from the past, mixxing up sprites from old games with newer ones just look disastrous.

I guess I should've meant... All sprites redone so All the characters have the same art style on their sprites and not mismatched out of place spritesets like in Capcom Fighter Evolution and half of the vs. games... CVS series I'm looking at you too...

If I think its what your thinking of, I think thats a bad idea bc as we've seen from the past, mixxing up sprites from old games with newer ones just look disastrous.
I know what you mean... I use mugen a lot... But if they did it in 3-d since Capcom is shying away from 2-d I wouldn't complain much...

I guess I should've meant... All sprites redone so All the characters have the same art style on their sprites and not mismatched out of place spritesets like in Capcom Fighter Evolution and half of the vs. games... CVS series I'm looking at you too...
lol...and even with CvS they didnt redo all the sprites. Morrigan, Im looking at you...lol

I know what you mean... I use mugen a lot... But if they did it in 3-d since Capcom is shying away from 2-d I wouldn't complain much...
I think alot of people doubt Capcom's ability to create a decent 3D fighter after the SF EX series. I think SNK did a good job with KoF 2006 and thats a good example of a 2D fighter making a good transition to 3D. If only Capcom could be as successful

That's what I'm saying Capcom's gotten lazy... I know that making 2-d games can be a pain in the arse with all the sprites and stuff, but sometimes 2-d can be prettier than 3-d...

Regarding 3-d...They could do it, but I've played SF EX series and it has me worried, but I've seen KOF2006 and that gave me hopes... but so far this HD SSFIIT looks great

Bah, there's still room in the world for solid 2D fighting games. And if Street Fighter really did go 3D, then what would be left of the ever-shrinking-but-still-cherished region of gaming known as 2D fighting games?

I think that SSF2THDR shows that it is indeed possible to have a "next-gen" 2D fighting game. The question for me now, is whether or not this game will be a big enough hit that Capcom will decide to make Street Fighter 4 in the same vein of HD 2D graphics. I certainly hope so, so let's wait and see! :)

Yeah 2-d gaming shouldn't be tossed away...
I HEART 2-D!!!
This SSFTII HD is a 2-d gamer's dream come true... especially if said gamer hearts SSFIIT

what was the last original 2d fighter that Capcom made anyway? Capcm vs SNK back in 2001? I guess you could count Capcom Fighting Evolution but that was bad and nothing more than just copying and pasting characters from different games into one

Yeah, CFE was basically a crappy retail version of Mugen. It's so ironic that they put the word "evolution" in the title of a game that literally brought nothing new to the genre at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"