• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Super Street Fighter Turbo II HD Remix

I finally played this game last night, and I already started to hate on 360's controller. Its D-pad is hard to pull off moves with, even simple moves like Ryu's fireball. And whenever I do a HCB I get this loud clicking/snapping noise. I really wish I can use PS3's controller for this game, and it makes me wonder if the same thing will happen that will disrupt my enjoyment of the upcoming Street Fighters 4.

As far as gamepads go, PS3 is your best bet for fighting games. However, I graduated from gamepads a long time ago, and now I play fighters exclusively with a custom arcade stick.

MadCatz is promising salvation for 360 users (and PS3 users craving 6 buttons without using a joystick) in the form of an official gamepad, which also promises to make hitting diagonals significantly easier thanks to a Neo-Geo-esque joystick / d-pad hybrid. Not sure how good it'll turn out, but given MadCatz recent winning streak with their licensed Rock Band peripherals, this might be worth giving a chance.

]

Even though I already have an arcade stick, I may pick up one of these for any player-2 guests that I might have over, since they'll likely either A) complain that they can't get used to an arcade stick, or B) that the button layout makes no sense on a dualshock 3.

Last edited:
As far as gamepads go, PS3 is your best bet for fighting games. However, I graduated from gamepads a long time ago, and now I play fighters exclusively with a custom arcade stick.

MadCatz is promising salvation for 360 users (and PS3 users craving 6 buttons without using a joystick) in the form of an official gamepad, which also promises to make hitting diagonals significantly easier thanks to a Neo-Geo-esque joystick / d-pad hybrid. Not sure how good it'll turn out, but given MadCatz recent winning streak with their licensed Rock Band peripherals, this might be worth giving a chance.

]

Even though I already have an arcade stick, I may pick up one of these for any player-2 guests that I might have over, since they'll likely either A) complain that they can't get used to an arcade stick, or B) that the button layout makes no sense on a dualshock 3.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will buy at least one (or two) of this controller, since it's probably a significant upgrade over 360's and it looks awesome to boot. Do you know how much one goes for and where I can buy them?

They don't come out till February 20th, but you can pre-order them at Amazon for $40 (which sounds a little pricey, but remember that they are wireless). You should be able to find them at Gamestop when they come out, too.

They don't come out till February 20th, but you can pre-order them at Amazon for $40 (which sounds a little pricey, but remember that they are wireless). You should be able to find them at Gamestop when they come out, too.

I wish I had known this before I gotten another controller off Ebay (my bro wants to play SF), but maybe I will put it back on Ebay and wait for February to get this controller.

My God...How awesome are Fei Long and Ryu's themes this time around....

So what's everyone's favorite remixed BGM? I'm digging Fei Long and E.Honda's

What is the verdict? Is this game worth the price? It seems somewhat high to me.

any news on the ps3 UK release...i can't wait to play this online!!
i wish they'd remix marvel versus capcom2 forHD and online..that'd be awesome!!

Great news for fighting game fans. Capcom isn't done with HD Remixes, and one fighting game that could be next for the treatment is Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the company has revealed.

Capcom has enjoyed terrific success with Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, released on Xbox LIVE late last year and more recently on PSN. As of late last year, official figures showed the game had sold 250,000 units, shattering both day one and week one sales records.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com, Capcom's Christian Svensson, vice president, business development and strategic planning, said that while "not every game needs it", the company was "potentially" going to apply the HD Remix treatment to other fighting games in its back catalogue.

He said: "Are we done doing HD Remixes? No we're not done. But the next ones that we do will be even better, based on what we learned."

When asked if Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was a game that didn't need the HD Remix treatment, Svensson replied: "I won't say it doesn't need it. Marvel would be great to do. There's obviously a fan base for it. It's probably our most requested title. Unfortunately, I wish I had news to share on that front but I don't."

The chances of Capcom making Marvel vs. Capcom 3, however, are less likely. "I would never say never but I would say the barriers to doing that are much higher than the barriers for MvC2," said Svensson.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/capcom_were_not_done_with_hd_remixes.html

I'm thinking that Street Fighter III 3rd Strike HD Remix and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 HD Remix will be announced next.

It would be interesting to see how MvC2 would look with an HD version bc the original looked horrible. There was no excuse for Capcom to constantly recycle the same old sprites, especially Morrigan's (which debuted back in what 1993 or so) The graphics was very inconsistent and I always wonderd how that game would have looked had Capcom made it from the ground up instead of doing a cut and paste job

I hope MvC HD Remix will be released in the future, so I can play it on my 360 console.

i played this for the first time yesterday after not playing it for at least a month and getting used to sf iv.

i got absolutely destroyed; the timing is much different and the game's pace is so much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"