Supergirl returns?

Wait a second, what kind of supporting cast and rogues gallery does Supergirl have? Because in the first Supergirl movie, she just fought a generic witch.
Off the top of my head I would say Reactron and Brainiac.

been talked about already in the dc casting thread. I still say its very doubtfull wb would go off and do a supergirl movie now. With superman in all the legal issues and all that.

I'd like to see some additional reasoning on that. DC owns Supergirl lock, stock, and barrel. They own the S-shield too. They might have to change her origin slightly, basically reconfigure Krypton into something else, but Supergirl is not the subject of any legal disputes and is free and clear for use no matter what happens with Superman.

I'd like to see some additional reasoning on that. DC owns Supergirl lock, stock, and barrel. They own the S-shield too. They might have to change her origin slightly, basically reconfigure Krypton into something else, but Supergirl is not the subject of any legal disputes and is free and clear for use no matter what happens with Superman.

That's kind of what I thought, too. If they were that set on making a Supergirl movie, WB could probably just adapt a version of the DCAU origin (since it's closer to the 'classic' Pre-COIE version that I'm guessing people outside of hardcore fandom are probably familiar with, if for no other reason than the "Superman's Cousin" bit) and give her some of Superman's lesser-known enemies to fight.

Last edited:
who really knows sure i know they do own the character totally, but really do you think a supergirl movie would serious happen at this rate and how poorly the 80s film did and what happened with SR. They probably dont want to fiddle with anything in the "superman family" to they know what they can and cant do with superman and all that. It would be odd though if they did lauch supergirl and then bring in new rebooted superman down the road. I would check out film if it did happen, but i dont think its very likely to even happen at this place.

I'd like Silver Banshee or Livewire as the villain in a Supergirl movie.

I've been thinking about this today and I've come to the conclusion that perhaps it's not exactly a bad idea for a new Supergirl movie from the perspective of maybe using it as a reintroduction for Superman. Maybe it could be used as a testing ground for a new Superman, do it as cheap as possible and try some things out to see if thing work or not, ie tone, design, story etc. Almost like a reverse spin-off. That's not to say make it purposely bad, but just use it more as a test.

Just on a side note if Taylor Swift was to play Supergirl, I'd like to think if she won some sort of award for the role Kanye West would interrupt her speech and say 'Taylor, you were good and all, but Helen Slater was the best Supergirl ever'. :woot:

Off the top of my head I would say Reactron and Brainiac.

Brainiac's a Superman villain and an important one at that, he shouldn't he show up in Superman movie instead? How villains does she have that she doesn't borrow from her cousin?

A solo Supergirl film I'm a bit skeptical on, but I wouldnt mind if Supergirl appeared in the next Superman series (whenever that happens).

I would hope that they use the DCAU explanation of her being from Krypton's sister planet so that Superman is technically the last KRyptonian.

Also it would be cool for her and Superman to be the last from each of their races just like Batman and the Robins are all orphans. It's just a cool similarity

I could see them using Parasite in the same movie as Supergirl. In short, Parasite steals Superman's powers, so Supergirl has to fight him.

If WB goes ahead with a new Supergirl movie, I hope they have plenty of action scenes and not have Lex Luther as the villian. Hopefully this can turn out to be something better than Superman Returns. :yay:

it will be interesting to see if they would gamble with doing a supergirl movie before getting things settled out with superman and all that. Then it would just seem odd to have supergirl before a new superman and having superman spinning off from supergirl when it should be the other way around. But who really knows with wb/dc stuff.

Could it become a ploy to hang on to the rights somehow? Like Fox making Silver Surfer to hold on to FF, only less evil? I really have to read up on the legal stuff already.

well like someone pointed out currently supergirl doesnt full under any of the legal stuff with superman sincen supergirl was solely made by dc comics/dc hired writers and all that.

A solo Supergirl film I'm a bit skeptical on, but I wouldnt mind if Supergirl appeared in the next Superman series (whenever that happens).

I would hope that they use the DCAU explanation of her being from Krypton's sister planet so that Superman is technically the last KRyptonian.

Also it would be cool for her and Superman to be the last from each of their races just like Batman and the Robins are all orphans. It's just a cool similarity
Agreed

I could see them using Parasite in the same movie as Supergirl. In short, Parasite steals Superman's powers, so Supergirl has to fight him.

What's the point of giving Supergirl her own movie, if she is just going borrow villains and supporting cast from her cousin? Does she have any villains or supporting cast members of her own? Why not just have her as a supporting cast member in a Superman movie?

What's the point of giving Supergirl her own movie, if she is just going borrow villains and supporting cast from her cousin? Does she have any villains or supporting cast members of her own? Why not just have her as a supporting cast member in a Superman movie?

I hate to break your bubble, but a lot of Supergirl's villians are Superman's.

well she does have her own supporting characters i believe counting on which incarnation you are going for. As for villains i dont know myself if she has any that are strickly hers.

http://www.mania.com/supergirl-rumors-swiftly-shot-down_article_119623.html
SUPERGIRL Rumor Swiftly Shot Down

One of this week's rumors had music star and Kanye West victim Taylor Swift "in talks" to play 'Supergirl' in a feature film. Hollywood Scoop published the report citing an "industry insider" as their source.
Although the story rang absurd enough to really need no debunking, we asked a source at DC Entertainment if there was any truth to the Swift talk.
"None," our source said of the report. "Pretty funny though, but no truth whatsoever. I'd love to know who the 'hollywood insider' is because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."
So, those of you who were actually looking forward to 'Supergirl! The Love Story' starring Taylor Swift: Sorry. It's not happening.

Just as well; casting a big music star when their career is hot would still feel like too much of a typically-dunderheaded corporate move to bode well for further such decisions on a film, regardless of how well she could act. If WB were serious about a Supergirl film (which I doubt they are, but with the Superman lawsuit mess I wouldn't be surprised), I'd rather they focus on getting someone the right age who can actually act (preferably someone new) and look like Supergirl instead of like a platinum-blonde pop-star in a Supergirl costume.

yea i have nothing against swift at all, but we need to see her do more films first to see her acting cred and all that. As for supergirl itself yea like i said in earlier post i would think wb wouldnt even bother with anything in the superman family to they have superman all figured out and all that. But as we have we dont have to worry right now.

My choice is Amber Heard. And for a lesser known, Imogen Poots.

I think Supergirl could be awesome, but it would take some balancing to keep the disparate elements of the character working well. As for a villain, i think Powergirl should be worked in as a rival, not necesarilly evil, but created/brought/changed by the main villain. As for who that villain would be, I've no idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"