Supergirl: The Casting Thread of Tomorrow

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
We’ve got our lead actress. Now let’s see if we can’t work out the rest of the cast.

Ideas?

This will be a hard one since if they keep close to the comic....there will be no known DC characters and all originals from the comic.

Gunn is probably justified in side-stepping Superman’s origin in Legacy, but I do feel like Supergirl’s origin isn’t so well-known among general audiences that it can just be glossed over. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see Zor-El and Alura in the mix.

DCU Update’s suggestions…

Ariana Greenblatt as Ruthye is great. No notes.

Krem could certainly go a number of ways—I was thinking maybe Paul Mescal or Taron Egerton. I think it’d be fun to cast a leading man-type and play against expectations. Maybe even Ryan Gosling if Gunn/Safran could convince him.

I’m still not convinced it’ll be Krem, though. Part of me thinks that Lobo will be appearing in this rather than Superman: Legacy, either as the main antagonist or a side character.

Or maybe they swap Krem with Brainiac so Kara & Ruthye’s stories are more closely tied? I’m losing confidence that he’ll be appearing in Legacy, or at least as the primary villain.

I believe that Tom King’s original intention for WoT was to have Lobo play the “Rooster Cogburn” part and to have that play off of Kara who would be more like the Le Boeuf character in True Grit. But he changed his mind, realizing that he needed to recognize the trauma associated with Kara’ backstory and how that would have impacted her.

I’m curious whether Lobo having initially been intended to be a big part of the story might impact the decisions in the film. After all, I believe that Tom King is involved in the crafting of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"