Sequels Superior spider-man?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Do you think Tom Holland has the range to do Superior Spider-Man? Out of all the modern stories I would love them to tackle that. I'm also sad they didn't do doc ock marrying aunt may last time so I would love them to chuck that in.

But who could play doc ock?

I feel like it's way too early in his career to do Superior.

Please good gravy and cheese no to Superior. Ever.

I liked Superior, but I don't think its a story that needs to be adapted.

It is way too early, but if they get to the stage where they have done plenty of movies and Peter and Ock have a lot of history together in the MCU, then if they decided to do it, I wouldn't have an issue.

It would be silly to adapt Superior when you haven't even introduced a hint of Doc Ock yet. That's the kind of story that, bare minimum, is a Movie 3 plot for a villain introduced in Movie 1. And it would be an impossible mess to adapt and be even slightly recognizable, anyway, given that you don't have a dozen+ issues a year for the story, but one movie.

I reckon it would be a fun way to introduce him actually. It would instantly assert how tough a villain Ock is instead of just relying on the mad doctor trope.

All we have to do is find the right actor to play Ock. I was watching Spider-Man 2 again the other day and I just couldn’t get over how perfect Molina was

The affliction of the modern fan.

[YT]tWIvvEJ0--s[/YT]

I don't think Superior Spider-Man would work for Peter as a high schooler. And it doesn't seem like it would fit in with the MCU stories. It would also seem too depressing with Peter apparently having died and Ock taking over his mind.

Plus you have to have introduced Ock as a long-time antagonist of Spider-Man for it to really resonate, otherwise it's a bit meaningless.

It might've worked more with Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man as he was older. I don't think it really fits Tom Holland's version.

The notion of someone else living in another's body is kind of ludicrous cause the brain architecture said presence would be utilizing would be completely difference so really kind of one of those things not meant to think too much about. I know it's a comic so not supposed think too much into it though so perhaps it could be a fun idea at some point.

It's just one of those ideas that I think implements best as an ongoing episodic shakeup more than anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"