The Force Awakens SW force awakens or New hope?

A New Hope, hands down. TFA was great for what it was, but there are WAY too many plot holes, the setups are clumsy, and you can't beat the fantastic uplifting feeling at the end of ANH. TFA didn't have any of that. TFA isn't even a complete story - it doesn't stand on its own.

On the other hand, it seems obvious to me that the OP created this thread just to argue with anyone who didn't say TFA was superior, so oh well.

No I didn't create the thread to argue. I created the thread because there has been a lot of talk about the movie being a copy and past of new hope so I thought it would be interesting to see if people like the movie they are comparing it to more or if they like the new movie better.

It's tough to say, because a lot of what made ANH great was how revolutionary it was at its time. Looking at them purely by a film v. film comparison, I honestly have to say TFA is better. But for historical significance, it can't hold a candle to ANH.

Yeah that is how I fell. ANH bigger for its time but TFA over all better just not revolutionary.

I have no idea why this is even this close.

TFA.

ANH hope has some cringe worthy dialogue in it, and some of the acting is sub-par (Lucas's directing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"