Sweet Tooth (Netflix)

I might check this out, I managed to read issues of the comic but haven't finished it, but this looks tonally different from the comic. It was pretty damn dark and emphasized the post apocalyptic nature of it. It's kind of like a nightmare fable. This makes it look more like a lighter fable of some kind.

I'm worried along with that, this will just be needlessly dragged out and expanded upon in that godawful "prestige tv" formula that many tv shows are doing now. I didn't read all the issues, but did they get into the backstory of everything? Because of what I'm seeing, it's not in the comic.

But Brolin sounds unrecognizable as the narrator. The guy's got ****ing range.

Last edited:
Really enjoying the show. Some things are a little confusing (how the bad guys are able to just magically find our good guys) but very entertaining.

Watched the whole series and many of the storylines represent current events and past events of American History on the show.

Funny that the face of Marvel adapts a DC series and gets it 100% fresh

Nice show. I came with low expectation but I was caught in and watched all episodes.
There is no dragging.
As a previous poster said, the bad guys seem to possess the gift of ubiquity as they manage to find Big Man & Kid out of nowhere.

Bruh if this doesn't get a Season 2 I'm going to be incredibly disappointed because you just can't end it like that and expect me to be satisfied, but I understand stranger things have happend when it comes to Netflix shows.

I'm glad I waited to start this too because it gave me more time to digest and apprecitate the character development in this show and man does Will Forte have some serious dramatic acting chops.

Loved this from the beginning to end though, especially the charming/uplifting vibe it was giving me throughout and the Gus kid was great and adorable asf lol.

Wendy and Bobby brought plenty of cute moments to this aswell and I really love seeing a quality actor like Nonso Anozie get meaty dramatic roles like this, but I've really liked the dude ever since I first saw him in Cass.

Bruh if this doesn't get a Season 2 I'm going to be incredibly disappointed because you just can't end it like that and expect me to be satisfied, but I understand stranger things have happend when it comes to Netflix shows.

Yeah if this gets cancelled I'm no longer going to watch new Netflix shows on day one. I'll just wait until a second season is confirmed, or if i know it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

Having said that, I really enjoyed this show.

I hate cliffhangers. They are an insult to the audience and a cheap way to conclude a season, especially if it does not have another one coming.

Glad I only started this so I can stop now before I get too invested in it only for it to get cancelled and left on another ****ing cliffhanger.

I wasn't completely sold on this after the first episode. It was well done but we've had so many post-apocalypse movies and shows at this point. That said, I kept watching and the show just gets better and better. This is really engaging storytelling and I felt pretty happy for Jim Mickle. He has always been a promising creator/director but this is the first time I think everything has clicked into place in a way that could lead to more big projects for him.

I hate cliffhangers. They are an insult to the audience and a cheap way to conclude a season, especially if it does not have another one coming.

Glad I only started this so I can stop now before I get too invested in it only for it to get cancelled and left on another ****ing cliffhanger.

I don't blame you, this has a very open "ending." (Kind of like Jupiter's Legacy) They should stop doing this if they're not sure there's going to be a season 2.

I really dug this show. I'm hopeful that it'll get a second season since it's still in their Top Ten 3 weeks later.

Only issue I had was the big reveal, that sweet tooth was created in a lab, saw it coming a mile off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"