Syn's RPGs

Eddie Brock

Golden Domer
Reaction score
Ok, here's a list of what we established on Syn's boards. Discuss them here...except for PotC since SSF made a thread about that already.

Transformers
Starting with no continuity, this RPG begins in Cybertron before the Autobots/Decepticons leave.

Star Wars: Expanded Universe
This RPG has to do with the Star Wars: Expanded Universe...mainly, the events after Return of the Jedi.

Marvels
Marvel Universe with no established continuity.

DC: New Age
DC Universe with no established continuity.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Lost Shores
See SSF's thread for details.

Heroes
This RPG branches off following the events of Heroes Season I.

Smallville
This RPG picks up where the Season 6 finale left off.

Here's an application for the Transformers RPG since that's the one I most actively wish to pursue:

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: I feel wrong for taking credit, so I'll suggest Syn or Spider-Man9x17. My knowledge of Transformers isn't expansive enough to be the head.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?:
I have AIM - SixersFanatic05

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:
Either Syn or Spider-Man9x17...whichever one isn't the GM. And I suppose myself since I'm the one pitching it.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?:
It will be laid out like most other RPG's. Each season is a continuation of the previous ones, with intertwining storylines.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).
The first couple pages will establish what happened on Cybertron to cause the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons. After that, both sides will begin to arrive on Earth and take on new forms. Optimus would assemble the Autobots, Megatron would assemble the Decepticons. Players may also pick up a human character if they feel the need.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):
It's a break from the Superhero Genre which is being overloaded. It's something completely different from anything else that has been established.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:
"Robots In Disguise": The Transformers RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Official Transformers RPG Application

Charcter you plan on playing?:

Type of Vehicle?:

Team affiliation?:

Any important previous cybertron details or stories for your character?:

Three Reasons you choose this character?:

What can you bring to this RPG and your character?:

What font will your character speak in?:

Any attached NPCs?:

You know how to post pics and do html or BB codes here?:

i still got downs on bumblebee

i still got downs on bumblebee
Dang...the movie made me like him. But I'm fine with Red Alert.

But let's not worry about that until MB and Twy put in their 2 cents.

Here's the roster over there:

Optimus Prime
Spiderman9x17

Red Alert
Eddie Brock Jr.

Bumblebee
Kaboom

Hound
Wulfen

Megatron
Apprentice

Soundwave
Syn (Mercenary)

Starscream
Syn (Mercenary)

Iv already talked to Syn and called dibs on a character, not gonna say who it is right now but Syn knows.

Yes I enjoy being cryptic. :D

I'm not sure if we ever can/will do a Beast Wars season. As I said, my TF knowledge is limited, so I don't know what that would involve.

I know, I just felt like putting that out there.

That'd be a lot more like Transformers: Universe stuff. And this is before Generation One as far as I can tell, so this would be before the migration from Autobot and Decepticon to Maximal and Predacon.

Though, that would be pretty cool. Though I could see Optimal Optimus just being like that one character nobody wants to fight, or "Transmetal II" Megatron. =/

That'd be a lot more like Transformers: Universe stuff. And this is before Generation One as far as I can tell, so this would be before the migration from Autobot and Decepticon to Maximal and Predacon.

Though, that would be pretty cool. Though I could see Optimal Optimus just being like that one character nobody wants to fight, or "Transmetal II" Megatron. =/
It's basically Generation One minus the continuity. And you can use any form of your character.

I like the TF RPG idea, though maybe it'd be best to limit which versions are available to choose from.

I like the TF RPG idea, though maybe it'd be best to limit which versions are available to choose from.
Well, my understanding is that you have to be an Autobot or a Decepticon (or Constructicon and all the other vehicle modes)...but you can be any vehicle that your character has assumed over the years. For instance, I stuck with Red Alert's G1 form (because Lambourghinis are awesome), but I could've went with the SUV version.

Here's the roster over there:

Optimus Prime
Spiderman9x17

Red Alert
Eddie Brock Jr.

Bumblebee
Kaboom

Hound
Wulfen

Megatron
Apprentice

Soundwave
Syn (Mercenary)

Starscream
Syn (Mercenary)

I'd love to be in this, but I'd only be capable of doing Starscream or Optimus Prime.

Edit: And maybe Grimlock, but that would require a lot of setup.

So, wait... we're bring the RPG's from Syn's board here?

Just saying, because DC: New Age might not work, since we have Ultimate DC. Though Marvels might.

So, wait... we're bring the RPG's from Syn's board here?

Just saying, because DC: New Age might not work, since we have Ultimate DC. Though Marvels might.
The ones that are worth it...I think the reason they failed is because they are far from the Hype.

And I'm curious, do we use pre-existing Transformers, can we forge our own?

*Is fully aware of the list o' bots.*

I'm curious because SOME bots have kind of...more than one form/character, despite they being Decepticon or Autobot.

Scourge comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"