• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Syn's Scratch Pad

awesome stuff dude, did you ever finish putting a background in for that robocop piece?

Thanks!

unfortunately no, I never did finish my Robocop piece. But it is something i'd like to revisit. So don't be surprised if it resurfaces. :)

Hey guys.
I figured i'd post this here. It's my lovely girlfriend's birthday, so I made this for her. Character based on her from my comic that needs a major overhaul.

hope you likes. :)

valsmallcp9.jpg

^loving the hair. looks really great. I bet she loves it!

Thanks x2.

Thanks bud. I appreciate you stopping by. this thread was getting kinda lonely for awhile. Hopefully i'll get around to CGing those scarlet spider images at some point.

Until then, Progress!

wonderwomanur5.jpg

Making them a bit smaller now, for easier browsing.
- Boots Shaded.
- Hair completely reworked. I kinda forgot how to cg hair. So i'm working on getting that back.
- Her right knee was altered because it was buggin me.

Enjoy!

the painting on the clothes and hair looks spot on! great work so far.

^loving the hair. looks really great. I bet she loves it!
Thanks. I was pretty satisfied with how the hair turned out. She seems to like it. Which is all that really matters.

the painting on the clothes and hair looks spot on! great work so far.
Thanks bud. I'll probably end up changing the hair again. but i don't know yet.

Change the hair, if you want, but to me it looks good... As for the clothes I know I said it before but they looks really great. I love how you can tell they're made of different material... like cloth vs. leather.

Hey guys.
I figured i'd post this here. It's my lovely girlfriend's birthday, so I made this for her. Character based on her from my comic that needs a major overhaul.

hope you likes. :)

valsmallcp9.jpg

:up:

Don't have a lot of time to come up with anything original this month. But this month's contest gave me a good reason to draw warhawk. which is something i've been wanting to do. So here's a quick sketch. Colors will follow when I get em done.

warhawkdw4.jpg

Pose referenced from iron man. hope you like.

:up:

...finish RoboCop. :mad:

Ok sparky, simmer down. I'll get to it. heh.

I've got client work that needs to be done which takes priority.
Then midterm stuff.
Then current work.
Then I can go back and work on older pieces. I will assure you that I'll make the strongest efforts not to start anything new before I finish that for you, though.

Warhawk and a detailed version. Pretty quick and the flaws really show at the bigger size.
warhawkzp0.jpg

warhawkdetailhv3.jpg

Nice. :up: Did you do the background yourself?

Sorta. The bottom part is a stock photo i grabbed, photoshoped in some clouds on the top and a dedicated light source coming through the clouds, which in retrospect should probably be stronger, based on phigs comments.

not sure if anyone's interested, but here's a small web portfolio of my illustration and design work.

Here.

nice metal texture laid in. I love doing stuff like that... takes a picute to a whole new level.

very very early roughs for the art battle. I know i'm against KAD so i'm trying to amp up my perspective and composition a bit. things will be drastically tweaked as i keep working on this.

gambit.gif

quick update:

gambit.gif

I think this one will turn out alright.

I know it seems like i'm posting an update every 20 seconds, but i'm really having fun with this one. hoping to get some feedback at some point:

gambit.gif

hey Syn

liking it so far, the angle on phoenix is especially impressive! i'll be watching you vs KAD with great interest! i only just read about that battle thread which i'm annoyed about: it would have been good to compete with the likes of you, Mattchew and KAD... oh well, maybe next time! good luck!

hey Syn

liking it so far, the angle on phoenix is especially impressive! i'll be watching you vs KAD with great interest! i only just read about that battle thread which i'm annoyed about: it would have been good to compete with the likes of you, Mattchew and KAD... oh well, maybe next time! good luck!

Hey thanks Phig.
I'm glad you're digging some of my perspective work. I knew going up against KAD that i'd really need to bring it, when it comes to composition and perspective.

As for the battle. Message MrH. I'm sure it's not too late. The last group in the battle is 3 people, if you entered it would at least split it into 2 matches of 2v2s. I know for a fact you work fast enough to get something done for the first round by april 1st.

i really can't wait to see the finished product

i really can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks CC.

Really pushing for the deadline. It's been insane the work i've been buried under since I started this thing. Hopefully I'll have time to at least finish line work to submit.

Teaser:
gambit.gif

You got me smokin Sync.

Great work so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"