• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 TASM2 vs. Other Marvel 2014 Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Legend of OZ: Dorothy's return is not a sequel to Oz: the Great and Powerful.

Legend of OZ is an animated film starring Lea Michele as Dorothy.

Also, I believe its a direct sequel to the Judy Garland original.
My bad, thanks for pointing that out, bro!

My top 10 at the moment.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Godzilla
3. Interstellar
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
5. X-Men Days Of Future Past
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
7. Dumb and Dumber To
8. Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes
9. Guardians Of The Galaxy
10. Transformers 4: Age Of Extinction

The trailer for Interstellar didn't do anything for me, so I'm not yet excited for that film. Same for Godzilla's teaser, which was just OK in my opinion.

I can understand why people didn't like the Interstellar trailer, but the movie is one year away. The trailer was designed to just ask you the question, what else can we accomplish as humans. It really wasn't supposed to "wow" you. We basically could have got nothing at all. I'm glad we at least have something.

I'm not denying that, but it just didn't do anything to get me excited is all I'm saying.

Look Spidey has always been Marvel's flagship. As Stan Lee most famously said, "It's kind of like Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, when people think Walt Disney, they think of Mickey Mouse. When people think Stan Lee, for those who don't think 'who's that' they think of Spider-man."

I think TASM2 has the potential to be the definitive Spider-man film, so potentially the kind of boost that we saw from Batman Begins to TDK. But much of that will depend on the reviews.

Having said that, I think CATWS is going to surprise people. Now I say that with some reluctance as that's what I thought about Thor TDW. However in retrospect, there seems to have been some production problems with that film along the way. They had all the right pieces, something just didn't click.

I have been very impressed by what I've seen from CATWS so far, but we'll see if it holds.

I think TASM2 has the potential to be the definitive Spider-man film
I feel like people say this about every new movie. The first Spider-Man movie I feel like is and will always remain the definitive Spider-Man movie. They sort of made it with that intention and they accomplished it. This new franchise plan is much too spread out for any one movie to be the definitive Spider-Man film.

I feel like people say this about every new movie. The first Spider-Man movie I feel like is and will always remain the definitive Spider-Man movie. They sort of made it with that intention and they accomplished it. This new franchise plan is much too spread out for any one movie to be the definitive Spider-Man film.
True. But I think this film series has the potential to be the definitive Spider-Man movie franchise.

In terms of 2014 comic book movies, it's hard not to be a bit hyped for ASM2, seeing as how it almost has an epic feel to it (with every re-viewing of the trailer, I get more excited). CATWS also looks fantastic, though I hope the film redeems Phase II as I've been disappointed with the Phase II movies thus far.

That's one of the only ways TASM and BB are similar. Even then, there's plenty of folks out there who prefer SM2 and some even SM1 over TASM.

I think I see more people preferring SM2 over TASM than they do with SM1 over TASM.

i think SM1 is a much better film than TASM

dat opinion

I feel CA:TFS looks a lot like a spy movie of the Mission Impossible mould

It can be something very different and fresh from other Superhero movies.That is if Marvel doesn't puncture it with out of place lame jokes like they have been doing recently

I feel CA:TFS looks a lot like a spy movie of the Mission Impossible mould

It can be something very different and fresh from other Superhero movies.That is if Marvel doesn't puncture it with out of place lame jokes like they have been doing recently

They have been doing that since Phase I, if anything i enjoyed the jokes in Thor 2 much more than in the first film, there i was just cringing at half the earth scenes.

i think SM1 is a much better film than TASM

dat opinion
I think SM1 is a better standalone movie than TASM1. To me, its THE Spider-Man movie.

But within the context of a film series, I like TASM1 more. I think overall I'm going to like this film universe a lot more, but that of course depends on how TASM2 and TASM3 turn out.

SM1 was the best theater going experience I ever had. It took the Spider-Man fan inside me and multiplied it by a billion.

Never grew up with it. Even as a kid, I kinda saw it as that one movie that was kinda cool.

Last edited:
I don't think we've had a "definitive" Spider-man movie and, honestly, I kind of think the idea of one is ridiculous (no offense to those who think one exists or will exist). Doesn't the name "Spider-man" sort of define itself. And the fact remains that there isn't a consensus on one Spider-man film being the go-to one in discussions because there are multiple ones. Is there a movie that "sums up" Spider-man? I would argue they all do (including Spider-man 3). They kind of have to considering he's the subject of the movie. I just think it's a strange notion. People do this with the Batman films as well and it's a fruitless discussion.

Yeah, it's pretty much based on preference.

Example: I'm not a fan of MGS, but loved Assassin's Creed (1 and 2 at least.... A lot of the games in the series blew).

Interstellar is my most anticipated movie of 2014. Spidey 2 comes right after! I think Spidey 2 has a great chance against the other Marvel films of next year, when talking Box office. And actually I think it has a potentially greater chance of being the best of the Marvel films of next year!

I rarely even think about non-Spider-Man movies, honestly. It's kind of weird.

I don't think I've said that with any Spidey film, but with the two trailers that I've seen and where I predict this film will go, I do think this will be the definitive Spider-Man film.

I rarely even think about non-Spider-Man movies, honestly. It's kind of weird.
Don't feel bad about it you're not the only one, it was once when Spidey got rebooted I was like marvel studios who? Same way with everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"