Teen Titans/Titans Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know there has'nt been an announcement made about a teen titans OYL, but still the whole OYL thing is still gonna affect them. what are your thoughts on the new roster and how do you think johns is going to take the book in terms of the characters handling thier mentor's absense? one thing I've noticed is that cyborg is no where to be seen in the last 2-3 issues of the book, whats up with that?

love the damian/ravager relationship :up:

That's disgusting.

Who would want to **** Ravager, after all?

emot-downsrim.gif

Anyway, I'll say it: is anyone actually enjoying this new Solstice character that they're introducing? There's not really anything overtly wrong with her but, I dunno, her "intro" in the Wonder Girl book just felt really forced. And I don't wanna be the guy bringing up the "Well, she was obviously created as a response to all the racism backlash" argument here but...come on, she was obviously created as a response to all the racism backlash. Everything about her and her design screams "trying to hard" on that particular front.

no, it's like a rush hour back and forth jokes type relationship but this issue they admitted they were friends.

This was the first Teen Titans issue I had read in a while, and it's pretty much typical JT Krul fare. He's the comic book version of Uwe Boll: I honestly feel kind of bad for him, because he tries so goddamn hard, and fails so miserably anyway. It's clear he genuinely doesn't understand what made Rise of Arsenal such a bad comic. I think his biggest crime, of course, is the ridiculous overuse of bolded words in his writing. And when he emphasizes the wrong word, it's so much worse.

And I hate Beast Boy's little fang.

Green Arrow (what i read of the new series) and his teen titans were okay. i stopped at arsenal #2 so i dunno where he went wrong there, guess i was smarter than you guys who kept reading it.

I read Rise of Arsenal because it was awesome, but in all the wrong ways.

Anyway, I'll say it: is anyone actually enjoying this new Solstice character that they're introducing? There's not really anything overtly wrong with her but, I dunno, her "intro" in the Wonder Girl book just felt really forced. And I don't wanna be the guy bringing up the "Well, she was obviously created as a response to all the racism backlash" argument here but...come on, she was obviously created as a response to all the racism backlash. Everything about her and her design screams "trying to hard" on that particular front.
I've only read her debut in Wonder Girl, but I agree, it was really awkward. "Hey, I'm a random Indian girl you happened to meet for no apparent reason. Oh, look, a supervillain. Be back in a sec, I have to go to the bathroom. For a really long time. If an Indian superhero who looks identical to me shows up while I'm in there, pay her no mind." And then she proceeds to pretty much steal Cassie's own one-shot from her for the duration of the fight.

I've only read her debut in Wonder Girl, but I agree, it was really awkward. "Hey, I'm a random Indian girl you happened to meet for no apparent reason. Oh, look, a supervillain. Be back in a sec, I have to go to the bathroom. For a really long time. If an Indian superhero who looks identical to me shows up while I'm in there, pay her no mind." And then she proceeds to pretty much steal Cassie's own one-shot from her for the duration of the fight.

And that was still the best part of that book.

Yeah, it was. I appreciate the attempt at trying to flesh out the relationship between Cassie and her mother, but man, it was a pretty sad attempt.

At least it was fun counting all the panels where Cassie wraps one arm around herself and hangs her head with her face in shadows because of emotion and sadness.

At least she hasn't tried to clone anyone. She's still one up on Tim's wangsty period.

There's not a whole lot worse than Krul's banter, though. It makes me emotional and sad like Cassie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"